How Good is Philly's Okafor

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Yeah, to throw some water on the fire before we burn out the page, that's something that I've definitely been guilty of, I think I pulled that on knicksH2O (I believe the response was 'I've watched every game for the past 20 years'). And even recently in the Frank thread.
It's a fucked up insult because you're not even calling someone stupid, it's saying someone is a poseur. LBH, anyone posting up in here is a hardcore fan, and watches plenty of basketball.
And after rereading the previous page, n8 lighten up a bit. Spree, gave a host of reasons for why Willy is a better guy to have than okafor, 'watching games' wasn't even really one of them.
Randle in the Rafters
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Okafor is just in the wrong situation. He'd fit in with a halfcourt team that plays inside out quite well. Need to have defenders/shooters around him. But part of the blame falls on him, not really in the best shape, should have gotten much stronger and lighter for this stage of his career.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

That's actually not true and not to bash you but see how misconception can stick with you? Okofor began a vegan diet this summer and lost 25lbs. So he has in fact worked on his game.

Most people don't know much about him but just use the logic that if you can't win a positron on the lowly Sixers then you must suck. Here it is folks. If you play the majority of your usage in the post, you need not apply.

And I cautioned anybody trying to change KPs game to play more in the post the same thing. That at the very moment he did what you asked you'd then start complaining about the type of passer he is, how long he holds it, why he's taking low percentage contested baskets. Nobody wants bigs who are post aficionados anymore. Even the long midrange guys like Llamarcuz Aldridge are being phased out. And I personally think it's a fucking shame and something the nba needs to correct. As in new rule changes. But for now KPs the perfect big. And if anything should be perfecting his guard skills
dcapodic
Likes given: 0

nazrmohamed wrote:That's actually not true and not to bash you but see how misconception can stick with you? Okofor began a vegan diet this summer and lost 25lbs. So he has in fact worked on his game.

Most people don't know much about him but just use the logic that if you can't win a positron on the lowly Sixers then you must suck. Here it is folks. If you play the majority of your usage in the post, you need not apply.

And I cautioned anybody trying to change KPs game to play more in the post the same thing. That at the very moment he did what you asked you'd then start complaining about the type of passer he is, how long he holds it, why he's taking low percentage contested baskets. Nobody wants bigs who are post aficionados anymore. Even the long midrange guys like Llamarcuz Aldridge are being phased out. And I personally think it's a fucking shame and something the nba needs to correct. As in new rule changes. But for now KPs the perfect big. And if anything should be perfecting his guard skills
Nailed is nazr, just nailed it on the head!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019