Westbrook traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul!

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Westbrook traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul!

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 11, 2019, 8:42 pm

Wow guess the cp3 and harden beef was real

And Westbrook isnt a good 3 point shooter and will take the ball away from Harden

Crazyness
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Re: Westbrook traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul!

Postby StevoStarks » July 11, 2019, 9:10 pm

FUCKING NUTS. WOW.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby gradyandrew » July 11, 2019, 10:10 pm

Much better move then adding butler. Russ and Harden wanted to reunite. Mike D will get russ driving surrounded by 4 3 pt shooters.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby big_j_NY » July 12, 2019, 12:14 am

Westbrook is the type of PG that D'Antoni actually hates, COMPARED to CP3 which is the type of PG that D'Antoni mostly prefers.

If the man hated Stephon Marbury running the point in both Phoenix and in NY, Westbrook about to make D'Antoni contemplate life LOL
big_j_NY wrote:.....................full sail ahead to the Era of RJ
big_j_NY

Postby StevoStarks » July 12, 2019, 1:41 am

Westy is going to have to start working on his spot up 3. He’s going to be more 2 guard than he was in OKC.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 15, 2019, 8:18 am

No sense to this, none
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby washingtonparkjones » July 16, 2019, 6:09 pm

It really does seem like a horrible fit with Harden and Antoni.
washingtonparkjones

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 17, 2019, 9:43 am

I’m actually very curious to see how this team is going to play
NewlyKnicked

Postby dcapodic » July 17, 2019, 12:02 pm

I am VERY anxious to see how this works out. Yea, on the surface it looks like Harden/Westbrook is a bit redundant but they are both such talented players how could the Rockets not do this and give it a try.

I know MD gets knocked around here but he is probably the first coach I would want in trying to find a way to make this work. He has two of his ultimate type of guys to run his offense, granted Westbrook is not the type of shooter he prefers but he more than makes up for that in his ability to finish around the rim.

I could guess about the things I think they might do to blend these talents together but I will just sit back and wait to see. Whatever happens, it is gonna be exciting :)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
dcapodic

Postby thewatcher » July 18, 2019, 3:43 pm

Facinating experiment dcap. One way to get the ball out of a ball dominant gaurds hands is to add another one LOLOL. I'm hoping they find some success.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby dcapodic » July 20, 2019, 9:16 am

thewatcher wrote:Facinating experiment dcap. One way to get the ball out of a ball dominant gaurds hands is to add another one LOLOL. I'm hoping they find some success.

I "think" the part that makes it interesting is that Harden has been ball dominant by design. Even at times when Paul was healthy, they often took the ball out of Harden's hands and let Paul run the offense. The main issue last year is that Paul's physical ability has dropped and he had issues finishing consistently. This led to a kinda dwindle down effect where Harden would have to "force" things more and more. When Harden would go to the hoop, the defense would be ale to sag on him. With Westbrook, I actually can see them increasing the amount of times they will take the ball out of Harden's hands and use him more as a spotup shooter. If Westbrook is driving and you have guys like Gordon, Tucker, Green and now Harden spotting up they will not be able to sag the defense and that is gonna present probs.

So, even though it is Harden's "team" I think he will actually take a bit of a step back once things settle in and it could be just what they need. It should also help with issues where he has worn down over stretches.

Just some guesses on how it might go :)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
dcapodic

Postby NewlyKnicked » July 22, 2019, 2:32 am

dcapodic wrote:
I "think" the part that makes it interesting is that Harden has been ball dominant by design. Even at times when Paul was healthy, they often took the ball out of Harden's hands and let Paul run the offense. The main issue last year is that Paul's physical ability has dropped and he had issues finishing consistently. This led to a kinda dwindle down effect where Harden would have to "force" things more and more. When Harden would go to the hoop, the defense would be ale to sag on him. With Westbrook, I actually can see them increasing the amount of times they will take the ball out of Harden's hands and use him more as a spotup shooter. If Westbrook is driving and you have guys like Gordon, Tucker, Green and now Harden spotting up they will not be able to sag the defense and that is gonna present probs.

So, even though it is Harden's "team" I think he will actually take a bit of a step back once things settle in and it could be just what they need. It should also help with issues where he has worn down over stretches.

Just some guesses on how it might go :)

No pun intended?
NewlyKnicked

Return to NBA