2018 Free Agent thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

bobhait
Likes given: 62

shit’s going to be weird between DeMarcus and KD...

[youtube]fRLPdvoFJQY[/youtube]
sky’s the limit
dcapodic
Likes given: 0

StevoStarks wrote:I just don’t get it. And I’m so tired of watching the Warriors and their style of basketball head to the finals every season. And I’m tired of Lebron and his shtick as well.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I don’t really like the NBA anymore.
I guess it boils down to the fact that I don’t really like the NBA anymore.
I am getting here for sure.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Boston_PuppyDawg

Avery Bradley has agreed to a 2-year, $25M deal with the Clippers, per @ShamsCharania https://t.co/CyT4K9BGnN
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
gradyandrew

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Avery Bradley has agreed to a 2-year, $25M deal with the Clippers, per @ShamsCharania https://t.co/CyT4K9BGnN
Doc still has it! It's like the only players he knows about are the ones he already coached.

IT is the most talented guy left. Whichever team lands him is going to be happy as fuck Just make sure he gets a player option.
Randle in the Rafters
taowave
Likes given: 817

Apparently,nobody wanted to offer him the long term contract he thought he was worthy of..
Koopa Troopa wrote:How is Demarcus Cousins worth only 5 million? Ron Baker is making 4.5 million this year in comparison.

Adam Silver????? Do something.
shakespeare

Boogie is 1 of my favorite players in the league.

Whatever he’s down with, I’m down with it, too.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

big_j_NY wrote:the NBA has been hijacked the moment that a young Lebron uttered the words "I'm taking my talents to South Beach".
Celtics’ changed the game with Pierce, Garnett and Ray Allen.

LeBron only countered it.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

StevoStarks wrote:These assholes stole the league.
That, they did.

Warriors were championship bound for the 3rd consecutive season, anyway, so there’s really no harm and no foul on Boogie’s behalf. From what I’ve read, it was either Golden State or Boston.
#TeamTank
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

With us in a full development phase, I do take solace knowing that we don't have to compete with GS right now, and at some point, in the not so distant future, that team will no longer be what it is. And when they and all of their WC buddies start declining as those stars age and teams disassemble, we'll be there rising from the ashes like a Phoenix and ready to take the league by storm.

What a waste it would be right now if we were truly trying to win the championship this year or next. We're developing at exactly the right time. And hell, we may even sneak into the playoffs and get some playoff experience.

Bright side, positive thoughts, bright side, positive thoughts..... :drunk: :drunk:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
bobhait
Likes given: 62

...you know how long it’s been since my first “Phoenix” talk on here?
sky’s the limit
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

bobhait wrote:...you know how long it’s been since my first “Phoenix” talk on here?
Good to see you back on here Bob, doing your thing. Some peeps were trying to overtake your Kareem-esque posting title.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

H20Knick wrote:If demarcus went to play with lebron, you wouldve all loved it and he would've ended up like kevin love. A guy who easily did 25 and 12 until he joined lebron. Then he becomes overrated trash and lebron doesnt have any help.

Or he goes to the celtics (the other team he considered) and the Knicks are super fucked. Its a 1 year deal. The warriors can't afford to keep him. Its always the apocalypse to nba fans as if the rockets werent one game away. Who knows what kyrie and hayward will do next year. Who knos if boogie will even be the same player again. The lakers have too many fucking titles. I have no problem with golden state locking them down for the forseeable future.

We're the same fanbase that mortgaged our entire team to get superstars. Everyone's entire ambition is to draft talent that becomes all stars and then get superstars to come play with them. Thats exactly what the warriors did. If it were the Knicks youd all say it was karmic payback for 40 years of suck. It was only a few years ago that the warriors were a team with a notoriously rabid fanbase enduring a championship draught dating back to the mid 70s. Of course they are piling it on. Of course their fanbase is obnoxious. Do you understand how obnoxious all of us would be with this sort of overnight success? Let frank wake up being klay, let knox become durant, let kp turn into cousins, draft a steph, win 73 games, sweep whoever the goat flavor of the decade is, and see if i give 2 shits about other teams and the sake of parity after 40 plus years of this bullshit.
H20, I believe a Yahoo article was made in honor of your post

https://sports.yahoo.com/defense-warrio ... 57398.html

8-)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Sources: Free agent Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year, $2.5M deal with the Washington Wizards.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
shakespeare

StevoStarks wrote:
Bright side, positive thoughts, bright side, positive thoughts.....
Hilarious.

I read this in Fred Rogers’ voice.
#TeamTank
Boston_PuppyDawg

Utah guard Raul Neto has agreed to a contract extension, league source tells ESPN.
Koopa Troopa

taowave wrote:Apparently,nobody wanted to offer him the long term contract he thought he was worthy of..
Free Agency has only been open for 2 days though. Philly was apparently in talks with him too. Find that hard to believe.
Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Sources: Free agent Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year, $2.5M deal with the Washington Wizards.
You see stuff like this and immediately think of Ron Baker making 4.5 million. :taunt:
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I think he assumed he could build a new super team in short order because thats what LA does. I dont think he thought there was a chance in hell they'd strike out on PG, Cousins, and Kawhi. No lakers fan ive talked to thought that could happen to them. They're the most entitled fanbase in all of sports
Speaking as a fan of both teams (knicks first of course), I can say you are 100% right.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Free agent Amir Johnson is finalizing a one-year deal to return to the 76ers, league source tells ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Forward Nemanja Bjelica has agreed to a one-year deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell ESPN. Minnesota withdrew qualifying offer to make him a free agent.
shakespeare

Report: Lakers passed on Cousins because they didn’t want to wait on his return https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/04/re ... is-return/
Also, I didn’t know Lakers were 12th best defensive team in the league this past season.
#TeamTank