I think that trading for AD is realistic.

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: I think that trading for AD is realistic.

Postby spree#8 » June 11, 2019, 1:40 pm

H20Knick wrote:If the Pelicans demand DSJ/Barrett/Mitch/Trier/Frank and 2 1sts the knick may do it whether they have cap space or not.

If they do that, the Pelicans have to be renamed Knicks, so I can officially root for them. :D
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Don Che » June 11, 2019, 1:55 pm

Griffin is making demands when AD is only extending with 2 teams.

i call BS...just sit and wait.

I'd only trade for AD if i feel that RJ isnt a all star caliber player within his rookie contract.
Don Che

Postby cragganmor » June 11, 2019, 3:00 pm

I think AD can exert a lot of pressure. I would be patient, don't do what Dolan would do...
cragganmor

Postby StevoStarks » June 11, 2019, 3:14 pm

spree#8 wrote:Trading for AD only makes sense (if at all - I would't do it) after you have signed other max free agents, not instead. So no worries here.

H20Knick wrote:THE KNICKS OFTEN DO THINGS THAT DONT MAKE SENSE, SPREE

Haha, that's what I was alluding to. Spree, I've been on this board for 16 years (jesus christ) and I can't count the number of times the Knicks have made sense on one hand.

I don't think it's time to start pretending they know what they're doing.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby CommonSense » June 12, 2019, 12:55 am

AD now becomes definitely the most REALISTIC option for a star now. Maybe we can get Kyrie and/or Butler and trade for him, I don't know. I would probably stand pat. It was argued before that the team NO put around AD that didn't make the playoffs was actually pretty good, so I don't know if we can really build a better team around him. Kyrie > Jrue but what about everything else lol

My short lived and unrealistic but ambitious dream of a Kyrie/KD/AD and maybe even keeping Mitch team has died and I need to mourn and regroup :cry:
The future ain't what it used to be~Yogi Berra

Inaugural 2019 NYKFP Mock Free Agency Competition Champion :drunk:
CommonSense

Postby H20Knick » June 12, 2019, 2:04 pm

So i read this longass piece about Rich Paul (https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/rich- ... hony-davis) and one portion stood out to me:

Boston? Davis’s father told ESPN in February that he wouldn’t want his son playing for the Celtics, and Paul confirms that he has warned off Boston management.

“They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.”

Posturing? Maybe. But get ready for another year of it, because Paul says Davis won’t be signing an extension anywhere this summer.

“Where he’s going to land? I have no idea,” Paul says. “And it don’t matter. We’re going into free agency. Why does it matter to me where he goes? Earth: We’re going into free agency. He has a year, he has to play. But after that, I can’t say it no bigger: WE ARE GOING INTO FREE AGENCY. 2020: ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE IN FREE AGENCY.”

Of course it matters: Whatever team Davis plays for next season will be able to offer him more money to stay than any of his other suitors. And though reports have Pelicans owner Gayle Benson loath to do the Lakers any favors, and though many believe L.A. lacks the deftness to pry Davis away, the spin that he would be ill-served playing in purple-and-gold won’t let Paul alone.

“See, everybody wants to fabricate the facts when it’s me,” Paul says. “That’s just like saying, ‘No, A-Rod, don’t marry J-Lo. Are you out of your f---in’ mind, man?’ This is Jennifer Lopez! I mean, who would you rather me marry? The Lakers are Jennifer Lopez. You don’t want me to date Jennifer Lopez? Give me a reason I shouldn’t date J-Lo!”

If he's going to become a free agent anyway and the swing vote is money...

What star player actually was happy playing with lebron except for dwayne wade (special circumstance because the Heat will ALWAYS be DWade's team and DWade already had a finals MVP there)?

Im not trading for AD. No way. Let him go to LA and play with Lebron. He'll walk in a year lol.
In RJ we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » June 12, 2019, 2:10 pm

Yeah, no thanks.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby CommonSense » June 12, 2019, 3:32 pm

Stevo, not sure if you were serious, but your idea of Kemba and AD intrigues me lol

Regardless, I really wouldn't trade anything for AD at this point. We're one of two teams on his list and apparently he's going to free agency no matter what, so we'll get him then if it makes sense.

