KD watch 2019?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby big_j_NY » March 11, 2019, 4:44 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:We are in the east


We had a prime Carmelo at one point.............being in the East changes NOTHING
#EmbraceTheTankPERIOD

NO LONGER #InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby taowave » March 11, 2019, 6:21 pm

Keep on mind the Lakers crumbled with Lebrons injury and Magics feeble attempt at trading anyone not named Lebron..

big_j_NY wrote:
"Playoffs"......with an emphasis on the quotation marks around the word playoffs.

After seeing a top playmaking wing in Lebron struggle for a playoff birth with a similar young roster in Los Angeles, I find it very hard to see a 32+ yr old KD by himself carry this young Knicks team to a possible Conference Finals...........even if we draft Zion (or RJ).
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby big_j_NY » March 11, 2019, 6:24 pm

Well actually, Lonzo Ball's injury had a more negative effect on the Lakers than Lebron's injury............most of the Lakers' defensive issues often started from the PG spot, which Lonzo easily defended when he was healthy (and he was a nightmare matchup on switches for the other team).

But either way (especially with Magic getting "star" hungry at the trade deadline for The Brow)........that is more reason to quit putting so much damn hope on FA/trading block stars to save your young, "underdeveloped and unproven" teams.

Just let the young guys develop AND draft more guys to aide in that development (unless one of those young guys are impatient as fucking Porzingis)
#EmbraceTheTankPERIOD

NO LONGER #InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
User avatar
big_j_NY
 
Joined: December 29, 2005, 11:47 pm
Location: Houston, TX.........Queens, NY born & raised

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby gradyandrew » March 11, 2019, 6:38 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:If Durant leaves, it's because everyone said he joined a superteam. Why would he join the best player? If they win, wouldn't everyone say "Yeah, but you can still put a f** asteriks next to this title as well because LbJ".

If KD leaves Golden State, he'll go somewhere without any accomplished stars to create a superteam of his own where he's the headline and no one else.


Lakers won't even make the playoffs and have started tanking so that narrative doesn't hold. If anything he'll get more glory because he is the one that will take them to the promised land.

Remember when LBJ picked KD first? KD said "what else is,he supposed to do" there's a mutual respect those two guys have.

Going alone doesn't ensure anything, but playing with LeBron gives him a window to compete.
gradyandrew
 
Joined: August 11, 2005, 4:58 am

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 12, 2019, 9:40 am

big_j_NY wrote:We had a prime Carmelo at one point.............being in the East changes NOTHING

I could have swear we made the playoffs with Melo... and more than once even... my bad, must have been some other knicks team
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby Don Che » March 12, 2019, 9:48 am

prime Melo isnt anywhere near KD is...KD was better than prime melo by his 2nd or 3rd year in the league
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 12, 2019, 9:49 am

gradyandrew wrote:Lakers won't even make the playoffs and have started tanking so that narrative doesn't hold. If anything he'll get more glory because he is the one that will take them to the promised land.

Remember when LBJ picked KD first? KD said "what else is,he supposed to do" there's a mutual respect those two guys have.

Going alone doesn't ensure anything, but playing with LeBron gives him a window to compete.

The narrative is « Durant is tired people say his achievements aren’t worth as much because of the personnel around him. »
He wants to be the face of a winning team to enter the GOAT discussion. His comment of LbJ pick falls in line with that. He thinks he’s the best. However if he joins LeBron in LA, whose team will it be? His or LeBron’s?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
User avatar
NewlyKnicked
 
Joined: November 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » March 12, 2019, 10:29 am

The Knicks legend told Frank Isola of The Atrhletic that he would like free agents to go to the Brooklyn Nets instead of the Knickerbockers if they are thinking about moving to New York.
"If you want to be in New York, look at the Nets. Sean Marks has done a great job. The Nets have better pieces. You get Kyrie and K.D. or Kyrie and Kawhi and you have something. They have nothing bad going on with them. If Kyrie and K.D. come to the Knicks, it wouldn’t be enough. The Nets are winning. They’re not blowing teams out but they’re competing. The ball moves. You come to the Knicks … it won’t be easy."
"The fans deserve better, but there are too many distractions in New York. And it starts with the owner."

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-charl ... ad-knicks/
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
User avatar
ISIAH_THOMAS
 
Joined: October 13, 2014, 11:25 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby Don Che » March 12, 2019, 10:51 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:The Knicks legend told Frank Isola of The Atrhletic that he would like free agents to go to the Brooklyn Nets instead of the Knickerbockers if they are thinking about moving to New York.
"If you want to be in New York, look at the Nets. Sean Marks has done a great job. The Nets have better pieces. You get Kyrie and K.D. or Kyrie and Kawhi and you have something. They have nothing bad going on with them. If Kyrie and K.D. come to the Knicks, it wouldn’t be enough. The Nets are winning. They’re not blowing teams out but they’re competing. The ball moves. You come to the Knicks … it won’t be easy."
"The fans deserve better, but there are too many distractions in New York. And it starts with the owner."

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-charl ... ad-knicks/



hes not wrong...but not because of the owner(even though he is saying this because of the owner)

you shouldnt go after free agents until you make the playoffs with your own culture first.

but if the nets go after kyrie/KD or Kawhi .....all their free agents are gone which include DLo/Spencer Din/Rondai/Carroll i think i dont have the list in front of me.

Either way I'm good...I'd rather max DLo anyway than Kyrie...KD is an enigma so idk where i stand with him
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » March 13, 2019, 9:42 pm

he has a hit and miss record on things

Wouldn't surprise me though


Brandon Robinson
@ScoopB
·
2h
Kevin Durant had a secret meeting with members of the Knicks' brass when New York took on the Warriors in January, a league source told me this afternoon - (link: http://goo.gl/FQgxfh) goo.gl/FQgxfh
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
User avatar
ISIAH_THOMAS
 
Joined: October 13, 2014, 11:25 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby gradyandrew » March 14, 2019, 1:11 am

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:he has a hit and miss record on things

Wouldn't surprise me though


Brandon Robinson
@ScoopB
·
2h
Kevin Durant had a secret meeting with members of the Knicks' brass when New York took on the Warriors in January, a league source told me this afternoon - (link: http://goo.gl/FQgxfh) goo.gl/FQgxfh


I'm a gonna call bullshit on this one. No way the brass is risking a draft pick
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew
 
Joined: August 11, 2005, 4:58 am

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby gradyandrew » March 14, 2019, 1:55 am

Oakley clearly has a grudge against Dolan and the Knicks. I don't really pay attention to Jason Alexander's view of current comedy, don't know why I should care about Oak.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew
 
Joined: August 11, 2005, 4:58 am

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby cheftom » March 14, 2019, 9:04 am

Thing is, Oak is right. The only reason so many fans were enthusiastic about Phil coming on as team president was that Dolan would probably be reluctant to interfere with a guy with 11 rings. KD has to know that if he signs with the Knicks and things don't work out right away, Dolan is too thin skinned to see things thru the criticism. This latest incident shows how sensitive he is. The guy yelled "sell the team". He didn't yell "your mother's a whore". Dolan has a 20 year history of running a dysfunctional organization. That record is not going to be overlooked by free agents.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
User avatar
cheftom
 
Joined: April 4, 2007, 3:48 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby Don Che » March 14, 2019, 9:29 am

cheftom wrote:Thing is, Oak is right. The only reason so many fans were enthusiastic about Phil coming on as team president was that Dolan would probably be reluctant to interfere with a guy with 11 rings. KD has to know that if he signs with the Knicks and things don't work out right away, Dolan is too thin skinned to see things thru the criticism. This latest incident shows how sensitive he is. The guy yelled "sell the team". He didn't yell "your mother's a whore". Dolan has a 20 year history of running a dysfunctional organization. That record is not going to be overlooked by free agents.



very true...but I dont think Dolan intervenes with basketball decisions currently..thats on Mills and Perry 100% from what I gather...wouldnt be surprised if FA's dont even meet Dolan till after they sign
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby gradyandrew » March 14, 2019, 10:17 am

I own my own business too, if anyone every said that to me, I'd also tell them to gtfo. I can't imagine any employee respecting me if I didn't.
This is a FAN page that relies on its members for content and commentary. So don't be a lurker, be a POSTER, even if it's just a picture of a fat guy eating a hamburger.
gradyandrew
 
Joined: August 11, 2005, 4:58 am

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby Don Che » March 14, 2019, 10:23 am

that may be true in different industries but athletes/owners/coaches get paid a lot of money for the brand of basketball and kicking a fan out for such a small thing hurts the brand...Fans is where your money comes from and if the fan isnt doing anything physically inappropriate nor verbally abusive...kicking him out just shows how sensitive he is.
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby cheftom » March 14, 2019, 11:24 am

gradyandrew wrote:I own my own business too, if anyone every said that to me, I'd also tell them to gtfo. I can't imagine any employee respecting me if I didn't.


To me the fan was expressing his dissatisfaction with the product he is paying for. Is the product or service you provide comparable in quality to the product Dolan is selling us?

This is professional sports. They cheer when you win and boo when you lose. If he can't handle that, he should sell the team.

"Sell the team" is so innocuous that his overreaction just shows that he has not matured over the years. If I were a free agent I would not trust him to now suddenly run a stable organization. I think KP is a diva, but how many coach and roster changes has this team made? And why should he or any other free agent believe that the constant turnover has actually stopped. The only stability on this club is among the security detail and the toadies ;) .

I'm still a fan because I remember the championship years and the Ewing era. The brand has a lot more good will with me to set against the frustration of the last 20 years. There has been little to cheer for since Dolan took over. When there is, they fuck it up.

I am near done with them after about 50 years as a fan.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
User avatar
cheftom
 
Joined: April 4, 2007, 3:48 pm

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby StevoStarks » March 14, 2019, 1:25 pm

Stay patient. Put the good energy out there, but don't dwell on KD to the Knicks. Just believe.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
User avatar
StevoStarks
Writer
 
Joined: September 30, 2003, 2:37 pm
Location: El Lay

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby Don Che » March 15, 2019, 11:03 am

i really dont know why he'd come here outside of money and boredom.....but I dont see why GS wouldnt max him which would be more than what we could offer.

Klay will take a financial hit..a.nd they'll let Dray walk when he's up
User avatar
Don Che
 
Joined: September 23, 2007, 4:53 pm
Location: Queens

Re: KD watch 2019?

Postby StevoStarks » March 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

Don Che wrote:i really dont know why he'd come here outside of money and boredom.....but I dont see why GS wouldnt max him which would be more than what we could offer.

Klay will take a financial hit..a.nd they'll let Dray walk when he's up


It's Durant's last run before he retires and he recently said he doesn't want to be defined by basketball. So what better place to jumpstart the next step in your career than NY? You could argue LA, but why come share the town with Lebron? He could be the Chris Walken, King of New York, of New York.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
User avatar
StevoStarks
Writer
 
Joined: September 30, 2003, 2:37 pm
Location: El Lay

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests