NBA Fantasy Draft (BENNY AND BBALL ARE LEFT!)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

FuryRealm25
Likes given: 0

This draft is like the All-Time Draft, except it's not all-time. It's just time. Well today's players. We're going to need judges as well so if you want to follow along and not participate, a judge would certainly help. I think about 5 judges are enough, but that could change. The limit to the number of players is 30. Pick an NBA team and you draft the players. I'll randomize the order and we'll go serpentine. PM the next guy after you pick. After 12 hours we'll skip you automatically and you can make your pick at anytime afterwards. You're building a roster of 12 basketball players and one coach (13 Rounds) from the NBA. Remember to take into account team chemistry (how the player would mesh with other players, maybe team personality, etc.) and how the coach you're picking would do with this squad. Make each pick nice, with a picture and maybe some stats and why you picked him. At the end of the draft, I'll start a new thread where you will post your rotations and a one paragraph summary. We'll also have a week to get some trades in. After that week, no more trades. The judges will rank them. Any questions ask, and sign up! So no one gets hurt, no one picks the Knicks :).

Teams and Order:

Nononsense - San Antonio Spurs: LeBron James, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Kenyon Martin, Kirk Hinrich, Jerry Sloan (c), Kelenna Azubuike, Francisco Garcia, Derek Fisher, Ben Wallace

nbafreak724 - New Orleans Hornets: Kobe Bryant, Baron Davis, Josh Smith, Mehmet Okur, Josh Howard, Paul Millsap, Andrew Bogut, Ramon Sessions, Rick Adelman (c), Rasual Butler, Carl Landry, Glen Davis, Tyreke Evans

Naanination - Portland Trailblazers: Chris Paul, David West, Ray Allen, Al Horford, Richard Jefferson, Brook Lopez, Jeff Green, JR Smith, Trevor Ariza, Steve Blake, Spencer Hawes, Ronny Turiaf, Byron Scott (c)

nazrmohamed - Golden State Warriors: Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, Hedo Turkoglu, Zach Randolph, Jason Richardson, Rodney Stuckey, George Karl (c), Anthony Randolph, Joel Pryzbilla, Chris Duhon, Jason Thompson, Jonny Flynn, Yi Jianlian

spree #8 - Sacramento Kings: Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Rip Hamilton, David Lee, Mike Bibby, Eric Gordon, Jermaine O'Neal, Mario Chalmers, Avery Johnson (c), James Posey, Erick Dampier, Ryan Gomes, Stephen Curry

knicksfan4life - Miami Heat: Dwyane Wade, Caron Butler, Rajon Rondo, Nene, Andrew Bynum, Russell Westbrook, Luol Deng, Jeff Van Gundy (c), Luis Scola, Roger Mason, Brendan Haywood, Kyle Korver, Nick Collison

YouthMovement - Oklahoma City Thunder: Brandon Roy, Kevin Martin, Rashard Lewis, Monta Ellis, Elton Brand, Andre Miller, Thaddeus Young, John Salmons, Boris Diaw, Stan Van Gundy (c), Marcin Gortat, Mike Dunleavy, Nenad Krstic

FuryRealm25 - Phoenix Suns: Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, LaMarcus Aldridge, Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Mike D'Antoni (c), Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Tyrus Thomas, Raja Bell, Anderson Varejao, Aaron Brooks, Travis Outlaw

N8theGR8 - Orlando Magic: Amar'e Stoudemire, Ron Artest, Manu Ginobili, Allen Iverson, Blake Griffin, Ricky Rubio, Andres Nocioni, Pat Riley (c), Kevin Love, Rudy Fernandez, Danilo Gallinari, Javale McGee, Courtney Lee

nyknicksfan27 - Toronto Raptors: Carmelo Anthony, Antawn Jamison, Stephen Jackson, Andris Biedrins, Raymond Felton, Samuel Dalembert, Al Harrington, Andrea Bargnani, Rick Carlisle (c), Rafer Alston, Larry Hughes, Mickael Pietrus, Jamario Moon

Sundov=NextMJ - Atlanta Hawks: Pau Gasol, Andre Iguodala, Carlos Boozer, Jose Calderon, Andrei Kirilenko, Jason Terry, Charlie Villanueva, Greg Oden, Ronnie Brewer, Marvin Williams, Nate McMillan (c), Mike Conley, Chuck Hayes

