Well the lottery is over: Morant or RJ? Who would you prefer on the Knicks?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Gimme

Morant
43%
RJ
57%

Total votes: 14
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 814

There are 3 players we want... so we cannot loose;-)... I think there was 4-5 players I wanted last year... but there was no chance any of them was dropping to 9th so we got Knox... This year that is not an issue as we got the 3rd pick... So we will get on of Zion, Ja or RJ...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Freddie_Freeloader
Likes given: 0

I feel good with the 3rd pick. My fear is we would drop to 4 or 5. At this point, even if we don't sign any free agents, we go into the season with a young core of:
DSJ
RJ Barrett
Kevin Knox
Mitch Robinson

Add in 3 first round picks the next 2 years that could be lottery picks, and we have the potential of a nice future. I just hope we don't mortgage it on a win now mentality, the same one that has set this franchise back for decades.

If we play things right, we could be building a team for long term success like the San Antonios of the world. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Freddie_Freeloader wrote:I feel good with the 3rd pick. My fear is we would drop to 4 or 5. At this point, even if we don't sign any free agents, we go into the season with a young core of:
DSJ
RJ Barrett
Kevin Knox
Mitch Robinson

Add in 3 first round picks the next 2 years that could be lottery picks, and we have the potential of a nice future. I just hope we don't mortgage it on a win now mentality, the same one that has set this franchise back for decades.

If we play things right, we could be building a team for long term success like the San Antonios of the world. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
exactly

and in my perfect universe, KD and Kawhi/Kyrie/Kemba/Butler (in that order) come and help those guys go to the promised land and then KD hands over the keys to the kingdom. So much KD could teach Knox and RJ. Use the cap space to bring in some vets to help the win now cause, but keep the kids together. There's no precedent for this really. An extreme mixture of talented youth and superstar vets. It's the opposite of what lebron always tries to do.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

knicksH20 wrote:I still want Zion at #3
:LOL:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
spree#8
Likes given: 547

I am fine with either one, but hope for Barrett.
#knickstape
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Freddie_Freeloader wrote:I feel good with the 3rd pick. My fear is we would drop to 4 or 5. At this point, even if we don't sign any free agents, we go into the season with a young core of:
DSJ
RJ Barrett
Kevin Knox
Mitch Robinson

+1
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 844

In this weak draft,does Dennis get us a top 10 pick? As much as I like Ja,I see no need for Dennis with Ja on board...Plus,what do we do if Kyrie wants in and Memphis grabs Barret??
reub

I'd rather draft Garland, who may be better than Ja, and sign KD and Jimmy Butler. Then we can keep our future intact and not trade it away for AD.

Garland
Dotson
Butler
KD
Mitch
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Jonathan Givony

@DraftExpress
Source: Barring the unexpected, Memphis Grizzlies front office and ownership appear to have locked in on selecting Ja Morant with the No. 2 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, and are informing parties in Chicago of such. That clears the way for R.J. Barrett to fall to the Knicks at #3.
Fxck Adam Silver
gradyandrew

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Jonathan Givony

@DraftExpress
Source: Barring the unexpected, Memphis Grizzlies front office and ownership appear to have locked in on selecting Ja Morant with the No. 2 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, and are informing parties in Chicago of such. That clears the way for R.J. Barrett to fall to the Knicks at #3.
I will fuck you up Jonathan Givony if this turns out to be sone bullshit.
Randle in the Rafters
taowave

CHICAGO -- The Memphis Grizzlies have told interested parties in Chicago, where the NBA draft combine is underway, that they intend to select Murray State guard Ja Morant with the No. 2 pick in the draft, provided the New Orleans Pelicans take Duke's Zion Williamson with the first pick, sources told ESPN.

The Grizzlies were awarded the second pick in Tuesday's draft lottery, moving up from the eighth slot thanks to the luck of the ping pong balls.

Sources say members of the Grizzlies front office and ownership group have let their intentions be known.

NBA draft stock watch: Intel from Portsmouth Invitational
Morant is expected to usher in a new era at point guard for the Grizzlies, who selected Mike Conley with the No. 4 pick in 2007 and saw him develop into a borderline All-Star. Conley has two years remaining on his five-year, $140 million contract, but he won't be difficult to move for positive value considering his productivity (21 points and 6 assists per game) and the fact that he's still only 31 years old.

Playing Conley and Morant together in a smaller backcourt until a suitable deal is found is a possibility the Grizzlies might explore to help ease the rookie's transition to the NBA.

Should the Grizzlies proceed with drafting Morant as expected, the road will be cleared for the Blue Devils' RJ Barrett -- the presumptive No. 1 pick in the draft entering the season -- to land in New York with the Knicks. Sources say that Barrett would be ecstatic to end up in New York, but that the franchise will do its due diligence with exploring trade options, as well as work out other players projected to be selected in the top 10.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

taowave wrote:CHICAGO -- The Memphis Grizzlies have told interested parties in Chicago, where the NBA draft combine is underway, that they intend to select Murray State guard Ja Morant with the No. 2 pick in the draft, provided the New Orleans Pelicans take Duke's Zion Williamson with the first pick, sources told ESPN.

The Grizzlies were awarded the second pick in Tuesday's draft lottery, moving up from the eighth slot thanks to the luck of the ping pong balls.

Sources say members of the Grizzlies front office and ownership group have let their intentions be known.

NBA draft stock watch: Intel from Portsmouth Invitational
Morant is expected to usher in a new era at point guard for the Grizzlies, who selected Mike Conley with the No. 4 pick in 2007 and saw him develop into a borderline All-Star. Conley has two years remaining on his five-year, $140 million contract, but he won't be difficult to move for positive value considering his productivity (21 points and 6 assists per game) and the fact that he's still only 31 years old.

Playing Conley and Morant together in a smaller backcourt until a suitable deal is found is a possibility the Grizzlies might explore to help ease the rookie's transition to the NBA.

Should the Grizzlies proceed with drafting Morant as expected, the road will be cleared for the Blue Devils' RJ Barrett -- the presumptive No. 1 pick in the draft entering the season -- to land in New York with the Knicks. Sources say that Barrett would be ecstatic to end up in New York, but that the franchise will do its due diligence with exploring trade options, as well as work out other players projected to be selected in the top 10.
great news. how many pg projects can one team take on in 3 years.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
taowave

RJ Barret told Stephen A that he's right-handed..Thats pretty strange condidering he never goes right
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

taowave wrote:RJ Barret told Stephen A that he's right-handed..Thats pretty strange condidering he never goes right
He just wanted to prove he could do it. Southpaw that is. :LOL: