2019 NYKFP Mock free agency competition

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Vucevic is going for 4 more years with the magic at 25mil per. Very good deal for a 28yo All-Star. He just really wanted to keep a stable life so his priority was to stay not money... why can’t we have those here?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

spree#8 wrote: Those are guesses, not wishes.
:drunk:
Randle in the Rafters
spree#8
Likes given: 540

If I kept track of all the moves, only Kawhi and Cousins haven't committed yet. That was quick! I'll start counting later today, although nothing is official till July 6, so we have to be beware that some surprises could still happen...
#knickstape
Greenie
Likes given: 57

Greenie wrote:Tier 1
Leonard - Clippers
Durant - Warriors
Thompson - Warriors
Irving - Brooklyn
Butler - Philly
Walker - Boston

Tier 2
Harris - Brooklyn
Middleton - Bucks
Horford - ATL
Millsap - Denver
Cousins - Kings(I know)
Vucevic - Orlando
Randle - Clippers
Porzingis (restricted) - Dallas
Brogdon (restricted) - Knicks
Russell (restricted) - Pelicans

Tier 3
Rozier (restricted) - Lakers
Bogdanovic - Indy
Valanciunas - Memphis
Jordan - Lakers
Redick - Philly
Barnes - Kings
Lamb - Dallas
Portis (restricted) - Wiz

Welp
spree#8

With only Leonard (3 points) and Cousins (2) left, we also only have two participants left, who can win this thing. CommonSense has so far 24 points accumulated (if all deals go through as expected), while Grady and me, myself and I lie in second place with 22 points each. But, because Common and I have made the same picks for Leonard (LAC) and Cousins (GSW), I can't reach him anymore, while Grady still has a(n) (outside) chance with his picks of Leonard staying in TOR and Cousins going to NY. So if Leonard stays and Cousins leaves GS for a team not named Knicks, Grady will overcome Common.

The field has so far the following points:
Newly 18
Rusty, Rebound and Greenie 17
#knickstape
CommonSense
Likes given: 13

spree#8 wrote:With only Leonard (3 points) and Cousins (2) left, we also only have two participants left, who can win this thing. CommonSense has so far 24 points accumulated (if all deals go through as expected), while Grady and me, myself and I lie in second place with 22 points each. But, because Common and I have made the same picks for Leonard (LAC) and Cousins (GSW), I can't reach him anymore, while Grady still has a(n) (outside) chance with his picks of Leonard staying in TOR and Cousins going to NY. So if Leonard stays and Cousins leaves GS for a team not named Knicks, Grady will overcome Common.

Newly 18
:LOL: Not sure if this is the offseason I'm going to want to rep forever, but I'll take it. Pretty sure my "everyone stays" Tier 3 totally bombed, so it must have been my ultimate pessimism choice of going with KD to Brooklyn that put me ahead. That said, it'd be cool to see Kawhi stay in Toronto, so I'm good either way!
The future ain't what it used to be~Yogi Berra

Inaugural 2019 NYKFP Mock Free Agency Competition Champion :drunk:
gradyandrew

spree#8 wrote:With only Leonard (3 points) and Cousins (2) left, we also only have two participants left, who can win this thing. CommonSense has so far 24 points accumulated (if all deals go through as expected), while Grady and me, myself and I lie in second place with 22 points each. But, because Common and I have made the same picks for Leonard (LAC) and Cousins (GSW), I can't reach him anymore, while Grady still has a(n) (outside) chance with his picks of Leonard staying in TOR and Cousins going to NY. So if Leonard stays and Cousins leaves GS for a team not named Knicks, Grady will overcome Common.

Newly 18
I like my chances!
I feel like me and Masai are all in here.
Randle in the Rafters
gradyandrew

After reviewing my picks its hard to believe that theres even a chance. This season has to be the return of the sign and trade right?
Randle in the Rafters
spree#8

So, with Kawhi going to the Clippers, we have a champion: congrats to CommonSense!
#knickstape
CommonSense
Likes given: 13

spree#8 wrote:So, with Kawhi going to the Clippers, we have a champion: congrats to CommonSense!
:drunk: Thanks for putting this together Spree, definitely a cool new way of adding to the Summer. Even when the FA bonanza isn’t as crazy, I hope we keep this up. Don’t think I did great, but I’ll take it as I’ve been here since 2005 and never won anything (including those NFL pick-ems we used to do, I remember getting 2nd bc the Steelers beat Seattle in the Super Bowl like 10+ years ago ha)
The future ain't what it used to be~Yogi Berra

Inaugural 2019 NYKFP Mock Free Agency Competition Champion :drunk:
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Congrats!! Very nice game, spree, thx for the organization
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion