Knicks sign Marcus Morris Sr.-1 year $15 Mill Deal

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Knicks sign Marcus Morris Sr.-1 year $15 Mill Deal

Postby Minkaveli » July 11, 2019, 7:39 pm

@IanBegley
A league source confirms that Marcus Morris will sign a one-year deal for roughly $15 million with the Knicks. New York is also expected to reach an amended agreement with Reggie Bullock, per sources. The Athletic first reported Morris’ agreement with the Knicks.

1m
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Re: Knicks sign Marcus Morris Sr.-1 year $15 Mill Deal

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 11, 2019, 7:55 pm

Crazy turned the spurs away
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby nazrmohamed » July 11, 2019, 7:55 pm

That's impossible since nobody wants to sign with the Knicks as they are a dysfunctional circus managed by an evil owner who one day is too engaged and then the next too disengaged who wants to bring back Isiah and when in doubt CAA to run a team that should rebuild. Oh no wait, compete. Or should be picking up draft picks and tanking yet at the very same time not being an embarrassment by winning 17 games.
Last edited by nazrmohamed on July 11, 2019, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » July 11, 2019, 7:56 pm

No Lance?
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » July 11, 2019, 7:58 pm

We're like the Duke brothers and power forwards are frozen orange juice.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » July 11, 2019, 8:01 pm

gradyandrew wrote:No Lance?

As a bench coach surr
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby StevoStarks » July 11, 2019, 8:12 pm

Sorry Knox. Hope you've been working on your game because you just got some serious competition for your minutes. I can't tell if this is good or bad. I guess guys fighting for minutes keeps them hungry.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby thewatcher » July 11, 2019, 8:18 pm

Love it. Fiz won't get away with anything but winning. Morris going to make a man out of Knox. Playoff run.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Don Che » July 11, 2019, 8:22 pm

not a fan of this....we have too many players with high expectations of their roles

he is better than Knox tho
Don Che

Postby nazrmohamed » July 11, 2019, 8:22 pm

StevoStarks wrote:Sorry Knox. Hope you've been working on your game because you just got some serious competition for your minutes. I can't tell if this is good or bad. I guess guys fighting for minutes keeps them hungry.

His minutes are being reduced and I'm fine with that. I rather be tough guys and win games. We got enough youth for a lifetime and I think it's a good young core TBH. If it's as good as I think itll overtake the vets. Until then learn and be accountable. That's the best development they gon get
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby rebound » July 11, 2019, 8:26 pm

Knox doesn't have the stamina and or focus to play at a high level for 40 minutes anyway.

Bullock seems to betting a charity signing and probably won't play much at all this upcoming season. so that opens more room at the 2 and 3 for the other guys.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby HOF19 » July 11, 2019, 8:30 pm

nazrmohamed wrote:That's impossible since nobody wants to sign with the Knicks as they are a dysfunctional circus managed by an evil owner who one day is too engaged and then the next too disengaged who wants to bring back Isiah and when in doubt CAA to run a team that should rebuild. Oh no wait, compete. Or should be picking up draft picks and tanking yet at the very same time not being an embarrassment by winning 17 games.

While they still might not be a playoff team I hope our "Tanking " days are over ! …….GO NY GO …….GO KNICKS !!!!!
HOF19

Postby Don Che » July 11, 2019, 8:42 pm

def no more tanking
Don Che

Postby HOF19 » July 11, 2019, 8:46 pm

:clap:
Don Che wrote:def no more tanking
HOF19

Postby PistolPete » July 11, 2019, 9:35 pm

Don Che wrote:def no more tanking

Knicks gonna mess around and win 40 games next season.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
PistolPete

Postby taowave » July 11, 2019, 9:39 pm

34 wins Watcher

thewatcher wrote:Love it. Fiz won't get away with anything but winning. Morris going to make a man out of Knox. Playoff run.
taowave

Postby reub » July 11, 2019, 9:54 pm

7th seed.
reub

Postby Minkaveli » July 11, 2019, 9:56 pm

33 wins. Went from 30-33 now.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby Nononsense » July 11, 2019, 11:39 pm

Okay, let's sort this roster out:

PG - Elfrid / DSJ / Frank
SG - RJ / Trier / Iggy / Dotson
SF - Knox / Bullock / Ellington
PF - Julius / Morris
C - Mitch / Portis / Taj

I have no idea how Fiz is going to distribute minutes to all these hungry journeymen on short deals looking for their next payday along with our youth that badly needs developing. Part of me wants a 15-man deep rotation employing a platoon system where we have three death squads (units) that play in spurts together with every player averaging roughly the same minutes (16ppg). You could press and trap on nearly every defensive play. You could run and gun at every chance and run a motion offense every time down in the half court game. Constant energy and motion as you don't have to conserve energy on either side of the ball since you're only playing 16-20 minutes per night. That'd drive opponents crazy. This sounds radical, but I don't know what else to do. All I know for sure is training camp is about to be super intense!
Nononsense

Postby Nononsense » July 11, 2019, 11:53 pm

As I think about it, I think Frank, Dotson, Ellington, and Bullock are the odd men out of regular rotation minutes. Iggy needs to be playing, but my guess is they'll send him to the G-League on multiple occasions and call him up if/when a rotation player is either injured or traded. That leaves us with this 10-man rotation:

PG - Elfrid / DSJ
SG - RJ / Trier
SF - Morris / Knox
PF - Julius / Portis
C - Mitch / Taj

That's a solid group right there with lots of guys on the outside looking in as a nice luxury and insurance against injuries as they are inevitable at some point during the long grind of an 82-game season.
Nononsense

Next

Return to New York Knicks