Barrett is a sloppy player

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 184

I'm hoping Barrett's career arc follows Tracy McGrady's. I'll take an improved DeMar DeRozan though.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Irv wrote:I'm hoping Barrett's career arc follows Tracy McGrady's. I'll take an improved DeMar DeRozan though.
tracy was such a baller though. His offensive game was so advanced and he was such an athlete. Derozan's such a good athlete too. It's my biggest worry about RJ. He's going to have to reallllly become a way better shooter to become a great scorer with his limited speed and hops.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

JoeD wrote:With the third pick I would choose Bol Bol. He fits the bill for new age big man shoot handle defense and he has pedigree. He make to much sense. He probably ends up being the best player after Zion in the draft.
Mitch is the 5. He is the chosen one. He is a gift from the basketball gods. I will not turn my back on him.

bol bol probably wont even go in the top 10 though. So if you want to trade one of our kids and the boston pick for him, I wouldn't haaaaate the idea. I dont like stringbean bigs though. I feel like Zion could end Bol Bol's career in one play. And when a big of that size ALREADY is missing most of the season due to a foot injury... red flags everywhere
Last edited by H20Knick on May 16th, 2019, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Thibs we trust.

Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 184

H20Knick wrote:tracy was such a baller though. His offensive game was so advanced and he was such an athlete. Derozan's such a good athlete too. It's my biggest worry about RJ. He's going to have to reallllly become a way better shooter to become a great scorer with his limited speed and hops.
Neither McGrady nor DeRozan were strong out of the gate though. McGrady was never a great shooter, and DeRozan's not good from long distance even today. DeRozan's stats weren't as good as Barrett's in his one season at USC, and DeRozan didn't have to compete with Zion for shots. I'm hoping that this will all translate even better for RJ at the next level. He'll have to build on his craftiness instead of relying on his athleticism.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

Irv wrote:I'm hoping Barrett's career arc follows Tracy McGrady's. I'll take an improved DeMar DeRozan though.
I'd even take a normal DeRozan
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Greenie
Likes given: 57

I don’t think he’s that bad. We should probably try to trade down though.
We won’t...but we should.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Will this become his "perennial all-star"-thread?

A nice write up: https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2019- ... 3plhifvch4
#knickstape
Championship 16/17
Likes given: 0

It's simple for me, RJ Barrett is a defensive liability. Reminds me of Micheal Redd without the shooting. I would trade the pick to Atlanta for the 8th and 10th pick, get Cameron Reddish to be your Shooting guard and use the 10th pick to get a PF. Both players have to have potential on the defensive end and must have good court awareness and passing ability.

NY wanted Zion, no other player will fill that void. He will forever be in the shadows of Zion.

Trade the pick! Get defensive players who fill a void and can complete a team around Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. That's is paramount over selecting the best player available.
Greenie

Championship 16/17 wrote:It's simple for me, RJ Barrett is a defensive liability. Reminds me of Micheal Redd without the shooting. I would trade the pick to Atlanta for the 8th and 10th pick, get Cameron Reddish to be your Shooting guard and use the 10th pick to get a PF. Both players have to have potential on the defensive end and must have good court awareness and passing ability.

NY wanted Zion, no other player will fill that void. He will forever be in the shadows of Zion.

Trade the pick! Get defensive players who fill a void and can complete a team around Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. That's is paramount over selecting the best player available.
We’re in the lotto for a reason.
Always go with the best player.
H20Knick

Championship 16/17 wrote:It's simple for me, RJ Barrett is a defensive liability. Reminds me of Micheal Redd without the shooting. I would trade the pick to Atlanta for the 8th and 10th pick, get Cameron Reddish to be your Shooting guard and use the 10th pick to get a PF. Both players have to have potential on the defensive end and must have good court awareness and passing ability.

fun fact... cam reddish was by no metric a better defender than rj barrett was.

cam reddish can't reliably be bothered to do anything actually

so many people who clearly didnt start watching duke play until march chiming in on their thoughts on rj barrett and its so obvious
In Thibs we trust.

Greenie

H20Knick wrote:

fun fact... cam reddish was by no metric a better defender than rj barrett was.

cam reddish can't reliably be bothered to do anything actually

so many people who clearly didnt start watching duke play until march chiming in on their thoughts on rj barrett and its so obvious

Yeah. I watched a few games. Barrett is way better. I don’t think understand his game though.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Greenie wrote: We’re in the lotto for a reason.
Always go with the best player.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
H20Knick

Greenie wrote:

Yeah. I watched a few games. Barrett is way better. I don’t think understand his game though.
Hey Greenie, Welcome to NYKFP. Glad you joined and hope you stick around
In Thibs we trust.

Koopa Troopa

Irv wrote:
Neither McGrady nor DeRozan were strong out of the gate though. McGrady was never a great shooter, and DeRozan's not good from long distance even today. DeRozan's stats weren't as good as Barrett's in his one season at USC, and DeRozan didn't have to compete with Zion for shots. I'm hoping that this will all translate even better for RJ at the next level. He'll have to build on his craftiness instead of relying on his athleticism.
Id argue that McGrady was one of the all time greats for midrange shooting. :?

My thing with Barrett is that in college you can barely penetrate cause everything is so compact. Shorter three point line, no defensive 3 seconds. Its a lot of left to right passing, looking for the guy in the middle to break zones and etc. Most of these guys are just swinging the ball and chucking threes. Not gonna say I followed Duke closely but I did catch like 10 or so games this year and he never did anything spectacular. But again hard to really tell cause college ball is played a certain way. From the games I saw it was just 3 and D. Reports of him penetrating and whatever in scouting reports and im just like when did that happen? :laugh:
Greenie

H20Knick wrote:
Hey Greenie, Welcome to NYKFP. Glad you joined and hope you stick around
reub

Hey Greenie, Welcome to NYKFP. Glad you joined and hope you stick around[/quote]

Yes, welcome. Did you get banned over there?
Greenie

Got suspended. I’m not going back though. Mofo’s got mad I pulled up them calling Steph and Klay washed from a week earlier so they pulled some mess of me saying I want KD...FROM DECEMBER... BEFORE THE KP TRADE.

Tired of dummies. They’re the biggest trolls going but get mad when you pull them on the carpet for some mess they just recently said.

They can have it. I’m out. Let butt buddies Tron and Shamm run that board.
reub

Greenie wrote:Got suspended. I’m not going back though. Mofo’s got mad I pulled up them calling Steph and Klay washed from a week earlier so they pulled some mess of me saying I want KD...FROM DECEMBER... BEFORE THE KP TRADE.

Tired of dummies. They’re the biggest trolls going but get mad when you pull them on the carpet for some mess they just recently said.

They can have it. I’m out. Let butt buddies Tron and Shamm run that board.
Welcome. I think you'll like this place. People are friendly.
Greenie

reub wrote:
Welcome. I think you'll like this place. People are friendly.
This is my first day here. I simply hope mob mentality isn’t over here like it is over there.
Koopa Troopa

No mob mentality here cause we all disagree with each other about everything :laugh:

:drunk: