2018 Free Agent thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Suns signing Trevor Ariza and 6ers trading for Wilson Chandler are two moves that mirror one another from a roster building standpoint.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

The Suns roster is pretty dope. Fun team
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Boston_PuppyDawg

Spurs franchise icon Tony Parker joins his former assistant coach James Borrego with the Hornets. https://t.co/hYDmWpVHF6
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Spurs franchise icon Tony Parker joins his former assistant coach James Borrego with the Hornets. https://t.co/hYDmWpVHF6
[youtube]AXzEcwYs8Eo[/youtube]
shakespeare

StevoStarks wrote:The Suns roster is pretty dope. Fun team
Agreed. I look forward to watching them this season. I wonder everything wing players Ariza, Mikal Bridges and Josh Jackson bring to the perimeter from a defensive standpoint. Not to mention what Ayton might bring if those 3 force their opponents to drive the ball into the paint.

If Booker shines, does Phoenix make the playoffs?
#TeamTank
Boston_PuppyDawg

RFA Zach LaVine has agreed to a four-year, $80M offer sheet with the Sacramento Kings, league sources tell Yahoo. The Chicago Bulls have 48 hours to match.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

San Antonio Spurs restricted free agent Kyle Anderson has signed a four-year, $37.2 million offer sheet with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources told ESPN.
Mike1989

shakespeare wrote:Agreed. I look forward to watching them this season. I wonder everything wing players Ariza, Mikal Bridges and Josh Jackson bring to the perimeter from a defensive standpoint. Not to mention what Ayton might bring if those 3 force their opponents to drive the ball into the paint.

If Booker shines, does Phoenix make the playoffs?
The Suns certainly have potential. Their depth chart looks solid based off what ESPN currently project it to be:

Knight / Okobo
Booker / Daniels / Reed / Harrison
Warren / Ariza / Mikal
Jackson / Chriss / Bender / Dudley
Ayton / Chandler / Bender

I'm not sure how they will work the forward spots, I'd say Ariza and Jackson make sense then utilize Warren as a sixth man, or alternatively they could return to the Booker at point guard experiment then play with Warren, Jackson and Ariza in the starting line up. It's a nice problem for them to have when they will potentially be bringing players like Mikal, Warren, Ariza, Chriss, Bender (etc) off the bench.

Play off team? I'm not sure they will make it this season, but I'd say a Timberwolves like jump when they went from 16 wins to 30 wins is realistic, though they could increase that win count if things click for them. That roster is certainly enviable.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Free agent center Brook Lopez has reached an agreement with Milwaukee, league sources tell ESPN.
shakespeare

Rockets looking to lowball Capela https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/ru ... -contract/

Smh.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks

shakespeare wrote:Rockets looking to lowball Capela https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/ru ... -contract/

Smh.
Uh oh.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
shakespeare

Kawhi Leonard would reportedly accept a trade to a team in the East, and it's Philadelphia 76ers. (Chris Haynes, ESPN.com)
Noooooo.

Sigh.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks

If that happened, Boston vs. Philly would get pretty interesting.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
shakespeare

Agreed.

Barring injury, it’d be 6ers vs Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals for years and years to come.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

Yeah but Kevin Knox and Kyrie. 8-)
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Jack Levine for 78 million hahaha Bulls : :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.
StevoStarks

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.
The Magic seemed like a better fit.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
Boston_PuppyDawg

Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.
shakespeare

Thomas went from playing with the Celtics to the Cavs to the Lakers to signing a one year league mining deal with the Nuggets.

Scary.
#TeamTank