3/13/18: New York Knicks vs. Dallas Mavericks (L 97-110)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

This was a great loss for us.... where do we stand now

Also this proves to me that outside of KP the only young starter on a playoff team.....is no one. I pray it becomes frank in time.

If Tim is supposed to be a 3rd option on a good team they should of been the mavericks at home atleast
taowave
Likes given: 817

You have to give Jeff credit.No matter how well we play in the first half,Jeff figures out a way at half-time to get us obliterated in every third quarter..

What's most impressive is he waits just long enough for us to fall far enough behind to bring in Burke to camouflage the Tank...

Well done Jeff
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

taowave wrote:You have to give Jeff credit.No matter how well we play in the first half,Jeff figures out a way at half-time to get us obliterated in every third quarter..

What's most impressive is he waits just long enough for us to fall far enough behind to bring in Burke to camouflage the Tank...

Well done Jeff
Strategery
rebound
Likes given: 1104

Jeff is great. Wouldn't fire him until Kanter decides to opt in or not. If Kanter does opt in and this is essentially the same team plus a rookie, then Jeff should lead the Knicks to a top 5 pick.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Quiestion is.. What is our gain? We're still at 9, right?
StevoStarks

taowave wrote:I posted the same thing in the Frank thread...
I don't think he scored another point or got another dime the second I posted this. Typical.

Good loss!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Don Che wrote:This was a great loss for us.... where do we stand now

Also this proves to me that outside of KP the only young starter on a playoff team.....is no one. I pray it becomes frank in time.

If Tim is supposed to be a 3rd option on a good team they should of been the mavericks at home atleast
Very strange logic. So Marc Gasol can't start on a good team anymore? :?

Anyways: I was nervous that we would win this one, but every Knick outside of Hardaway/Burke didn't show up for the second half. There was a point early fourth when Hardaway/Burke were a combined 9/13 in the second half, while the rest shot 1/17. Ouch! Great loss!

These games between the tankers are as unpredictable as they get, so I am happy that this one is out of the way.
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

Spree,I think Don was saying outside of KP,we got nothing except the hope for Frank..
spree#8
Likes given: 540

BTW: I didn't get why Hornacek didn't take Hardaway earlier out at the end. The result was this on Hardaway's last play:
Tim Hardaway Jr. did not practice due to a sprained right ankle. He is questionable for Thursday's game against Philadelphia.
I mean if he was searching for a reason to keep THJ out of Mondays game against the Bulls, fine. But it's still a few days too early for that in my book...
#knickstape
Don Che

taowave wrote:Spree,I think Don was saying outside of KP,we got nothing except the hope for Frank..

precisely

When Tim is an ex DPOY ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do think Marc is a bit overrated but thats another thread/topic
Mike1989
Likes given: 0

NewlyKnicked wrote:Can't believe we manage to lose this one. How come Silver doesn't have anything to say about us?

The tank is powerful
If Silver has watched us regularly this season he's probably realised how terrible we can be. With KP out, we are relying on a number of streaky players, average veterans and depth chart guys. I don't think our team is going out there to intentionally lose. For me they are losing most nights because they just aren't good enough collectively to get the job done.

Let's also throw this one into the equation. Where would our starting line up from last night rank? I'd say bottom five or a spot or two higher at best. Realistically we are a bad team that lost to another bad team, but I'd probably rate their starting five as better than ours.