Can we have a serious discussion about Kevin Love?

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

If you were Timberwolves, what offer would you accept?

Warriors
27%
Cavs
64%
Bulls
9%

Total votes: 11
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Mr3037 wrote:I dunno about Kyrie being a fraud or not but what's for damn sure is that Love does NOT fit with this Cavs team....
They have him posted at the 3pt line ffs?

With guys like LBJ, Irving & JR Smith when is Love supposed to touch the ball?
These guys all want the ball in their hands and when they are not shooting they wanna drive the lane where Love wants to post.

I just don't see it working & Love should look elsewhere
Pretty sure this is a given unless they go deep into the playoffs.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

love already said he's opting in...

he's not going to sign a new contract the year before the salary cap jumps and the max jumps with it.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

shakespeare wrote:Kevin Love might be overrated.

Has the jury returned with a verdict, yet?

Koopa Troopa wrote:Kevin Love is a fraud. Kyrie Irving too.

These two are supposed "all star talents" yet cant win a game without LeBron James.
And just think: Chicago tried to give away Jimmy Butler (and Taj Gibson) for Kevin "no-Hart" Love. Smh.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

shakespeare wrote:Minnesota sucks. I just thought about it. They declined the offer of Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler in exchange for Kevin Love. Are you kidding me? Both players play on both ends of the court
I like the re-read old threads as we reach another NBA offseason. I came across this thread and said to myself it’s crazy how both Butler and Gibson ended up in Minnesota. :blink:
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

Still not much of a fan of Kevin Love. Dude is still the Minnesota loser to me. Actually he probably misses the baby fat he had in Minny. Might have helped him post up Marcus Smart.

Irving I dunno what I was on. I remember that one game before Bron came to the Cavs where Irving torched the Knicks midrange all day, that was when I became a believer. I gotta stop being so bold on predictions, Im getting blown up on all these blasts from the past :laugh:
StevoStarks

Koopa Troopa wrote:Still not much of a fan of Kevin Love. Dude is still the Minnesota loser to me. Actually he probably misses the baby fat he had in Minny. Might have helped him post up Marcus Smart.

Irving I dunno what I was on. I remember that one game before Bron came to the Cavs where Irving torched the Knicks midrange all day, that was when I became a believer. I gotta stop being so bold on predictions, Im getting blown up on all these blasts from the past :laugh:
I'd like to take a look at him on another team without Lebron before I make my decision on where his talent level is. Very hard to judge when the only evidence is him on a bottom feeding team or being one of Lebron's sidekicks.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Koopa Troopa

StevoStarks wrote: I'd like to take a look at him on another team without Lebron before I make my decision on where his talent level is. Very hard to judge when the only evidence is him on a bottom feeding team or being one of Lebron's sidekicks.
The other thing is hes been quietly averaging more than 20/10 in the finals. But its quiet ya know. Hes in a weird position. Hes putting up numbers, but he doesnt feel like a true number 2 at all. No idea what to make of him.
StevoStarks

It truly is the quietest 20/10 ever recorded.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Koopa Troopa wrote: The other thing is hes been quietly averaging more than 20/10 in the finals. But its quiet ya know. Hes in a weird position. Hes putting up numbers, but he doesnt feel like a true number 2 at all. No idea what to make of him.
Love also quietly is the Cavs' best paint defender and improved defensively compared to his previous reputation as a defender.

That kinda says a lot about the current Cavs roster
gradyandrew

He might not be a terrible player but he's always been a terrible fit on the Cavs.
Randle in the Rafters