Knicks at the world cup

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Knicks at the world cup

Postby thewatcher » September 11, 2019, 3:17 pm

^^exactly n8, those weren't open shots from Frank, he had to shoot off the dribble, and he makes them with a little step-back. Mid-range? hell-yeah!! Big shots like that can reverberate through a career, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade some of our gaurds, but Frank's defense, passing, and NOW clutch shooting are irreplacable, he takes guys out, I think DSMJ or Elfrid might be moved, that's what I hope.

I never thought Id see highlights of Frank on CNBC, where are the Frank hater's?? :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Don Che » September 11, 2019, 3:53 pm

Payton/Treir/Frank/Knox/Portis or Taj

thats the bench I want to see
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » September 11, 2019, 3:56 pm

thewatcher wrote:Was it an ellimination game? Did Frankie send the USA pussies packing? :LOL:

You're not a true Knick fan until you root against your own country with no Knicks represented and instead root for France of all teams, because a player who's on the verge of being cut on the Knicks is out there representing.

No judgement. It just gets me hyped. I'm so happy for Frank today. SHUT KEMBA DOWN
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby thewatcher » September 11, 2019, 6:02 pm

Nazr, Frank is my favorite Knick since Nate, so it's no contest.I think everyone is happy for him, and the Knicks, now he has to do it again in the finals!! I have a feeling he will be in there in the 4th quarter. :popcorn:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby tiger0330 » September 11, 2019, 6:19 pm

Still don’t think Nits handles the ball well enough to be a starting NBA PG which contributes to him not being able to break down an NBA defense also picks up his dribble way too early.

His offensive game looks better, more aggressive attacking, floater looks better, jump shot mechanics look the same but he seems to be making them at a higher pct.

No question a better defender than DSJ. Knicks have to make a decision on both Nits and DSJ option by Oct. 31, I don’t think they try to keep both. Both guys are going to fight for that spot in the pre-season, should be fun.
tiger0330

Postby NYGM » September 11, 2019, 6:58 pm

Really good to see Frank playing that well to close the game..

He seems to be a confident kid and not affraid of the moment..

Let's see if he can keep it up..

If he can make shots he's going to be put there a lot of minutes regardless of who is playing..
NYGM

Postby cragganmor » September 11, 2019, 7:31 pm

France defended well with Rudy and Frank anchoring. How well could Mitch and Frank do? Fiz must be salivating....
cragganmor

Postby taowave » September 11, 2019, 7:34 pm

I dont know Cragg...Fiz likes guys like Smith,Mudiay and Trier..Though Jeff is seem to like Kadeem..

cragganmor wrote:France defended well with Rudy and Frank anchoring. How well could Mitch and Frank do? Fiz must be salivating....
taowave

Postby cragganmor » September 11, 2019, 7:49 pm

I think there will be some pressure to win games; we gotta defend.
cragganmor

Postby cragganmor » September 11, 2019, 8:22 pm

Would like to see a lineup of Elfrid, Frank, Ellington, Morris and Mitch when we need stops, hit some 3s
cragganmor

Postby gradyandrew » September 11, 2019, 8:30 pm

Frank also had a nice drive in the 1st. Problem is Payton, DSJ, and Frank are all PGs without a high% 3 pt shot so putting them in two PG lineups makes it easy for the defense.
Raymond, Pablo, and Kidd were good 3 shooters so the 2 PG rotation worked. It makes no sense to play two of those guys together when the front office spent the off season trying to find 3 pt. guys.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby nazrmohamed » September 11, 2019, 10:32 pm

We should trade Morris for Batum. We screwed over the Spurs. Hes served his purpose. We need a vet SF, Batum plays defense and maybe he could get in Frank's ear and help his transition.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2019, 12:01 am

Here’s what Kemba Walker told a group of reporters about Frank Ntilikina a year ago:

“I like him. I thought he got better every game,” he admitted.

