MELO and Houston already having problems(getting cut)

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

http://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2523 ... -role-team

The Houston Rockets and Carmelo Anthony are discussing his role with the team and how the franchise and the 10-time All-Star forward still might be able to proceed together for the rest of the season, league sources told ESPN.

Talks are ongoing, the sources said.

Well being the scapegoat but

Eric Gordon shooting 32 percent

Ariza and mboute are gone lost defense
Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS on November 15th, 2018, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine
The Rockets have denied they are waiving Carmelo Anthony, but two sources close to the situation say Anthony has been informed that his brief time with the team will soon be ending. Anthony has been listed as "out" for Houston's game tonight against Indiana due to illness

Lol they are giving him a fake injury
Fxck Adam Silver
rebound
Likes given: 1141

he was done his last season with the knicks.

knicks are lucky to have received kanter's matching years instead of ryan anderson.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave
Likes given: 844

heres the problem..Melo is what he is..hes not changing,and Houston is the worst of all fits for him,other than GS.....
Carmelo Anthony is averaging 1.41 points per possession when posting up so far this season. That ranks the BEST among all players in the NBA. But Mike D'Antoni is reluctant to use him on this play type. A new home could be helpful.
Probably should go to the Lakers.If Bron can make Javelle Magee look good ,there is hope for Melo
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

So in other words, nothing has changed between Melo and "D'Antoni's offense" then?

I mean, I saw that coming.........but you'd think the magic touch of CP3 at PG would help out Melo. Guess not even CP3 can cure Melo's "achilles heel" of being a limited spot-up shooter in the D'Antoni Offense.
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

He should go back to Atlanta and spend a season learning all he can from Vince Carter. Talk about a masrers class in transitioning.
Randle in the Rafters
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

gradyandrew wrote:He should go back to Atlanta and spend a season learning all he can from Vince Carter. Talk about a masrers class in transitioning.
Vince was already a crafty ball-handler in his prime, which made his transition to a "seasoned role player" at age 40 extremely easy.

Carmelo is one of the worst ball-handlers at the wing spot AND an average ball-handler at best from the 4 spot............of course the transition for Melo from volume star scorer to veteran role player is going to be rough when your ball-handling ability wasn't great to begin with.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Out west, Portland and LA (both) seem like decent destinations for him. But if I'm the Clippers and Trailblazers and playing this well, why do I want to go out and add this guy? And ruin the chemistry? Maybe his buddy Lebron will throw him a bone. That seems like the best of the 3.

And then in the East, maybe Washington looks at him since Porter Jr and Oubre are off to slow starts and could use the firepower. But honestly, this dude is damaged goods right now. His ego won't allow him to be who he is right now. A declining vet, with no leadership skills, that really doesn't help your team out minus some rebounds and 12 points.

Or retire.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
shakespeare

I was thinking Melo should consider the Bucks.

Milwaukee could use his [limited] scoring abilities in the playoffs.

But they’ve gotta understand how to use him on the blocks and he’s gotta accept that role.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

StevoStarks wrote:

Or retire.
Melo [somehow] still believes he’s one of the top players in the league.
#TeamTank