Around the NBA 2018-19

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 817

Which is why I sm shocked you like Dennis
H20Knick wrote:the warriors are so entertaining without KD
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Tyreke Evans just got dismissed from the league and banned for two years. :(
#knickstape
taowave

Bucks looking like a threat to GS..
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

spree#8 wrote:Tyreke Evans just got dismissed from the league and banned for two years. :(
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

taowave wrote:Bucks looking like a threat to GS..
Man its too soon to say the finals is set but lets talk about it anyway

Warriors are gonna have issues with Giannis. Toronto is doing a good job of packing the paint.....but GS doesnt have the size or length that Toronto does. Id expect him to get a TON of dunks. Bledsoe and Brogdon on Curry sounds good for Milwaukee. Gonna have to make Steph work on both ends. Same with Middleton and whoever is guarding him...

Bucks got serious firepower. Warriors are great but this year it seems like they arent that confident in themselves for whatever reason. We'll see what happens.
taowave

Im jumping the gun,but that would be an awesome series..Both teams are really well coached..ild give the Warriors the slight edge..
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

I have no reason to think the Warriors can’t handle anyone they play, with or without Durant. Worried not even Milwaukee can take this juggernaut down.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

i think a team that just waxed the floor with lebron two years in a row will be fine against giannis
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

taowave wrote:Which is why I sm shocked you like Dennis
youre shocked? really? the warriors without Durant revolve everything they do around a pg who rarely even pretends to try to be a floor general. Curry sets up his teammates just by being a scoring threat. They play like sharing the ball is not the responsibility of one player but the responsibility of every player and no one looks remotely surprised when curry dribbles around for 15 seconds before taking a contested 3 nor do they pout when he dribbles for 20 seconds and rolls the ball off his foot for a turnover. Yes, those are the perks of being one of the greatest scorers of all time, but some of those concepts absolutely apply to dennis, who likes to keep persistent pressure on defenses as a scorer and tries to force crazy passes to his teammates when he sees an opportunity. Shouldnt at all be surprising that I like Dennis and like the Warriors without Durant.
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!...

Steph is as much a floor general as Dennis Smith is,same usage, but one guy is quite possibly the best shooter/scores EVER, while the other dude has a .484 TS,shoots 66% from the charity stripe and is a career 31% # pt shooter..Thats absolute GARBAGE,and we both know it....I forbid you to make a Steph comparison!!!

Steph and Dennis arent allowed to be in the same sentence :drunk:

H20Knick wrote:
youre shocked? really? the warriors without Durant revolve everything they do around a pg who rarely even pretends to try to be a floor general. Curry sets up his teammates just by being a scoring threat. They play like sharing the ball is not the responsibility of one player but the responsibility of every player and no one looks remotely surprised when curry dribbles around for 15 seconds before taking a contested 3 nor do they pout when he dribbles for 20 seconds and rolls the ball off his foot for a turnover. Yes, those are the perks of being one of the greatest scorers of all time, but some of those concepts absolutely apply to dennis, who likes to keep persistent pressure on defenses as a scorer and tries to force crazy passes to his teammates when he sees an opportunity. Shouldnt at all be surprising that I like Dennis and like the Warriors without Durant.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Kawaii gaurding Gianni's, kawaii is a bad dude. :clap:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave

Toronto trying to give this one away
H20Knick

taowave wrote:YIKES!!!!!!!!!!...

Steph is as much a floor general as Dennis Smith is,same usage, but one guy is quite possibly the best shooter/scores EVER, while the other dude has a .484 TS,shoots 66% from the charity stripe and is a career 31% # pt shooter..Thats absolute GARBAGE,and we both know it....I forbid you to make a Steph comparison!!!

Steph and Dennis arent allowed to be in the same sentence :drunk:
you missed the entire point of my post.
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Oh,I got your point..In fact,I like Smith less now than i did before.....

Hes not a floor general,forces things and is abysmal from the floor....

Doesnt make his team mates better,despite applying "persistent pressure"..

I was good with RJ,but now I am back back on Ja... :happy:
but some of those concepts absolutely apply to dennis, who likes to keep persistent pressure on defenses as a scorer and tries to force crazy passes to his teammates when he sees an opportunity. Shouldnt at all be surprising that I like Dennis and like the Warriors without Durant.

H20Knick wrote:
you missed the entire point of my post.
H20Knick

taowave wrote:Oh,I got your point..In fact,I like Smith less now than i did before.....

Hes not a floor general,forces things and is abysmal from the floor....

Doesnt make his team mates better,despite applying "persistent pressure"..

I was good with RJ,but now I am back back on Ja... :happy:
lol dennis forces passes. that's not a bad thing. He doesnt really force shots. He actually has decent shot selection. He does create for his teammates. Knox was absolutely a benefactor of DSJ's penetrate and kick personna and the youth movement definitely got perks out of DSJ's penchant for keeping the pace high.

To me, it's a whole lot better than someone who just wants to bring the ball up, pass it off, and stand in the corner.

and just fyi. ja morant's freshman shooting stats were as rough as dennis's but against substantially weaker competition. They actually have extremely similar offensive games.
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Its on H20.....I am really hoping Ja falls to 3......
H20Knick

taowave wrote:Its on H20.....I am really hoping Ja falls to 3......
well. he won't. I said in another thread that i was ECSTATIC to get 3 instead of 2 just so I didn't have to have this argument.

so, sure tao, you go ahead and dream about ja morant all you want. I'll let you have your dreams. I won't even talk you out of it.

(although it really makes no difference anyway, because we're getting an FA pg)
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

If for no other reason,Ja will be Dearron Fox Plus just to break our hearts
H20Knick

taowave wrote:If for no other reason,Ja will be Dearron Fox Plus just to break our hearts
i meannnnn... im getting kyrie so im fine lol
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Found this interesting as I spent most of the Houston GS series scratching my head watching Mike D's offense..or should I say the Harden iso show..
Members of the Houston Rockets, most notably Chris Paul, had spirited discussions with Mike D'Antoni throughout the season about incorporating more movement within the offense.

D'Antoni adapted his offense to be more isolation based to allow James Harden to succeed.

The Rockets have had success playing this way in the regular season, but defenses can key in on these types of tendencies in the playoffs with more ease.

In the regular season, Harden scored 1.11 points per possession in isolation. In the postseason, Harden scored 1.04 points per possession in isolation.

Harden and Paul had tense moments with one another throughout the Rockets' Game 6 loss to the Warriors, culminating in a verbal back-and-forth postgame that went into the locker room, according to sources. The exchange was about ball distribution in Game 6.