shit to look forward to

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: shit to look forward to

Postby taowave » August 28, 2019, 11:49 am

It's THAT good???

knicksH20 wrote:
Da Fuq is wrong with you!? !? It's the best show EVER.
taowave

Postby Don Che » August 28, 2019, 11:52 am

I mean....what are your favorite shows Tao?
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » August 28, 2019, 6:07 pm

I wasnt the biggest fan of the wire. Watched it for 2 seasons just to be sure but like most HBO shows it was slow moving and I dont mind that. But it mustve hit too close to home and being that slow just didnt appeal to me. And hey, I watch a ton of cops vs drug dealer shows so it isnt about that so much as (and typical with HBO) there were so many vantage points that....idk, it just wasnt my thing.

Shows I've loved in that genre
-breaking bad
-Narcos
-Boardwalk empire
-Snowfall
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby taowave » August 28, 2019, 7:57 pm

Good question..

Off the top of my head I would say
Seinfeld and the Larry David show.

I liked Billions too...

Never watched Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad.

Am going to check out the Wire

Don Che wrote:I mean....what are your favorite shows Tao?
taowave

Postby rebound » August 28, 2019, 9:54 pm

you may like it's always sunny in philadelphia.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby Rusty La Rue » August 29, 2019, 4:45 am

Have we just concluded that there is nothing Knicks related to look forward to :blink: So we are discussing what TV shows to watch instead :LOL:
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Rusty La Rue

Postby Don Che » August 29, 2019, 9:37 am

ive been on this board for 12/13 years and never discussed anything outside of hoops so the fact this came up is hilarious

Billions is really good..went to the season finale this past season and hung out with the cast afterwards...they all seemed cool and down to earth.

Def a good show.

The Wire is older so its hard to really gauge how edgy it was 15 years ago but its still damn good..i try to rewatch it every couple years
Don Che

Postby spree#8 » August 30, 2019, 10:30 am

Guys, speaking about TV shows, if you haven't watched Chuck with the wonderful Yvonne Strahovski, that is a must!
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » August 30, 2019, 10:51 am

spree#8 wrote:Guys, speaking about TV shows, if you haven't watched Chuck with the wonderful Yvonne Strahovski, that is a must!

what network is it on?
Don Che

Postby StevoStarks » September 3, 2019, 5:34 pm

Chuck, like the old NBC show with Zach Levi?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby spree#8 » September 4, 2019, 2:24 am

StevoStarks wrote:Chuck, like the old NBC show with Zach Levi?

Yup, that one.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby noypi » September 4, 2019, 4:21 am

Rusty La Rue wrote:Have we just concluded that there is nothing Knicks related to look forward to :blink: So we are discussing what TV shows to watch instead :LOL:

Gotta bump this, from the Off-Topic page:

https://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36655&start=180
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby spree#8 » September 4, 2019, 12:38 pm

noypi wrote:Gotta bump this, from the Off-Topic page:

https://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36655&start=180

Good catch, we could definitely revive that thread.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » September 5, 2019, 5:24 pm

One dynamic I'm very curious to see is Dennis and RJ in the backcourt.

both ball dominant
both havent proven they can shoot yet
both young
both attack the rim
both play with a level of nasty.

I'm not sure if they can work together unless one of both of them become reliable shooters from 3.

Espeically when you consider Randle who went 21/9 last year and was incredibly efficient since he does most of his damage at the rim. Like RJ/Dennis.

First thing I want to see is....Can dennis drop 18/6 on a regular? Can RJ score around 12-14?

If yes...and more importantly can Randle/Dennis/RJ produce efficiently. Being able to score is nothing in this league its all about how many shots it takes to get there.

RJ can take a back seat to Dennis since hes a rook and RJ Rebounds/Passes so well from the wing you can run Dennis off the ball on a regular esp when you consider Payton and Frank being on the roster.

I'm looking forward to getting those questions answered because depending on how it goes will actually gauge how far along we are.

All we need is someone to drop buckets from the perimeter....Randle down low is gonna eat. Our bench with Trier/Dot/Portis/Knox or Morris is gonna eat. We just need our closer...dude you give the ball too to end the game to go get us a dub...once you get that everyone else will fall in line.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » September 5, 2019, 10:41 pm

Can't have too many shooters in this lineup. Somebody's gotta stretch the floor, otherwise defenses will just pack the paint and dare us to sink open shots. Hopefully, we see a decent improvement from DSJ, RJ, Frank, Zo, Dot and Elfrid.
cragganmor

Postby Don Che » September 6, 2019, 12:50 pm

also consider that our roster make up...is mainly players that will be better every year compared to getting 30 year old that is done evolving in his game.

one of our non shooters will end up being good shooters by the end of it.
Don Che

Postby n8 the gr8 » September 6, 2019, 2:52 pm

Don Che wrote:One dynamic I'm very curious to see is Dennis and RJ in the backcourt.

both ball dominant
both havent proven they can shoot yet
both young
both attack the rim
both play with a level of nasty.

I'm not sure if they can work together unless one of both of them become reliable shooters from 3.

Espeically when you consider Randle who went 21/9 last year and was incredibly efficient since he does most of his damage at the rim. Like RJ/Dennis.

First thing I want to see is....Can dennis drop 18/6 on a regular? Can RJ score around 12-14?

If yes...and more importantly can Randle/Dennis/RJ produce efficiently. Being able to score is nothing in this league its all about how many shots it takes to get there.

RJ can take a back seat to Dennis since hes a rook and RJ Rebounds/Passes so well from the wing you can run Dennis off the ball on a regular esp when you consider Payton and Frank being on the roster.

I'm looking forward to getting those questions answered because depending on how it goes will actually gauge how far along we are.

All we need is someone to drop buckets from the perimeter....Randle down low is gonna eat. Our bench with Trier/Dot/Portis/Knox or Morris is gonna eat. We just need our closer...dude you give the ball too to end the game to go get us a dub...once you get that everyone else will fall in line.

This is one of the questions that keeps me up at night going into the season. Seems like all of the shooters on the team are bound to come off the bench (barring maybe Morris or Ellington depending on who starts at SF). I've been starting to think it wouldn't be the worst thing for RJ to come off the bench. And I don't see any scenario where Robinson and Randle aren't the starting center and pf.
n8 the gr8

Postby JoeD » September 11, 2019, 3:15 pm

This is a very stupid organization. Perry and Fizdale want to prove Frank is a bust and doing everything in their power to make it as if he is a bad pick. Perry is going out of his way to add retreads from his previous regime in Orlando. Then adding Mudiay and giving him ridiculous amount of playing time to increase his value for free agency that they had no intention of bringing back. Perry and Fizdale have been awful, I mean down right awful. Last year accomplished nothing no player development, no system a defense that got worse as the season went on. Not once did Robinson mention Fizdale as the reason he improved.

The Knicks can’t afford to go into the season with a lousy coach like Fizdale. We need a system coach who will put players in a position to learn and play basketball as a team. The way the Knicks play is a bunch of I mentality basketball. This will get the Knicks no where.
JoeD

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2019, 12:05 am

this thread is about looking forward to things you want to see lol

I am judging Fiz this year on coaching acumen ....idt any coach in history could win with Kanter/Knox/Burke and Tim in a rotation.
Don Che

Postby rebound » September 12, 2019, 5:06 am

Don Che wrote:this thread is about looking forward to things you want to see lol

I am judging Fiz this year on coaching acumen ....idt any coach in history could win with Kanter/Knox/Burke and Tim in a rotation.

Fair enough.

However this team seems pretty deep with youthful talent this year, so no excuses!
Team Mills
rebound

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks