Kemba 2019!

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

noypi
Likes given: 24

nazrmohamed wrote:There's enough talent on the Hornets that if Kemba had the ability to make anyone better they would've been better than a perennial 8-6 seed in the East. Stop it. KP needs a better PG, not another scorer.

Well that's actually a lie. He could use another scorer but I just don't understand the obsession with go to pgs with average play making ability. I say a great vet PG would be someone like Rondo who can actually teach Frank something and you can get for a fraction of the price. Hed help everyone develop, you'd probably win some games and would come way cheaper. I'm not saying he's on the table but you could improve your pg situation by merely getting an upgraded Sessions/Jack type of player with waning value but can still play and who can mentor and still keep Frank in our plans.

The other thing folks, the only thing you need to do for KP top wanna stay is be decent by his FA year. This notion that this year; this year right here must be a winning year is a farce.

KP showed up, he and his brother knew Anthony was getting traded. Don't let anyone fool you, they were consulted. And they were told that this team would be rebuilt. In the modern nba that means a sell off, a period of epic loss and the acquisition of top prospects through the draft. And if KP can't understand that then maybe H20 is right. Maybe it's he who should be traded for future lottery picks and it's Frank who will become the senior young prospect on the team. (Senior as in, year one of my future starts with last year's draft. )

But I'm that adamant. I'm not ready to jump the gun. In fact, I could do this for 2 more drafts to be honest.
big_j_NY wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
F these trades.

#TeamTank
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Still think this is the most likely free agent signing
Fxck Adam Silver
Don Che
Likes given: 9

i can't say w/ 100% confidence that he's 10 million dollars per year better than Trey..maybe even 5 mill
thewatcher
Likes given: 2681

Don Che wrote:i can't say w/ 100% confidence that he's 10 million dollars per year better than Trey..maybe even 5 mill
Yeah I'm with Trey.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
rebound
Likes given: 1141

he will not age well due to his lilliputan stature.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

trey and him are the same

hence kemba hasnt led many teams to the playoffs.

unless Lebron is on his team or a stacked roster to go with it.

Kembas career in CHA is basically what Kyries career could of been if Lebron never showed up.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Just dropped 60

Problem is the team around him sucks
Fxck Adam Silver
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Because this season is for me a "development from within"-season and I don't see much interest among big name free agents to come here, I will stay mostly out of free agent speculation. Just wanna give to protocol now, that among all names being thrown around, Kemba might be the most realistic addition if we let Burke and/or Mudiay go and search for a free agent point guard, because there could be mutual interest. Would rather see a better defender at the one though. But where do we find one, if Ntilikina doesn't improve enough on offense?
#knickstape
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

spree#8 wrote:Because this season is for me a "development from within"-season and I don't see much interest among big name free agents to come here, I will stay mostly out of free agent speculation. Just wanna give to protocol now, that among all names being thrown around, Kemba might be the most realistic addition if we let Burke and/or Mudiay go and search for a free agent point guard, because there could be mutual interest. Would rather see a better defender at the one though. But where do we find one, if Ntilikina doesn't improve enough on offense?

Even if Frank is the worst offensive player, if you get someone like Durant....Frank can start and play 40 minutes per game and it wouldnt matter. Offense would go through KP and KD.

Franks weaknesses really stand out on a shitty team. But its not just Frank, the whole teams weaknesses are exposed nightly. Im starting to think Frank's value in defending and containing elite guards is more valuable than his ability to create shots, especially if KD is the prize. Even if its not KD and it ends up being Kyrie, I wouldnt mind Frank playing alongside him.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

That's generally how I feel Koop, but it's a conversation I'm starting to feel we can have once dude can average at least 10 pts or 5+ assists. Hes gotta give me something here. That's not really asking alot either but the defense keeps me locked on. Make it easy on me by giving me at least something consistent on the other end. You dont like to shoot, fine then pass. But when you got iso artists who never pass getting more assists than you and all you do is pass, that's scary. Cant just pass to get the ball out of your hand.
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

nazrmohamed wrote:That's generally how I feel Koop, but it's a conversation I'm starting to feel we can have once dude can average at least 10 pts or 5+ assists. Hes gotta give me something here. That's not really asking alot either but the defense keeps me locked on. Make it easy on me by giving me at least something consistent on the other end. You dont like to shoot, fine then pass. But when you got iso artists who never pass getting more assists than you and all you do is pass, that's scary. Cant just pass to get the ball out of your hand.

Yeah but let me know how he can do that?

You dont get an assist when your bigs dont help you with shitty picks. You dont get an assist when guys cant get open going over screens. You rarely get an assist dumping the ball to Kanter since he takes his time. If you do drive and kick, half the time its a bricked three.

