Im pretty much done with Frank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

I'm on team #who gives a **** all the pgs on this roster are trash.

Frank may have a future as a 3 and d guy I guess so I'd rather keep him than mudiay who is allergic to passing.
NYGM
Likes given: 471

I'm optimistic about Frank.. He's showed flashes, I want to see him play the second part of the season and give him a look next season after the summer..

Not buying in into letting him go only after 1.5 seasons.. Too young, too raw, too early..

Just be patient, he's our and on the cheap for 2.5 more seasons..
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Per Bondy

Pretty clear someonewithin has no faith in Frank
I start with Ntilikina because he’s the most interesting case at the deadline and deserves the most attention. Bear with me. Unfortunately, the Knicks have handled their Frenchman so poorly there’s no clear idea yet on Ntilikina’s potential.Here’s a quick recap:

Ntilikina was picked eighth overall as a point guard to a supposed rebuilding team and, to date, has started a grand total of nine games at that position. NINE GAMES.

Last season, when Ntilikina was a rookie, the Knicks started two veterans ahead of him – Ramon Sessions and Jarrett Jack. Then, just as the team decided to prioritize development and bench the veterans, the front office traded for another young point guard, Emmanuel Mudiay. They claimed it wasn’t an indictment on Ntilikina. It clearly was.

Mudiay, who was cast aside by the Nuggets, immediately jumped Ntilikina in the depth chart. He has started 44 games at point guard for the Knicks, and their record is 9-35 in those games.

Despite being, arguably, the best perimeter defender on a team that has the second-worst defensive rating in the NBA, Ntilikina has logged four healthy DNPs this season. He had a stretch of playing over 30 minutes for three consecutive games at the beginning of the season. The Knicks went 2-1 in those games. He hasn’t played more than 30 minutes in a game since then.

Despite the Knicks’ clear lack of confidence in Ntilikina, teams have inquired about the 20-year-old, with the Magic and Suns expressing interest, according to a source. And this is where it gets interesting. There seems to be a debate within the Knicks on whether to deal Ntilikina. He was drafted by Mills and has supporters in the front office. But, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, Perry, who took the job after Ntilikina was drafted, recently approached the Atlanta Hawks to gauge whether the team was interested in dealing for the guard (Hawks have Trae Young and weren’t interested).

At this point, the Knicks should just recoup what they can for Ntilikina. Or give him a chance to play. Ntilikina was growing and getting better, but then he stopped and his confidence declined. The current direction and climate make the least sense
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Okay Perry is a self-centered douche-bag , only interested in covering his own ass just like every other GM out there. Nilijita wasn't his pick so he doesn't like him. End of story. Scott Perry you are a major disappointment :arrow:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

watcher you may be jumping the gun a bit...Frank has not done himself any favors this year...he even had the starting spot and didnt take steps forward and lost it....it wasnt "given" .....it was lost
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

If Frank can't get minutes on this team which is practically asking for young guys to play and earn future rotation spots, then what does that tell you about his ability? Either that or our coaching staff is horrible (I'll stay with the first notion)
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
NYGM

Minkaveli wrote:If Frank can't get minutes on this team which is practically asking for young guys to play and earn future rotation spots, then what does that tell you about his ability? Either that or our coaching staff is horrible (I'll stay with the first notion)
Can tell you something about the organization and the type of player we are looking to "develope".

Mudiay was horrible last season and even after that was clearly Fiz favorite to "get it right"..

If you give up in Frank right now you're not only giving up in the kid but in your own developmental ability as a team..

This team with no system and without his only all star player looks like a AAU team out there, no the best way to develope a young player like Frank..
NYGM

Don Che wrote:watcher you may be jumping the gun a bit...Frank has not done himself any favors this year...he even had the starting spot and didnt take steps forward and lost it....it wasnt "given" .....it was lost
Totally agree, but if you are committed to develope the kid and believe in giving him the time you should be able to find him stable backup minutes to facilitate the process..

Or you are more interested in trading your best const controlled defensive guard after just a season and a half..
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I dont see us trading him
taowave

What could we possibly get for him??

