1/19/18: New York Knicks @ Utah Jazz (W 117-115)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

jhovarules
Likes given: 0

Nahh...send Frank down to the D/G League and bring him back up when he learns how to play.
How do you play all those minutes and NO line in the box score?

Getting worried about Frank
Ari_Ingus

Starbury3 wrote:You right you right. But will the coaching staff follow this logic? :?
I have bad feeling about this :( Jack will play as long as we have current coaching staff.

P.S. does anyone understand why on must stop defense play Beasley is out there? What I like about Beasley is that he actually tries to play on defense but it doesnt change the fact that he is not that good. We were just lucky they missed 3-4 three pointers within one position. And I blame Jeff for choosing wrong players for that given situation.
KnicksRUs

Frank getting 5 minutes tonight was a joke. Especially coming off a recent career game with Baker again getting important rotation minutes.

Hornacek is a fucking mess.

Oh, and everyone declaring Burke the greatest thing since sliced bread. Relax. It was a quarter of basketball. He's going to eventually get absolutely abused defensively. Doesn't have the offense to make up for it.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Interesting rotation with THJ on a minutes limit. Hornacek had a very different plan for him to get him on the court in the most important minutes and it worked. Very impressed with Hardaway's game, because to be able to play well in all of his stints after repeatedly getting subbed quickly to control his minutes isn't easy. Of course with the Knicks trying to find a way to lose another one on the road he had to miss those two freebies in the final minute, but overall that was a heck of a game by THJ.

Our starters played way better than our bench rotation today, so I guess we have to lose a little more before we see Jack's minutes being reduced. Ntili didn't look into it in his 5 minutes, but at least Burke gave us some nice back-up mins. I also liked how Hornacek seems to change the rotation to keep Beasley in it, although he didn't play as well as he has lately, I think he should get consistently around 20 mins per game.
#knickstape
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Oh, we actually won that shit show? Fuck. See, it's winning games like this that give fans the false hope that we should be doing anything but trying to acquire a top 5 pick. This teams sucks.

KP htf you finish a game with 2 rebounds. I mean how? Frank continuing to do nothing. Fucks sake we need a top 5 pick.
taowave
Likes given: 844

There is no question that the best course of action is a top 5 pick...

The problem is,with a healthy Hardaway,a focused Beasly and Kanter,we are dam close to a playoff team.

And that is with Frank showing up 1 out of 3 nights..

Face it,KP is a catch and shoot guy who can block shots...I doubt he will ever rebound as well as Dirk
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

It's hard to question the coaching staff because we won. It looks like the players just really don't know how to close. Except for Timmy they all look scared at the end of the game including KP. Just a comedy of errors. They handed this game to the Jazz..three chances to win at the buzzer. This feels like a bad win. Doesn't even feel like a win. Trey Burke though...added a spark and was clutch in the fourth. If he can become a contributor I am happy. Jack looks tired. Frank looks lost. He might not be ready to be playing. He didn't show he could do anything last night. Why play him even for development even if he isn't ready? They don't do that in the NFL with QBs. Frank should be taught he has to earn minutes and not have them given to him. He's young and has time.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
KnicksRUs

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE SAYING FRANK DIDN'T SHOW UP? He played literally 5 damn minutes!

He makes 1 mistake defensively and gets puled for the entire fucking game? Meanwhile Baker makes countless mistakes, gets abused for his lack of size, and is Mr. Fucking Brick City and keeps getting rewarded with important minutes.

And Trey Burke makes literally 3 shots and isn't pressured defensively at all and everyone is convinced he's got to get all Frank's minutes. our Top 10 pick who despite a recent rough patch is still over performing expectations for his age.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
Koopa Troopa

KnicksRUs wrote:Frank getting 5 minutes tonight was a joke. Especially coming off a recent career game with Baker again getting important rotation minutes.

Hornacek is a fucking mess.

Oh, and everyone declaring Burke the greatest thing since sliced bread. Relax. It was a quarter of basketball. He's going to eventually get absolutely abused defensively. Doesn't have the offense to make up for it.
Downplaying Burke yet praising Franks 'career game' where he made 2 jump shots and got a couple of bounce pass assists. He shot 2 free throws combined the last 2 games, not including yesterdays game. He does not attack the basket. :sadno:

Then talking about Burkes defense when we have yet to see the downside.... when in Frank's 'career' game he was getting beat off the dribble consistently by Dinwiddie.....who was making no moves, just moving straight. :drunk: What is defense without footspeed? Burke can at least move.

Burke actually plays like an NBA player. And the one quarter was the most important quarter. Nobody is acting like he is the savior here, just that hes better than the bums we've been watching every night.
spree#8

Burke is a 5th year player, Frank a rookie. Could we please not turn the rest of the season into Burke vs. Ntilikina? Why not be happy to have both? :?
#knickstape
KnicksRUs

Burke has no future in the NBA as a rotation player. I saw him enough in Utah to have zero doubts about that. He's no more effective than Jimmer Fredette.

I just can't wait to sit back and watch as you guys all figure that out.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
taowave

Knicks undefeated when Burke plays..

And Koop is right...Frank needs to lace em up and come to play..If not,sit back,relax and enjoy the show..
Asked why he didn’t play Ntilikina, Hornacek noted Ricky Rubio having his way on drives.

“We can’t afford a five-minute stretch of not getting after it,’’ Hornacek said.
KnicksRUs wrote:Burke has no future in the NBA as a rotation player. I saw him enough in Utah to have zero doubts about that. He's no more effective than Jimmer Fredette.

I just can't wait to sit back and watch as you guys all figure that out.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Oh that's what it was, Rubio? Shit I watched some guy named Neto lace him up too. See, that's the thing about a "defensive" player. You're gonna get burned some nights, its actuary quite ok. But you have literally nothing else to offer and now you look like a total bum. Frank has to hurry the fuck up and show us something.

Forget Burke ok. We're gonna trade you for Kemba any day now dude. And I actuary don't want him traded but if he's the only youngin asked for, it takes a strong argument to not consider it. We wouldn't be having this discussion if Smith was our PG. In fact people might argue that he'd be better than Kemba by year 3 and by year two he'll be close. Guy has all the tools to dominate.

DOMINATE GODDAMN IT!!!!

It's literally a matter of Smith learning some nuances and if defense is this thing knick fans are gonna cite, he's got one of the best coaches in the game. Itll get coached. Never to the extent of Frank's but when you dropping 20pts a night people forget about it. We fucked up even with the eventual "ah ha" moment that I think Frank will have. Frank won't suck this bad, he'll get better but he'll never be a scorer. He'll be a mistake free caretaker who's defense will always be in overated/underrated conversations. And that's if it's good, if it's mediocre it sucks. That's what happens if your offensive potential is maybe a consistent 11 pts.

So all I'm saying is Idk how long fans say they'll be willing to wait. Behind closed doors, you need to hurrytfu. Shoot until you know how to shoot. Find somebody and make it or not, try to dunk it on them. Grab a rebound, run coast to coast for the score. At least show people you're capable of a single offensive skill. Jesus Christ.
spree#8

nazrmohamed wrote:Oh that's what it was, Rubio? Shit I watched some guy named Neto lace him up too. See, that's the thing about a "defensive" player. You're gonna get burned some nights, its actuary quite ok. But you have literally nothing else to offer and now you look like a total bum. Frank has to hurry the fuck up and show us something.

Forget Burke ok. We're gonna trade you for Kemba any day now dude. And I actuary don't want him traded but if he's the only youngin asked for, it takes a strong argument to not consider it. We wouldn't be having this discussion if Smith was our PG. In fact people might argue that he'd be better than Kemba by year 3 and by year two he'll be close. Guy has all the tools to dominate.

DOMINATE GODDAMN IT!!!!

It's literally a matter of Smith learning some nuances and if defense is this thing knick fans are gonna cite, he's got one of the best coaches in the game. Itll get coached. Never to the extent of Frank's but when you dropping 20pts a night people forget about it. We fucked up even with the eventual "ah ha" moment that I think Frank will have. Frank won't suck this bad, he'll get better but he'll never be a scorer. He'll be a mistake free caretaker who's defense will always be in overated/underrated conversations. And that's if it's good, if it's mediocre it sucks. That's what happens if your offensive potential is maybe a consistent 11 pts.

So all I'm saying is Idk how long fans say they'll be willing to wait. Behind closed doors, you need to hurrytfu. Shoot until you know how to shoot. Find somebody and make it or not, try to dunk it on them. Grab a rebound, run coast to coast for the score. At least show people you're capable of a single offensive skill. Jesus Christ.
Chill out.
#knickstape
taowave

lol..That's a very funny response..short and sweet
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

This is going to help Frank out in the long run. I think it's a solid move by Hornacek - make Frank sit and watch the game when he doesn't have it. All part of the learning process.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Nononsense

Oh look everybody... it's a win! That's the true unicorn.