This team is lacking in fundamentals. Theres nobody with the raw talent on this squad to bypass these deficiencies.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

I'm on the record saying that I'm fine with Ntilikina being ready to be a starter by year three. But to get penciled in by management, he a) needs to show a little more progress during this year and b) a big name free agent at another position has to want to come here. Both is still questionable. That's why a guy like Kemba could come into play (KD or Kyrie aren't coming). I hope it develops differently, but with KP coming back, another lottery pick in the fold and cap space, our front office might feel pressure to sign a big name and see a need at point guard, if none of the current three really steps up as a floor leader. I hope that Frank takes it though!
#knickstape
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Kemba is a little older than I'd like, but it makes a lot of sense. There is some sort of "decent" option at every position besides PG, especially if you add Barrett or Zion. No one is going to his potential without an upgrade at PG. I love the tank, and I love letting players take their lumps, but the idea of developing one of our shitty PGs is having awful side effects with the rest of the team. It's reinforcing THJ and Trier's worst instincts in terms of relying on strictly their own talents to generate points, it's made Knox have to work for every bucket and exacerbating his mental fragility, then you've got the bigs who are all having to do way too much. I don't want KP coming back to this scenario. This team would probably by 20 wins better just by replacing the PG with someone who can command an offense while simultaneously not getting roasted defensively. Kemba can be that guy. And with NY ties, he might actually want to come. If my goal is to make the most of the rest of the roster, he's my number 1 target right now, with all due respect to KD's talents.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Kemba at this point, like spree said, is basically the REALISTIC FREE AGENT OPTION after KD and Kyrie declines us this summer (which has already happened so far early this season with Kyrie).

Granted, I don't think Kemba will have an effect on the current roster as is on the W-L record considering Kemba dropped 60 points for his current AND just as bad Hornets squad and still DID NOT WIN.
But adding Kemba with a more healthy KP and "Top 4 Draft Stud" could open up some possibilities.

Too early to think about, but let's see us play out the season to the lottery......then we'll see how Kemba fits then (Kemba's skillset really does fit well next to Frank, like Kyrie would have).
thewatcher
Likes given: 2681

Since KD is coming here, why would I think about kemba? If KD does go to the Lakers make a huge push for Kawai.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
big_j_NY

thewatcher wrote:Since KD is coming here, why would I think about kemba? If KD does go to the Lakers make a huge push for Kawai.
If KD comes here, there is no money for Kemba.

Kemba is the backup plan.........we're just stating how to approach "said backup plan" if KD says no (which KD is a coin-flip nowadays in his summer plans).

As far as Kawai coming here..........he ain't. Man made it clear he would want to be in California in some form, IF NOT THE LAKERS, he'll take the Clippers or possibly the Kings (not speculated from Kawai rumors, but possible)
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Kemba and Trey 2pg lineup!

Not how tall you are but how tall your shot glasses are

:drunk:
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

And that's what scares me. I recently posted about Kemba and a friend of mine thought I was pro signing him. It was less about what I wanted to happen but rather what probably will happen if both KD and Irving stay put and our point guards dont get it together. And to me here are the factors to weigh
1- tanking would effectively be over. Yeah we'd still be considered a developing team but talk of who we're after in the lottery probably expires after this summer's draft assuming we're looking at a top 5 pick this year.
2- The Knicks are just itching to spend that money. Knicks will Knick. It must be killing Dolan to be in a rebuild. Obviously Durant is a target but knowing the knicks its unlikely that we'll miss out and simply carry the savings forward. So somebody is getting got folks
3- At the end of the day Hardaway has gotten better. How much better vs more shots remains to be seen but I believe hes a realistic vet piece. Kp is coming back and even if those are the only vets a case can be made that we need an established PG to maximize thier talents. But for those upset that we are abandoning development itll be spun that a veteran pg will help in that development of younger position players. Think Steve Nash going to a young Suns team of prospects.

Look folks, my wish is that one of our PGs simply step up and steal that role but I'm not opposed to this line of thinking. Do I wish it were a younger PG? Sure but if things progress as they have I can't blame management for at least being on the search for a vet PG. And in reality it would be because our current pgs forced FOs hand. It's like owning a business and wanting to hire from within, but unfortunately nobody is stepping up.

The other option is to trade for a young elite or obviously future elite rising PG which will also come at a price and most teams won't part with
Last edited by nazrmohamed on November 19th, 2018, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big_j_NY

I just realized.........TJ McConnell from the 76ers hasn't played much this year, and he'll be a UFA this summer.

He was a steady starting PG last season for the 76ers when Fultz was "injured" and hot garbage, and he was a decent starting PG during a couple of the 76ers' "Process" tank years.

If neither of our young PGs pan out AND we only retain Frank after this season, TJ McConnell wouldn't be a terrible free agent PG pickup for a "veteran PG" for next season where KP (and possibly Dolan too) will be pressuring Knicks management to compete for the playoffs.

TJ McConnell is everything we hoped Frank would end up being by this point of his young career, and TJ will possibly come cheap in free agency if the 76ers don't retain him (which seems possible since his playing time this season has been dramatically reduced from last season)
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Another epic performance by Kemba tonight as the Hornets beat the celtics
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION