Around the NBA 2018-19

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Sorta sad the situation with Fultz, cause he has the skills to eventually tool up in the league. I really can’t call it with his shooting form, cause if it were me, I would’ve immediately sought some sort of extensive medical opinions the second my shooting form escaped me. That’s what I really don’t understand about his situation. And that’s probably why I’m tired of him. Cause he knew a long time ago that his NBA career had taken a turn for the worse.

Too much money at stake to take it lightly.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

#TeamTank
gradyandrew

shakespeare wrote:Sorta sad the situation with Fultz, cause he has the skills to eventually tool up in the league. I really can’t call it with his shooting form, cause if it were me, I would’ve immediately sought some sort of extensive medical opinions the second my shooting form escaped me. That’s what I really don’t understand about his situation. And that’s probably why I’m tired of him. Cause he knew a long time ago that his NBA career had taken a turn for the worse.

Too much money at stake to take it lightly.

Philly is approaching 90s Clippers in terms of their lack of success in the draft. Hard to believe that afterabout what, 5-6 years of multiple 1st round picks theyve only hit on two of them.
Randle in the Rafters
shakespeare

Agreed. 6ers definitely had lottery picks galore for the past few years or so. And struck out with a few. For awhile, I wondered if Embiid would ever play in the league. They probably wondered the same as it was rumored that Embiid was available in a trade. At the same time, I think his injury-plagued seasons might’ve placed 6ers in position to draft Ben Simmons.

I wouldn’t have drafted Okafor but most NBA draft experts believed greatness around the time. Saric panned. Not sure what happened to MCW. I sorta remember Harkless, but not really. If I’m not mistaken, JRue Holiday even wore the jersey throughout the front office bad luck and blunders?
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

Anyone else watch Nets Grizz?

Nets with 33 secs left in regulation....a true debacle. But in the OT's the refs favored the grizz so hard, the refs definitely wanted to get home. Either that or they had an agenda against Dinwiddie. Good game but some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

I hate how in the NBA if you criticize the refs you get fined. No accountability for the refs. Multiple horrid no calls, some terrible foul calls and multiple horrid call changes on reviews for out of bounds plays. Just blatantly awful. Sometimes its gross to watch the NBA.
shakespeare

Is Carmelo Anthony’s career over? Some NBA executives reportedly think so:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/is ... -think-so/
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

Hes a fan favorite and loved in locker rooms in one sentence. Then in the next they are practically calling him a cancer. There seems to be an agenda against Melo in the NBA.

I hope he is just taking his time to decide on a team rather than it really being him getting blackballed. Might be teams waiting to see if they are contenders or if they will have roster space in the coming weeks. Its still very early.

The idea that Melo doesnt wanna play off the bench is BS. Dude is signing minimum contracts. They try to paint Melo as a dummy with no self awareness when he has never shown that in his entire career.

They wanna get rid of him like they did with AI.
Koopa Troopa

Shumps biggest career highlight

Didnt even know he was on the Kings.
taowave
Likes given: 817

This is why you Tank

Dudes 19,with no NBA conditioning
Rookies in NBA history who have averaged at least 19/6/4 and a 58 TS%:

Michael Jordan
Luka Doncic

That's it.
shakespeare

This is a pretty good read, mainly Durant reiterating his concerns about playing with “LeBron James” [and playing with LeBron in high-profile Lakerland]. Initially, it sounded like some BS. But after reading the entire article I see where he’s coming from:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2546 ... air-lebron

At the same time, he plays in Golden State, so what is he really saying?
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Iverson should write a book about the game from his perspective via the years he played the game, I’d love to read. He has a way of drawing readers into the story—here, he recounts a brief yet hilarious encounter with Michael Jordan:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/al ... ack-jesus/
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

[youtube]aYsBqm1cyUk[/youtube]
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Raptors are a problem

Maybe this year will be different
Fxck Adam Silver
shakespeare

Why do you say Raptors are a problem?
#TeamTank
ISIAH_THOMAS

this is pathetic
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

shakespeare wrote:Why do you say Raptors are a problem?
Think they could legit win the title

This team seem different
Fxck Adam Silver
shakespeare

There are so many solid teams in the EC. I can’t really say who will reach the Finals, but I’m hoping Bucks. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Raptors in the Finals—and I agree the team looks different or not as predictable as yesteryear.

Eastern Conference playoffs: Bucks, Pacers, 6ers, Raptors, Celtics and who else?
#TeamTank
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Not only the addition of Kawahi, but moving Ibaka to center makes them a super fast defensive team, and most importantly, allows them to start Siakam, who is the most improved player, a budding star, yeah, theyre a problem.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
shakespeare

You once said Siakim was good.

And he is.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Also, now that Wizards have Trevor Ariza, I expect Washington to be in the NBA Finals.
#TeamTank