Kevin Knox's pre draft scouting report from Draft Express

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Kevin Knox's pre draft scouting report from Draft Express

Postby sspinel1 » February 12, 2019, 11:20 am

Motor is very up and down. Looks uninterested on the floor. Doesn't always sit down and defend. Floats on the perimeter offensively. Needs to play with a high motor, defend, rebound and fly around to be considered a legitimate first-round caliber NBA prospect. -High handle. Not going to create or play out of ball screens. Best at the four when he can attack via straight line drives in space. -Very loose, inconsistent shooting mechanics. Balance comes and goes. Brings the ball down to his shoulder right before going into his release. Has good wrist action and rotation but is far too loose. Lifetime 25.8 3P% on 89 attempts. -Shows very little positive or negative emotion on the floor. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kevin-Knox-90053/ ©DraftExpress

Sound familiar?
sspinel1

Re: Kevin Knox's pre draft scouting report from Draft Express

Postby KRL » February 12, 2019, 1:00 pm

Not concerned, he's a teenager who still has the body of a boy. Let me see him after going through
an off-season with the strength coach. His FG% is poor because he can't finish with strength at the
basket
KRL

Postby sspinel1 » February 12, 2019, 5:03 pm

He was 25.8% on three point attempts while at Kentucky. That had nothing to do not being strong enough to finish around the basket. I truly hope you are right and that he develops into the player we want him to be. Nobody wants to see him or Ntilikina fail.
sspinel1

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 5:23 pm

Kevin Knox told the media: "you're not a real New Yorker if you are rooting for us to tank or lose"!! hahahaha this 19 year old is going to tell us who'se a real New Yorker?? and the tank commander, the single guy most responsible for winning 2 games in 32 admits he's not tanking?? WOW!! he's absolutly horrible!! but he want to blame Kadeem Allen, and everyone else ??

fck this kid, DSJ has played GREAT!! he's 20, but he gets slammed but baby-Kev gets a pass. Fck this guy, he stinks, and will sink Fiz'ds ship if he sticks with him like he's his son'. :arrow:

How about winning a game before opening :hammer: your big mouth?? he's sensitive because the fans and media have shown no mercy to HIM!! :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 12, 2019, 5:48 pm

thewatcher wrote:Kevin Knox told the media: "you're not a real New Yorker if you are rooting for us to tank or lose"!! hahahaha this 19 year old is going to tell us who'se a real New Yorker?? and the tank commander, the single guy most responsible for winning 2 games in 32 admits he's not tanking?? WOW!! he's absolutly horrible!! but he want to blame Kadeem Allen, and everyone else ??

fck this kid, DSJ has played GREAT!! he's 20, but he gets slammed but baby-Kev gets a pass. Fck this guy, he stinks, and will sink Fiz'ds ship if he sticks with him like he's his son'. :arrow:

How about winning a game before opening :hammer: your big mouth?? he's sensitive because the fans and media have shown no mercy to HIM!! :LOL:

Relax.... Everyone in the Knicks organization is lying to the media. He cant say "yeah were tanking."
Koopa Troopa

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 5:51 pm

LOLOL if only that was true Koop, no he wants us to root for him and not for Zion Williamson. It's all about Kev, he reminds me of Kobe, can you imagine what he would say if he was half way decent? no he's sensitive, not made for NY.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 12, 2019, 5:58 pm

thewatcher wrote:LOLOL if only that was true Koop, no he wants us to root for him and not for Zion Williamson. It's all about Kev, he reminds me of Kobe, can you imagine what he would say if he was half way decent? no he's sensitive, not made for NY.

Are we talking about the same guy? :?

Knox seems like a good teammate. Hes not a ball hog. He definitely isnt making everything about him... Where are you getting that? :?

You are putting that one statement too harshly under the microscope. Hes a kid. Hes just making shit up when they ask him stuff cause he cant tell the truth.
Koopa Troopa

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 6:07 pm

Koop there were two instances that Allen didn't pass the ball to him and Knox threw his hands up in frustration. He demonstratively showed up Allen, for no other reason than he could. Yeah the d-leaguer is at the bottom of the pecking order anKnox acted like a baby-clown. You understand that like ANY lottery pick he has big plans and wants it all! but he was left off the rookie team, and only added as a replacement? that's a huge slap to baby Knox's ego because you have to be really bad to be left off that scrub-squad, coupled with playing really badly on the worst team in the league? and he tells us who is a New Yorker? where is he from? nah dude he's sensitive to the criticism, and he sucks,. it's not going to go well.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby big_j_NY » February 12, 2019, 6:12 pm

Watcher is just mad at Knox 'cuz kid couldn't lead this team out of the TANK SWEEPSTAKES early on the season when he was the only person predicted playoffs for this squad

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
#EmbraceTheTankPERIOD

NO LONGER #InPorzingisWeTrust

Hassan Whiteside wrote:I'm just tryin...tryin 2 really get my NBA 2K rating up
big_j_NY

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 6:20 pm

hahaha BigJ, true!!! but now I'm full tank ahead, but according to baby-Knox, aka the Alamo, that means I'm not a New Yorker. :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 12, 2019, 6:42 pm

thewatcher wrote:Koop there were two instances that Allen didn't pass the ball to him and Knox threw his hands up in frustration. He demonstratively showed up Allen, for no other reason than he could. Yeah the d-leaguer is at the bottom of the pecking order anKnox acted like a baby-clown. You understand that like ANY lottery pick he has big plans and wants it all! but he was left off the rookie team, and only added as a replacement? that's a huge slap to baby Knox's ego because you have to be really bad to be left off that scrub-squad, coupled with playing really badly on the worst team in the league? and he tells us who is a New Yorker? where is he from? nah dude he's sensitive to the criticism, and he sucks,. it's not going to go well.

It happens. Knox isnt the first guy to do that. Even superstars with rings have gotten upset they didnt get a pass when they were open. Knox is literally a kid. Hes not a man yet. All he knew his whole life so far was AAU, half a year of college and now hes on the Knicks. Give him a break. Its Fiz's job to actually mold him into a man.
Koopa Troopa

Postby StevoStarks » February 12, 2019, 6:43 pm

I love this kid and have been impressed with his development this season. He’s working his ass off and has a bright future in this league and with the team.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 6:46 pm

Superstar s have earned the right to be like that, Kev hasn't, but otherwise I agree, we have a lot invested in him, hoping for the best.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 6:47 pm

StevoStarks wrote:I love this kid and have been impressed with his development this season. He’s working his ass off and has a bright future in this league and with the team.
really, I haven't seen much progress, but time will tell No disrespect, but I'm going to stick with my read, he sucks and is sensitive, just hope Im wrong.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby cragganmor » February 12, 2019, 7:02 pm

a teenager is a teenager... i do have a quibble about his minutes, 28.5 mpg is kinda high for someone struggling with consistency; i'd think 20 mpg would be plenty for him to play through mistakes while not forcing him to juggle for too long, beyond his depth.
cragganmor

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 7:04 pm

Cragg I agree!!! just sends a better message. And Cragg you watched Walt Fraiser and Willis Reed live, !! you're a real Knick fan even if you are pro-tank!! :LOL:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby Koopa Troopa » February 12, 2019, 7:08 pm

In terms of his development.....For one he learned what a pump fake is. :laugh:

He struggles with always playing at one speed. When he goes to the hoop its always 100 percent horsepower used. Sometimes you gotta chill out. Gotta give the D different looks. You see this a ton with all the young players.

Its why Jordan is already helping Mitch... Mitch no longer biting on headfakes all day and waiting for the play to come to him.
Koopa Troopa

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 7:18 pm

Nothing would make me happier than him improving. I know he will get physically stronger which will help on his defense which isn't NBA calliber at the moment.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby thewatcher » February 12, 2019, 7:28 pm

Once again, we've won 2 games in 30 since he was made a starter. What is he talking about?? win one first
n8 the gr8 wrote:
thewatcher

Postby StevoStarks » February 12, 2019, 7:50 pm

Seriously guys, we’re rebuilding and letting the kids play and we’re worried that Knox is playing too many? Huh? Don’t we want Frank to get the same kind of leash? Knox is going to learn so much this season. Of course there are so many things for him to improve on, but in game experience is going to help him immensely.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
StevoStarks
Writer

Next

Return to New York Knicks