our lottery # guess - poll

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Which lottery pick will we land??

33%
14%
24%
5%
24%

Total votes : 21

Re: our lottery # guess - poll

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2019, 7:28 am

Red, when a team loses it's best player I just dont think it's wrong to play youth. Then you coach them as hard as you can and if they lose based on inexperience so be it. I have no problem with that.

Now if a team is literally coaching to lose then maybe I can see your point. And I guess playi nb g rookies is just that but I mean pulling out hot players, playing guys at positions that dont make sense, creating starting lineups based on hometowns. That I can understand you being pissed at but Fizz did spend the entire year developing.

What we failed to do is attempt to win with a team predicated on Courtney Lee, Enes Kanter and Hardaway.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby nazrmohamed » May 15, 2019, 7:35 am

You know what I think is worse than tanking? Building your entire team from what amounts to sell-swords. I find much more anger in the nknicks need to find that next big trade utilizing our young assets than from tanking and drafting your future stars. I find much more wretchedness in knowing that Kyrie and Durant even if we got them had been conspiring and giving up on thier existing teams while focused on the road ahead. To me THATS what the NBA needs to fix. Not stopping bad teams from being just alittle more bad in order to have any chance of competing with already established powerhouses.

That's the other way to look at it Red. Silver enjoys player movement and disloyalty more than he likes team inner development.
Grady- Mario is the KD of tanking. Fiz got worried that playing Jordan would help the Knicks win, so he has to make sure Mario gets plenty of minutes.
nazrmohamed

Postby NewlyKnicked » May 15, 2019, 7:57 am

2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby Red » May 15, 2019, 8:04 am

In terms of the cba and [new] draft rules... this was terrible.
The ceiling is the roof. -Michael Jordan
Red

Postby StevoStarks » May 15, 2019, 3:41 pm

How were the Knicks tanking? They suck. Their final record is reflective of the product on the floor.

And I still think RJ or Ja or going to be really really good. Zion has the hype, so did Greg Oden. So did Anthony Bennett.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Mr. Glass » May 15, 2019, 4:34 pm

StevoStarks wrote:And I still think RJ or Ja or going to be really really good. Zion has the hype, so did Greg Oden. So did Anthony Bennett.

Right sir. I’d rather have a hyped player from Duke over a hyped player from a lower tier school with low (or no) real recruitment.
"Mother said render you unconscious. I'm going to render you unconscious." LL Cool J
Mr. Glass

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 15, 2019, 5:50 pm

Difference with Zion and those guys is you see his worth ethic on the court. His natural instinct is to go after loose balls as if it were his child in danger. That kind of stuff you cant teach and it shows his passion for the game. Think a player like that will put in the work to make use of their potential.
Koopa Troopa

Postby Mr. Glass » May 15, 2019, 8:46 pm

Very true. Effortlessly too.
"Mother said render you unconscious. I'm going to render you unconscious." LL Cool J
Mr. Glass

Postby gradyandrew » May 15, 2019, 9:15 pm

StevoStarks wrote:How were the Knicks tanking? They suck. Their final record is reflective of the product on the floor.

And I still think RJ or Ja or going to be really really good. Zion has the hype, so did Greg Oden. So did Anthony Bennett.

Very different situations. Portland already had ROY Roy and wanted to pair him with a defensive center. Injuries ruined both those guys careers, though Oden had a short stretch of 20 games where he avg. a double double with 2 blocks in about 20 minutes.
Bennet was a reach in a lackluster draft year. Total opposite from Zion who is a consensus number 1 in a good class.
Them grapes are too sour.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby StevoStarks » May 16, 2019, 2:06 pm

Haha come on Grady, why you gotta throw a wrench in there? Yes you are right and Oden has some health concerns going into the draft.

My real point is that you never know. This is a shooting league and although Zion showed his inside it side game, he still has some work to do on that shot. I just don’t want to give him the LeBron treatment just yet.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby Koopa Troopa » May 16, 2019, 4:12 pm

StevoStarks wrote:Haha come on Grady, why you gotta throw a wrench in there? Yes you are right and Oden has some health concerns going into the draft.

My real point is that you never know. This is a shooting league and although Zion showed his inside it side game, he still has some work to do on that shot. I just don’t want to give him the LeBron treatment just yet.

More of a modern Charles Barkley type. Giannis has proven you can bully people inside..hell Giannis is about to win the MVP and he cant shoot. Zion just a smaller tank version of that. But he can hit some outside shots.
Koopa Troopa

Postby StevoStarks » May 17, 2019, 12:58 am

Giannis was drafted 15, no pressure of #1 overall.

Jesus christ guys, I'm just trying to spin this positively and you're pushing back on all of my posts. Fine, we missed out on the greatest #1 pick since Lebron and we're fucked and will never win a chip in our lifetimes.

:D
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby gradyandrew » May 17, 2019, 1:00 am

StevoStarks wrote:Giannis was drafted 15, no pressure of #1 overall.

Jesus christ guys, I'm just trying to spin this positively and you're pushing back on all of my posts. Fine, we missed out on the greatest #1 pick since Lebron and we're fucked and will never win a chip in our lifetimes.

:LOL: That's the spirit!
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby spree#8 » May 17, 2019, 11:08 am

StevoStarks wrote:How were the Knicks tanking? They suck. Their final record is reflective of the product on the floor.

gradyandrew wrote:Very different situations. Portland already had ROY Roy and wanted to pair him with a defensive center. Injuries ruined both those guys careers, though Oden had a short stretch of 20 games where he avg. a double double with 2 blocks in about 20 minutes.
Bennet was a reach in a lackluster draft year. Total opposite from Zion who is a consensus number 1 in a good class.
Them grapes are too sour.

Nah, the Oden draft is actually very comparable to this one. Oden was THE consensus number one that year despite KD's great freshman season. Same with Zion and Barrett (and Morant for that matter). We are really lucky, that Morant has likely played himself in between them.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby gradyandrew » May 17, 2019, 11:47 am

After that draft I kept thinking how Mike Conley was the luckiest guy in the world getting to throw lob passes to Oden during HS and college and how he'd be out of the NBA in two years. :LOL:

I think in this analogy RJ would be Oden and Zion KD, no?
gradyandrew

Postby spree#8 » May 17, 2019, 11:53 am

No.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby knicksH20 » May 17, 2019, 11:55 am

StevoStarks wrote:Giannis was drafted 15, no pressure of #1 overall.

LOL, also, it's not like we WON any championships even w/ the #1 draft pick of 1985.

BURN.
One Team. One New York.

Jamal Crawford
His Crawfulness!
knicksH20

Postby gradyandrew » May 17, 2019, 12:04 pm

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?pa ... ant/070126

I dont think anyone is making the argument that Zion shouldnt be number 1, but yeah, we're lucky that Memphis seems like the perfect situation for Ja to step into.
gradyandrew

Previous

Return to New York Knicks