Doubt he brings us a top 15 pick

Don Che wrote:I dont see us trading him
BRIGGS

We are 30/30 in the nba in fg%— last. A pro active move would be to GET. RID of some of the players who can’t shoot at least 40%

Frank is so far away from this he should be first on the chopping block. He was just to young and not developed enough for the nba. He needs a couple of years developing in the d league. I don’t want to give him away for nothing but right now a statement of enough of enough is warranted. You stink this bad— you’re not here
reub

BRIGGS wrote:We are 30/30 in the nba in fg%— last. A pro active move would be to GET. RID of some of the players who can’t shoot at least 40%

Frank is so far away from this he should be first on the chopping block. He was just to young and not developed enough for the nba. He needs a couple of years developing in the d league. I don’t want to give him away for nothing but right now a statement of enough of enough is warranted. You stink this bad— you’re not here
Where are we on defense?
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

BRIGGS wrote:We are 30/30 in the nba in fg%— last. A pro active move would be to GET. RID of some of the players who can’t shoot at least 40%

I'd take a closer look at our heavy shooters before cutting the low ammo young guy. Losing Frank won't move the needle much in terms of %FG
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NYGM

We are dead last in ast %, Frank is the only one in the top 100..

So we need to cut everyone else..
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

H20Knick wrote:
The problem I have with Frank's fans is that they equate not taking shots to being a facilitator. Frank passes because he has to. He doesn't create much of anything unless KP is around. His per 36 assist numbers are bad. Yes, he's a better defender than his peers, but we will never be successful with the most important guy in an offense lacking any offensive positives. He's not a plus ballhandler, he's not a plus passer, he's not a plus shooter, he's not a plus penetrator. Sure, he has flashes of everything... so did Langston Galloway and Moochie Norris.

Iman Shumpert was just as impactful as a defender as a sophmore and he played a much less significant position on a more stacked team and no one cried when we let him go. At this point, Shumpert looks like Frank's ceiling.
My main man!

:clap:
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I was upset when we let Shumpert go. In fact ther only thing that tempered my anger is an interview when I heard Shumpert bashing NY. I literally needed that to stop me from being pissed.

What sucked is that by the time Shumpert left the same arguments arose. How his bad offense created this optical illusion where people started attacking his defense. Then I gotta watch him go to Cleveland and hear announcer after announcer say he gets to start on a talented championship team because of his one skill......defense.

IMO we don't even have the team that I can properly assess Frank's value in. Therefore I should do nothing and wait, especially on a team everybody is fine watching lose. Is there a special way you like to lose? I liked mine sunny side up. What do you like, over easy? So at the end of the day if I'm gonna be content with losing then the players I lose patience with are my oldest players who are inefficient and don't play defense or move the ball.

When the knicks are ready to actually run plays and play guys who have real NBA talent I believe Frank will be ready to help this team. Until then chillax. Grade-Incomplete
taowave

Wish I had you as a teacher in school... :drunk:

And how do you explain Mudiay rapid development,while Frank looks lost half the time?? Same team,same players..Are you saying its the coaching or lack of it???? Is Frank a "system" guy,which would make some sense as he was drafted to run the Triangle...

I like Frank,but we are running out of excuses...

nazrmohamed wrote:I was upset when we let Shumpert go. In fact ther only thing that tempered my anger is an interview when I heard Shumpert bashing NY. I literally needed that to stop me from being pissed.

What sucked is that by the time Shumpert left the same arguments arose. How his bad offense created this optical illusion where people started attacking his defense. Then I gotta watch him go to Cleveland and hear announcer after announcer say he gets to start on a talented championship team because of his one skill......defense.

IMO we don't even have the team that I can properly assess Frank's value in. Therefore I should do nothing and wait, especially on a team everybody is fine watching lose. Is there a special way you like to lose? I liked mine sunny side up. What do you like, over easy? So at the end of the day if I'm gonna be content with losing then the players I lose patience with are my oldest players who are inefficient and don't play defense or move the ball.

When the knicks are ready to actually run plays and play guys who have real NBA talent I believe Frank will be ready to help this team. Until then chillax. Grade-Incomplete
Last edited by taowave on January 21st, 2019, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

nazrmohamed wrote:I was upset when we let Shumpert go. In fact ther only thing that tempered my anger is an interview when I heard Shumpert bashing NY. I literally needed that to stop me from being pissed.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Championship 16/17

Frank gets one more year, it's that simple. This team can be completely different next season and that's when we need Frank to come around. For everyone mentioning to fast accession of Mudiay, he doesn't play any defense, he doesn't make anyone better, and we will need to pay him. That's enough to let him walk. You don't trade unselfish players that love playing in a team concept and can play defense. We are focused on trading the wrong player, and it goes back to us having nobody in the Knicks franchise that can build a team. IMO KP, Frank, and Knox are untouchable. Mudiay at best is a 2nd string PG.