NYKCroatia - Denver Nuggets: Kevin Durant, Al Jefferson, OJ Mayo, Tyson Chandler, Phil Jackson (c), TJ Ford, Michael Beasley, Corey Maggette, Randy Foye, Brad Miller, Earl Watson, Anthony Parker, DeShawn Stevenson

Ken the Animal Bannister - Los Angeles Clippers: Kevin Garnett, Chauncey Billups, Gerald Wallace, Lamar Odom, Mo Williams, Chris Andersen, Gregg Popovich (c), Leandro Barbosa, Kendrick Perkins, Josh Childress, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Delonte West, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

BenNY89 - Houston Rockets: Chris Bosh, Devin Harris, Rudy Gay, Shaquille O'Neal, Jamal Crawford, Troy Murphy, Larry Brown (c), Grant Hill, Joakim Noah, Udonis Haslem, Beno Udrih, Matt Barnes

MrMajik2 - Los Angeles Lakers: Joe Johnson, Tony Parker, Yao Ming, Marcus Camby, Tayshaun Prince, Nate Robinson, Doc Rivers (c), Wilson Chandler, Hasheem Thabeet, Al Thornton, Jarrett Jack, Andray Blatche, DeMar Derozan

bballrule11 - Dallas Mavericks: Danny Granger, Deron Williams, Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, Jameer Nelson, Chris Kaman, Peja Stojakovic, Tracy Mcgrady, Marc Gasol, Hakim Warrick, Don Nelson (c), Drew Gooden

Judges:

n8 the gr8
rynyk222
SALfromNY
Last edited by FuryRealm25 on August 18th, 2009, 12:26 pm, edited 109 times in total.
Edit: Inappropriate signature removed.
bobhait
Likes given: 63

I think the Lakers already created the greatest team today
sky’s the limit
FuryRealm25

Here's your chance to do the same.
Edit: Inappropriate signature removed.
Naan

I'll take Portland and try not to recreate the current Knicks.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

I'll be a judge.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
nbafreak724

Count me in as the N'awlins Hornets.
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
YouthMovement

Thunda for me please
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Count me in, Ill be the Warriors
Nononsense

Put me down for the Spurs.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

If no one picks the Knicks, which team will be the 30th? The Harlem Globetrotters?

Anyway, count me in as the Sacramento Kings. Staying west, like everyone else!
#knickstape
NYKCroatia
Likes given: 1

I'll take the Nuggets.
Sundov=NextMJ

I'll take the Atlanta Hawks
Nononsense

Hey Fury, I think 30 is too many. If we use 30 teams, I don't know how competitive this will be for the guys who end up drafting towards the end. Are there really 30 true franchise players currently in the NBA that you can legitimately build a team around? We only used 24 teams in the All-Time NBA Draft, and it was infintely deeper than this draft of current players. I just think that in the first round of this draft, the talent pool of bonafide, franchise-caliber studs will unfairly run dry if we use 30 teams. Plus, I pity the guy who has to take on the name "New Jersey Nuts". :(
Naan

Nononsense, I'm not sure even 30 will sign-up. The draft is serpentine as well, so if you had pick 30, you will also have pick 31. Pick 1 would have pick 60 and 61.
gjw78
Likes given: 3

When are you planning on starting?
Nononsense

Naan, I was thinking the same thing about 30 people not signing up. As for the serpentine rules, I'm familiar with them. In fact, I had the last pick of the All Time NBA Draft, and I did quite well. However, this draft isn't nearly as deep as an All Time draft where you're picking the players in their prime. I'm just saying that even with serpentine rules, if there are no legitimate franchise players left by pick 30, you don't really have a firm leg to stand on even if you have back-to-back picks.
nyknicksfan27

Put me in as the Canadian Raptors, Fury, :D. Also will these players be taken in their prime?
"Where is that Kardashian guy?"
N8theGR8

I'd love to jump in... but before I choose a team, how does this work? Do you inherit the current roster of the team you choose?

I would love to pick the Knicks but my guess is that they are taken, so I will take the Orlando Magic.
ONCE A KNICK, ALWAYS A KNICK.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

nyknicksfan27 wrote:Put me in as the Canadian Raptors, Fury, :D. Also will these players be taken in their prime?
Nah, let's take it easy and take the players how they're today. Otherwise the ranking will once again be too complicated.
#knickstape
knicksfan4life

I'll rep the Heat.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.