Fizdale sucks

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Fizdale sucks

Postby H20Knick » April 15, 2019, 4:08 pm

taowave wrote:I agreed Fiz is a decent development guy but he SUCKED as a coach this year. Horrendous..You are confusing developmental staff with being a good head coach...

17 wins is no small feat

Im really impressed

fiz's job was not to win games. i'm sorry, but it wasn't. He had to put other things ahead of winning games. If you want to see what the opposite looks like, what putting meaningless wins ahead of talent evaluation/player development/culture development, rewind a year to jeff hornacek and see what it looks like and enjoy the 8th pick in the draft.
Get well, KD. :(

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby taowave » April 15, 2019, 4:11 pm

Of course it was his job to win games..He just want very good with it,and he gets a free pass this year.....

The guy looked lost...
taowave

Postby big_j_NY » April 15, 2019, 6:01 pm

taowave wrote:Of course it was his job to win games..He just want very good with it,and he gets a free pass this year.....

The guy looked lost...

With the way Mills made this year's roster, it sure didn't look like Fiz was brought in to win games.

If Mills wanted to hire a coach to WIN GAMES, like H20 and yourself said eariler..........Mike Bud would've been hired.

But the 2018-2019 was ALWAYS GOING TO BE ABOUT TANKING, NO MATTER WHAT

No "competitive winning coach" would ever agree to a tank job..........let's be real here.

Even D'Antoni "tried" to win games during the failed Walsh era, when we should've been trying to tank during the period of 2007 to 2010.

At least with Fizdale, we knew we were TANK-BOUND.......not given false promises of trying to make a foolish borderline playoff birth 'cuz ALL OF YOU (including impatient-AF Porzingis) cannot accept trying to aim for a higher draft pick by taking on all the Ls
#EmbraceTheTankPERIOD

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby H20Knick » April 15, 2019, 7:52 pm

I don't get why people think we weren't tanking lol. Again. The point of this season was not to win games.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/nba-comm ... /304078578
NBA commissioner Adam Silver believes Knicks' tanking strategy is 'corrosive'
Knicks have been open about how wins and losses don't matter this season
Feb 17 | 4:09PM

Like every other professional sport commissioner, NBA's Adam Silver is not a fan of tanking.

However, there are multiple teams still doing it in plain sight this season, with the Knicks among them. During his press conference at NBA All-Star Weekend in Charlotte, NC, Silver talked about tanking and how "corrosive" he believes it is to organizations.

"There's a mindset that if you're going to be bad, you might as well be really bad," Silver told the Daily News' Stefan Bondy. "I believe personally that's corrosive for those organizations."

Silver knows he can't eliminate tanking entirely in the NBA, but he will continue to think of ways to stop it as much as possible. One of those ways is changing the draft lottery once again this year to the worst three teams having the same percentage to be awarded the No. 1 overall pick.

The Knicks are 11-47 on the season thus far, which is good for second-worst in the NBA behind the Suns (11-48). Coming into this season, everyone from team president Steve Mills to new head coach David Fizdale preached how developing the young roster pieces was more important than coming away with wins.

In turn, the Knicks are hoping this summer is an eventful one with a high draft pick and money to spend on top free agents. But Silver doesn't want teams that are not playoff contenders to have the same mindset each year.

"I still think it's a bit early and then we'll see what happens to see if certain teams behavior is rewarded through the lottery," Silver said. "Clearly, in many cases the odds are not in their favor. I recognize in terms of analytics it doesn't mean the strategy is going to be eliminated completely. As you know this is the sixth time we've changed the lottery and I'm pretty sure we acknowledged at the time and people familiar with the operation of other leagues, you understand why there's relegation in European soccer, for example. Because you pay an enormous price if you're not competitive. And I think for the league and for our teams there's that ongoing challenge if we can come up with a better system."

It may seem excessive for Silver to implement a system like Eurpoean soccer has, but it has worked for them. For now, though, teams like the Knicks will continue to tank with the hope their ping pong ball is selected in the end.
Get well, KD. :(

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby gradyandrew » April 15, 2019, 11:57 pm

:thumbsdown: The guy who really tanked this season was Joakim Noah. Bad influence on Frank, lit most of his time, suspended and when given a clean slate with a new coach held out for a full buy out.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew

Postby taowave » April 16, 2019, 9:04 am

Tank you say?? Not my man Perry..Fiz is in the house and ready to kick some ass....Its in black and white

Knicks GM Scott Perry is on the road with the team. An eye witness said Perry was visibly upset during portions of the first half in Atlanta. The Knicks gave up 57 points to the Hawks and trailed by three after two quarters. Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking..

Got to love the Fiz.....Cant be easy kicking your own ass,but he did it Love this line,straight from Chris Rock

David Fizdale says he hears excitement from fans on the street, asking him to “kick some ass this year,” which he responds

“Damn right we gonna kick some ass!!”

Hold on here...Whats Perry talking about...Not getting worse for the sake of a draft pick???..Whoooooaaaaa,that doesnt sound like a Tankster

Knicks general manager Scott Perry does not want to ever be in a position where his team has to lose to get better. In other words, tanking is not on the man's mind.

"I just believe it’s important to compete hard, do the very best you can, let the amount of wins organically happen vs. trying to put your team in position not to win," Perry told reporters Saturday via the New York Post. "I don’t think that’s healthy for any culture. I think if you try to institutionalize losing, that’s hard to get out of your building. You may never get that out of your building."

Perry is trying his best to prevent his team from getting worse to obtain a better draft pick. He wants to build a culture of winning and bring players in who will add to the culture.

Again,got to love the Fiz...Came to town to kick some ass,win every game,but somehow lost 65 games...

“The best part for me, when we sat down at our interview, the first words they said to me were ‘Tank? We will not ever tank,’ ” Fizdale said. “And that’s what resonated to me the most in our dealings because that’s the first thing they said to me, to go out and try to win every game. That made me feel great.

“We know where we are with our young guys. But the fact that we are preaching to them and teaching that every game is important to win, that’s what matters to me.”

Kiss my ass on the intentional tanking nonsense...We sucked,own it
taowave

Postby StevoStarks » April 16, 2019, 1:18 pm

So.........huh?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby washingtonparkjones » April 17, 2019, 5:13 pm

taowave wrote:I agreed Fiz is a decent development guy but he SUCKED as a coach this year.

Since development was the higher priority sounds like he's a coach who just had his priorities straight, which is what we wanted. Otherwise known as a good thing
washingtonparkjones

Postby taowave » April 17, 2019, 6:02 pm

Guy looked lost half the time..
No real offensive sets,D just horrible..

Not a Mudiay fan,not sure why we developed him..

Happy to see what he can do with real talent
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » April 18, 2019, 11:04 am

Interesting reads showing that we DO in fact have an offense:

- Knicks offensive sets in detail : https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019 ... ks-offense

- what goes wrong: https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019 ... d-the-ugly

Nice quick discussion at the end on whether or not Fizdale could design offensive sets for a better team (KD and Kyrie in mind)
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » April 18, 2019, 12:04 pm

From what i saw,our PG play is awful.... Mudiay plays with his head down,Frank is lost and Smith is Westbrook lite..(i hate Westbrooks as a PG)..You know its bad when Kadeem Allen steps out of the G League and he looks like out best PG..

I know there are alot of guys who are enamored with Smith,bit the guy doesnt look like a winner to me....

I really hope Fiz isnt in love with Mud/Smith..It will lead to his downfall

NewlyKnicked wrote:Interesting reads showing that we DO in fact have an offense:

- Knicks offensive sets in detail : https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019 ... ks-offense

- what goes wrong: https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019 ... d-the-ugly

Nice quick discussion at the end on whether or not Fizdale could design offensive sets for a better team (KD and Kyrie in mind)
taowave

Previous

Return to New York Knicks