CommonSense

Postby H20Knick » June 12, 2019, 4:25 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Celtics and Lakers are engaged in trade talks with New Orleans on All-NBA star Anthony Davis, league sources tell me, @ZachLowe_NBA, @ramonashelburne, and @WindhorstESPN. Lakers No. 4 pick has been discussed as trade chip to help Pels acquire high-level player in multi-team deals.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

To be clear, of course: The Celtics and Lakers are trying to negotiate independent deals with New Orleans for Anthony Davis. There's no spirit of cooperation here. The Lakers No. 4 pick would be used to acquire Davis in a multi-team deal that does NOT include Boston.

standing ovation to perry for sitting this one out. :clap:
In RJ we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby StevoStarks » June 12, 2019, 4:40 pm

Let's hope he stays out. Really want this AD trade to go down before the draft, without us involved.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby CommonSense » June 12, 2019, 7:26 pm

Boston trading for AD then him walking would make me very happy.

CommonSense

Postby rebound » June 12, 2019, 7:30 pm

CommonSense wrote:Boston trading for AD then him walking would make me very happy.

Heck maybe a year with Lebron wont be so pleasant.
Team Mills
rebound

Postby thewatcher » June 12, 2019, 7:43 pm

Yeah playing with an aging LeBron will be a thankless chore.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby nazrmohamed » June 12, 2019, 8:36 pm

thewatcher wrote:Yeah playing with an aging LeBron will be a thankless chore.

Contrary to popular belief Lebron looked and played amazing this year. It wouldn't be a bad trade for ther Lakers Fizz they already have thier top 3 player and a lower pick. Its bad for us coz we got nothing
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby Minkaveli » June 12, 2019, 9:00 pm

Glad this one missed us.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Minkaveli

Postby noypi » June 13, 2019, 3:53 am

Only way for the Knicks to acquire AD is thru a 3-team trade. Pelicans want an allstar, a young player with upside and draft picks. AD would prefer the Knicks and Lakers as long-term destinations. Knicks and Nets could get involved in this trade surreptitiously without the Lakers knowing it.

Knicks get: AD
Why: because he's a superstar

Nets get: Frank Ntilikina, 2020 1st round pick (from the Knicks)
Why: If they're gonna get Kyrie, it won't be viable to share the backcourt with a ball dominant DLo. Frank and Kyrie makes a lot of sense because of fit, and they save money from signing DLo and maybe get another allstar (Jimmy Butler?) to pair with Kyrie.

Pelicans get: D'Angelo Russell, Robinson, Trier/DSJ/Knox, Lance Thomas and 1st round pick (from the Knicks which should not be the 3rd pick)
Why: DLo is an allstar they'd want. Robinson is a player the Pels covet. One of Trier/DSJ/Knox is another young kid with upside, Lance for salary purposes and a 1st round pick that would not include the 2019 3rd pick.

The problem with this trade is if DLo is willing to do a sign and trade with the Pels and Perry and Mills may think they'd be trading too much for AD. This trade seems to help both the Nets and Pelicans I don't think I'd want this too lol. But based on what the Pelicans want for AD, AD's preference of Knicks as long-term destination and Pelicans' reluctance to deal with a West team like the Lakers, I think this is possible.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
noypi

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 13, 2019, 4:02 am

Idk if we'll get AD next year, but I'm glad we don't send our entire asset chest for him to be threatened of him leaving next offseason all year long by fucking Rich Paul. Let's make our team as attractive as possible while keeping space and we'll see if we can be bidders in 2020
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby spree#8 » June 13, 2019, 6:44 am

StevoStarks wrote:Let's hope he stays out. Really want this AD trade to go down before the draft, without us involved.

This.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby CommonSense » June 13, 2019, 2:54 pm

I like waiting it out so much better now. There was risk involved in trading but I was willing to take on that risk ONLY if we got KD/Kyrie and maybe got to keep Mitch. Now, we don't take any risk, if KD signs we have a pretty legit superteam in 2020/2021, and we keep every single asset, including Barrett and Mitch who have star (star-ish for Mitch) potential IMO. If we could roll out a 2020 line up of:

DSJ (or someone we trade him for/proven vet/someone like Kadeem/I have no fucking idea)
Barrett
KD
AD
Mitch

I mean damn that's way better than my big three idea :LOL:

CommonSense

Postby NewlyKnicked » June 14, 2019, 3:59 am

Pels turned down the Lakers offer (Ball, Ingram, #4 pick) because they want Kuzma also in addition to all that...

This king's ransom + the uncertainty of 2020 offseason with freaking Rich Paul controling everything -> :arrow: PASS
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks