Official ‘18 Playoffs Thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Official ‘18 Playoffs Thread

Postby Don Che » May 13, 2018, 7:17 pm

4 players in your rotation is a good step in today's NBA.

this is why while I understand Frank coming off the bench..i would of really felt a lot better just giving these young guys the keys.

and I hope we do that this year. win or lose...lottery or not...i want Frank/Lottery Pick to get major minutes and to a less extent Dotson who I liked from what I saw

Mudiay and Trey are wild cards I guess since it depends on who we draft.

Tim is young and will play regardless.

I totally want to build this type of squad around KP(Celtics minus Hayward/Irving)....front court guy that covers ground and defends 5/4/3...2 wing players that are interchangeable on defense. 2 go get it guards that rebound and defend 2/3's as well and just being a physical type of team. the rest you can work it out with good vets and shot makers. Noah/Lee/Dotson/Lance/Burke fit this mold.

get the "Donovan Mitchell" of this class...get an athletic/high work ethic/IQ guy this year. And see what Fiz can do with that, if we are hovering in the playoffs like we did this year(which we shouldnt)...trade some of the larger contracts if possible to get worse and secure a top 5 pick. If we are clearly a playoff team through and through....well lets be real thats not happening lol unless the Basketball Gods finally show some dam mercy.
Don Che

Postby taowave » May 13, 2018, 7:58 pm

Totally agree Don,and I can't imagine Frank not getting major minutes..

I'm hoping Fiz can light a major fire under Mudiay s ass,but I don't know how much hope I hold out with him...

Don't get me wrong,if we can win 39 games playing the young guys,that's a major score..But please don't play Kanter,Lee, Beasley at the expense of the youth..
taowave

Postby shakespeare » May 14, 2018, 8:49 am

Another 3 bad games by LeBron and...

Wait, what am I saying?

Maybe next year, Boston.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » May 14, 2018, 8:52 am

taowave wrote:
Cavs in 6

I hope so.

Celtics vs Warriors in the Finals would suck.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby taowave » May 14, 2018, 10:38 am

Does Rodney Hood play NO D?? Hard to believe he cant offer more than Swish

shakespeare wrote:
I hope so.

taowave

Postby spree#8 » May 14, 2018, 2:03 pm

shakespeare wrote:
I hope so.

Why? Celtics are the most interesting team to watch right now IMO. Western Conference Finals are likely the real NBA Finals this year anyway, so I would love to see the young Celtics in the Finals.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 14, 2018, 4:09 pm

LeBron in the finals can give the illusion of competition, at least before game 1 starts. I agree though that I'd rather see Boston.

Cavs defense is just not gonna work vs Boston. Korver and Love are liabilities but they need those guys on the floor. Boston has too many weapons to go completely cold. Brons really gonna have to go off. K Love really needs to take better advantage of those guaranteed switches on pick and rolls, they werent respecting his offense at all and he still laid an egg.
Koopa Troopa

Postby rebound » May 14, 2018, 10:59 pm

spree#8 wrote:
Why? Celtics are the most interesting team to watch right now IMO. Western Conference Finals are likely the real NBA Finals this year anyway, so I would love to see the young Celtics in the Finals.

Agreed
Team Mills
rebound

Postby StevoStarks » May 15, 2018, 12:05 am

Well, Houston can’t feel good about that. The fucking Warriors, why KD?? WHY???????
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 15, 2018, 3:04 am

Warriors are unfair. But they are defending Harden in an interesting way. In the second half they really cut off his passing lanes instead of committing on help so it was either you score or nobody scores. Houstons rhythm was gone.

Ariza fouls 3 and 4 within a minute really were the defining moment of game 1. Rockets had it going before that. The Warriors focused Gerald Green as soon as Ariza was benched. Torching him on D, and Green missed some basic fundamental box outs leading to a couple of offensive boards. Every rebound matters in these kinds of games.

Dantoni tried to switch it up with Nene later on but..... :?

The Warriors really are looking like a well oiled machine with no weakness. The Rockets gotta figure out some kind of weakness because everything is difficult for them and its leading to massive fatigue to their star guys.
Koopa Troopa

Postby dcapodic » May 15, 2018, 7:59 am

Klay Thompson really had the daggers out in this game. Seemed every time the Rockets started a run, he would come up big. Harden needs help. Paul was good but not great and Gordon has not had a big series yet in the playoffs. You expect the big guys to get theirs but if Thompson is gonna go off then Gordon needs to match him or really anyone else from the Rockets.

