NBA All-Star 2018 starts a new format.........no more East vs. West

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

Yep it's official.......the NBA All-Star will now be an organized free-for-all from both conferences REGARDLESS of which conference they play for all.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Hopefully, the All-Star game restructuring leads to a similar restructure of the playoffs format. I'd love to see the top 16 teams in the playoffs, regardless of conferences.
#TeamTank
spree#8
Likes given: 540

shakespeare wrote:Hopefully, the All-Star game restructuring leads to a similar restructure of the playoffs format. I'd love to see the top 16 teams in the playoffs, regardless of conferences.
It's still 12 all-stars per conference, they are just mixing teams.
#knickstape
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

shakespeare wrote:Hopefully, the All-Star game restructuring leads to a similar restructure of the playoffs format. I'd love to see the top 16 teams in the playoffs, regardless of conferences.
With the amount of money in the NBA relative to travel costs I don't think we need conferences nor divisions whatsoever. Play 29 other teams 3 times each (87 games), top 16 teams get playoff spots.
:?

I would miss inter-division rivalries but it's not like the Knicks ever get the best of anyone else anyway.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde