2019 Draft Discussion

Discuss NCAA hoops and player scouting for the NBA Draft from the college and international ranks.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: 2019 Draft Discussion

Postby Don Che » March 14, 2019, 6:17 pm

I'm throwing coby white into my "why isnt this PG getting love" list

coby and Carsen Edward's both are straight beasts that fit today's NBA

especially coby who's a legit 6'5...big program...lead guard that can shoot it..I would trade Dennis for a mid 1st to get him

also think Cam Johnson would be a great find for us...we need shooting/high IQ players plus hes 6'9 on the wing...hes old but who cares shooting translates
Don Che

Postby Don Che » March 14, 2019, 6:19 pm

depending on if we go Zion or RJ I would look to get thr above players.

this is one of the weakest lottery drafts I've ever seen but late 1st and 2nd I like some of the talent there
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » March 14, 2019, 9:50 pm

Damn, Zion is back. This is a hard game for me as I'm also a Syracuse fan.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » March 14, 2019, 9:53 pm

Who said Barret don't pass. The I'll alleyoop to Zion and then the jam in the next play. What do I have to give up to get Zion AND RJ. I think I'd trade any one player on our roster outside of Mitch plus both Denver picks.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » March 14, 2019, 10:42 pm

give me Coby and Zion with our young core and call it a day
Don Che

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2019, 7:50 am

https://youtu.be/swG_ay3fwrw

rj mentally though....top notch
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 15, 2019, 9:11 am

Coby has been climbing up in recent mocks. He was #4 or 5 if I recall correctly on B/R
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2019, 9:37 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:Coby has been climbing up in recent mocks. He was #4 or 5 if I recall correctly on B/R

he should be...every that loves Ja Morant doesnt understand that Coby White would look like Big O in that conference just as much as Ja has

dribble/shoot/pass at 6'5 is a solid profile to work with.....hes the only PG i'd flat out take over Dennis. Coby and Dotson would be a really good back court to build with since they can spread the floor would be great compliment to a low post threat alongside Mitch

I can't say the same about Ja until I see him go at major teams
Last edited by Don Che on March 15, 2019, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Che

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2019, 9:38 am

another guy I like is Johntay Porter...6'11 high IQ big

he was hurt all year so depends on his recovery but from his age/size/skill set he fits what we need
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » March 16, 2019, 10:11 am

Johntay might've come out last year and he'll still get drafted, probably in the first round but going back to school didn't really help his draft status. Maybe it genuinely made him a better player though, haven't really scouted him much but there hasn't been really any buzz around him. Might even say he had more buzz last year.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » March 16, 2019, 10:58 am

Nazr...he got hurt before the season started..hes been out the whole year. Thats why we havent heard of him.
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » March 16, 2019, 8:35 pm

Lol. I guess there I go. Well then where exactly would you feel comfortable drafting him? Last yr he looked like a stretch 5. The league seems to evolve so rapidly, you cant really know for bigs whose gonna become a stud or not but a coach can use his skills. Tall and can shoot.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » March 17, 2019, 11:29 am

late first I think is good value for him

he can play the 4 ...he reminds me of D Sabonis who's a 4 now...he just knows how to play the game and we lack playmaking at the frontline spots...curious to see how his workouts go
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » March 17, 2019, 12:51 pm

Don Che wrote:late first I think is good value for him

he can play the 4 ...he reminds me of D Sabonis who's a 4 now...he just knows how to play the game and we lack playmaking at the frontline spots...curious to see how his workouts go

He looked pretty good last year. Actually looked more complete within his own game than his brother although his brother had more high end potential. I'd agree with a late first
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » March 17, 2019, 9:15 pm

KZ Okpala is another guy I'd draft in this class

better tools than Knox and better skills
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » March 18, 2019, 2:44 pm

Yeah, Coby looks much better as the season progresses. Fundamentally sound player, plays with effort every game. Only knock is that he can be streaky from 3, can make it rain or go completely dry.

I do like Cam Johnson's game. He's going to contribute right off the jump; would love to be an additional 1st rounder to get him. He fills a need.
cragganmor

Postby nazrmohamed » March 18, 2019, 6:25 pm

I still think Kevin Porter Jr is gonna be a steal in this draft if you could get him in the teens. Sometimes alittle bad behavior that gets overcome and forgiven can be a blessing for a team that gets a player later on who had lottery potential. I'd trade those Dallas picks if I could get him without adding players. Yall soured on Frank and I gotta be a realist so maybe Frank and a future first(Dallas) might get it done.

https://youtu.be/ZPibuZ0oJog

For me it's not just that he can score, it's the way he can score. Those are NBA moves right there and I'll say something controversial. If it were him on Duke as thier 3rd option he might be right around pick 5. Hell. Before he got in trouble he was trending about pick 5. Step backs, handle, big NBA body, great athleticism.
nazrmohamed

Postby cragganmor » March 18, 2019, 10:26 pm

this kid could be a sleeper, jaylen nowell, a soph combo g from washington, the pac-12 poy:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... ell-1.html

does a bit of everything, clearly the most talented, fundamentally sound player on his squad:
https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/12/10 ... ough-12-9/

has a bit of harden in his shiftiness, strength, vision and deadeye shooting although a bit smaller at 6'4" and 6'7" wingspan. a player to watch.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » March 20, 2019, 11:40 am

yeh he seems like a lead guard to me but if I'm him I'd stay another year
Don Che

Postby Don Che » March 20, 2019, 12:38 pm

Nazr...if you draft a wing with your top pick(more value as you mentioned) and trade into the late lottery and Bol is there at say pick 13....do you go that rout?

Bol is a weird guy in this draft
Don Che

PreviousNext

Return to College Basketball and NBA Draft