Koop, you are so right about the Rocket players wearing down. Harden looked gassed at the end of that game. They know he is gonna get his but they just make him work so hard to get it. Was interesting to watch some of the matchups...KD and Harden were matched u a lot in the second half Was almost like GS was saying they were not gonna let him start going off from 3. He could get around KD without issue but he then had to finish, they blocked off the passing lanes and kinda dared him to finish everything again making him work.

For two teams that play fast and score, there was actually a lot of defense being played and it was a very technical game.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
dcapodic

Postby shakespeare » May 15, 2018, 9:54 am

Koopa Troopa wrote:Warriors are unfair.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Don Che » May 15, 2018, 10:38 am

taowave wrote:Totally agree Don,and I can't imagine Frank not getting major minutes..

I'm hoping Fiz can light a major fire under Mudiay s ass,but I don't know how much hope I hold out with him...

Don't get me wrong,if we can win 39 games playing the young guys,that's a major score..But please don't play Kanter,Lee, Beasley at the expense of the youth..

kanter really needs to opt out

lee...i agree better come off the bench

Beasley...may play big minutes if we dont draft a front court player.

the weird situation will be the Hardaway/Dotson saga if you draft a wing at 9 and in the second round...theres a ton of wings there also. Going to be hard to find minutes for all of them at first esp adding Mudiay into the mix.

but deep down i want Melvin Frazier or Jarred Vanderbilt who are also wings and both have a 1st round talent...JV has lottery talent imo
Don Che

Postby Don Che » May 15, 2018, 10:58 am

also I'd like to fully give credit to Bostons development staff.

Jaylen Brown couldnt shoot the 3, FT nor mid range in Cal. His handle was eh. But he was a plus athlete with a solid work ethic....from there Boston just worked with him and look at where he is 2 or 3 years later.

similar to what the Spurs did with Kawhi..its just a sign that an organization cultivates an investment and puts them in situations to succeed.

gave him a year to learn...and got rid of his competition even tho those guys led them to the ECF..they still said f* it this team isnt winning it all..lets give it to Brown(Hayward was meant to start over Tatum but thats another story)

Jaylen per 40 minutes in college

21/8/3/1 steal/1 block 48% for 2 29% from 3 65% from the FT line. Offensive rating 97 defensive rating 98

lets look at a prospect in this years draft and see how they compare..went with Miles Bridges who will w/o a doubt be there at 9. And I used his freshman year stats. His efficiency went up his 2nd year for the most part.

21/10/3/1/2 55% from 2 39% from 3 68% from the FT line. Offensive rating 108 defensive rating 96

I'm not saying Miles is better than Brown...I'm just saying Boston did a great job with his talent. Because if someone told us Miles would be an all star caliber player by year 3..he'd be drafted top 5. Gotta respect what Boston did. Hope we can do the same.
Don Che

Postby shakespeare » May 15, 2018, 3:43 pm

I just read someone say Brown and Tatum are the young future that Celtics were supposed to had received from Len Bias and Reggie Lewis.

Thoughts?
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby big_j_NY » May 15, 2018, 11:34 pm

OH MY GOD................THE END IS NEAR FOR LEBRON, he can't HARD CARRY this scrub Cavs team anymore
#EmbraceTheTank2019

#InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby taowave » May 16, 2018, 6:32 am

The supporting squad around Bron makes the Knicks look like comtenders...

Not sure what Lue is doing with Jr....

Guy brings ZERO to the table...
taowave

Postby shakespeare » May 16, 2018, 8:45 am

big_j_NY wrote:OH MY GOD................THE END IS NEAR FOR LEBRON

If Cavs lose Games 2 and/or 3 in Cleveland then LeBron is definitely in trouble.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby taowave » May 16, 2018, 9:20 am

I dont undertand why Clarkson and Hood get no PT...
taowave

Postby Don Che » May 16, 2018, 10:53 am

Lebron should just get rid of Lou and stay in cleveland
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to NBA