“I thought he got better as the season went on. I’m a fan of him. He can really defend. He has great length. You can just see he’s getting better, man. That’s what this league is all about. It’s all about getting better. Year-in Year-out, every game, every day. It’s all about working on your game, and I can tell that he works on his game. You gotta respect that.”
Don Che

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 12, 2019, 7:43 am

From the #1 French sport magazine l'Equipe:

Ntilikina clicked

A dull, painful rage had been simmering in his guts and in his head for almost two years now, it was confusing his game and his ideas, waiting to be externalized. Hearing the buzzer sound on Wednesday, Frank Ntilikina first raised his arms to the sky, the time to grasp the scope of the event and the role he had just played. Then he isolated himself in a corner of the floor, raised his chest and shouted all he could. A madman. One had to pinch itself to believe it, as the boy is usually in control of his emotions, as difficult to sting as an arm without vein: he has the gaze, the word, carefully selected and the euphoria, rare . Once adrenaline fell, it was difficult for him to concede that his performance of the day took the form of a release, "a deliverance, a little bit ..." in his words."
"I know I can do those actions", Franke was saying at the start of the tournament. "I worked a lot on that this summer. I am a good defender, but I'm convinced I can also become a great offensive player." He knows his future in the NBA depends on this switch. Unfortunately his franchise didn't give him the opportunity to show that side of his game so far. Last, year, after starting a couple of games, the Knicks, sinning from inpatience, awkwardly put him on the wing, a role he never played, before let him rot on the bench.
"Tonight a couple of Americans saw the kid can play", said coach Collet in a smile. "His aggresiveness, his defense on Kemba... those are the things that should turn things around for him. Frank stunned many people."
And it didn't go unnoticed: staff members from the Knicks organisation were present yesterday for the game in Dongguan. Frank's agent was there as well and he received a text from David Fizdale who woke up to watch the game. He really liked what he saw."
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » September 12, 2019, 7:50 am

tiger0330 wrote:Still don’t think Nits handles the ball well enough to be a starting NBA PG which contributes to him not being able to break down an NBA defense also picks up his dribble way too early.

His offensive game looks better, more aggressive attacking, floater looks better, jump shot mechanics look the same but he seems to be making them at a higher pct.

No question a better defender than DSJ. Knicks have to make a decision on both Nits and DSJ option by Oct. 31, I don’t think they try to keep both. Both guys are going to fight for that spot in the pre-season, should be fun.

To me, Payton could be the guy distributing to this ball hungry hippos that are Randle, RJ and DSJ. His passing is better, his shooting is not as bad as Frank's, but his defense is not as good tho.

Ideally I would pair Frank and RJ at 1 and 2 (if both ever hit the potential I see in them, that's a big if), but DSJ is really an exciting player and I can't wait to see what he can do with an improved shot
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Don Che » September 12, 2019, 11:50 am

that 2 guard spot is going to be interesting in training camp.
Don Che

Postby taowave » September 12, 2019, 4:09 pm

Theres way to many chefs in the kitchen...

Barret,Dot,Ellington,Trier,possibly Bullock and Frank...

Don Che wrote:that 2 guard spot is going to be interesting in training camp.
taowave

Postby taowave » September 12, 2019, 4:10 pm

Never thought I would see those 3 words in the same sentence

The Knicks, who are scouting the tournament, have to be encouraged by what they’ve seen from Ntilikina as they prepare for the upcoming NBA season.

“He’s been very aggressive and confident,” an NBA scout in China told The Post’s Marc Berman last week.
taowave

Postby washingtonparkjones » September 12, 2019, 5:02 pm

I think he can develop good court vision and become a primary distributor .... said no one.

Lots said I hope he does develop a shot. Thinking he can develop his scoring game is not far fetched.

Believing he can develop passing skills is far fetched. I don't know any examples really of guards who made a big improvement in passing skills over time. I just don't see how Frank is ever an NBA PG. He can defend 1-3 but on offense I don't see him at PG.
washingtonparkjones

Postby taowave » September 12, 2019, 6:55 pm

And I see Frank as a guy with really good court vision.Thats one aspect of his game that I really liked,along with his D.

What neutralizes his court vision is his handle and shaky confidence/lack of aggression.

I'm guessing you see him as a 2,while I am hoping he can play the 1..:drunk:
taowave

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks