Fizdale sucks

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1141

Relatively speaking.
If you are a fan of basketball, watch the Brooklyn Nets. Russell is their only "star" player the rest of it is Atkins beautiful system play. They dominated a team stacked with 3 allstars.

Hopefully the Knicks get allstars that can make up for a lack of a system otherwise they will be humiliated far more than the Sixers.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

Yes?

3 seasons ago Kenny led the Nets to the worst record in their teams history. You would have made the same post about him. Give Fiz a chance.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

You're still salty that your thread from last summer NEVER CAME TRUE

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40250

H20, myself and many others already warned everyone (including you) that this season WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A TANK SEASON, NO MATTER WHAT

Eff outta here with this thread........I'm not even gonna tell you to Embrace The Tank, since you clearly didn't last summer, rebound.

#EMBRACEREALITY
taowave
Likes given: 844

Im on the fence on this one
Yeah,he seems to be able to develop young talent,but overall,he appeared absolutely lost this year.

When Ellenson joined and was asked how long it would take to feel comfortable,he said immediately as the team only ran two set plays..
DrJ6

taowave wrote: When Ellenson joined and was asked how long it would take to feel comfortable,he said immediately as the team only ran two set plays..
Good one.
"Tom Thibodeau had a great saying about our teams in New York: 'Maybe beaten, never out-competed.'"
gradyandrew

Koopa Troopa wrote:Yes?

3 seasons ago Kenny led the Nets to the worst record in their teams history. You would have made the same post about him. Give Fiz a chance.
Difference being Knicks have their pick. I firmly believe Fiz was putting bad lineups out there to lose.
Randle in the Rafters
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

gradyandrew wrote: Difference being Knicks have their pick. I firmly believe Fiz was putting bad lineups out there to lose.
reub

Deleted due to lack of interest
Last edited by reub on April 16th, 2019, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
gradyandrew

big j, this might be one of the first times on this page that we're on the same side. :LOL:
Randle in the Rafters
taowave

Looks like Fiz giving Zo the Green light wasn't a big hit with everyone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... sdain/amp/
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

Main downers were Burke and THJ, both out. Not an issue anymore :arrow:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

this thread is fucking stupid

rebound, you're better than this shit. Kenny atkinson won 20 games with the nets in his first year. 28 last year. Where was all of the nets love then? They win one damn playoff game and now i gotta want to be the Nets?

Give Fiz 3 years with a decently continuous roster and see how things work out. He's had one year with a bunch of children in a tank season. What was Kenny's excuse for a 20 win season? They didn't even HAVE their draft pick that year to tank for. fuck outta here!
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
taowave

Ok,let's not make believe that Fix intentionally tanked.Convenient excuse,but purely fictional.

Secondly,Fix had vets and nobody predicted we would suck this bad.17 wins???

Kanter is Kanter,but he seems to be holding down the fort in Rip City..

Hardaway was decent.Spree will back me up :)

Don't know what Fix did to Burke and Frank.. Von played well,as did Mud.He had Smith and Jordan..We still sucked,and Fix gets the blame,despite the intentional tanking theory..

Oh,and Atkison was 18 percent better than Fiz..
H20Knick

taowave wrote:Ok,let's not make believe that Fix intentionally tanked.Convenient excuse,but purely fictional.

Secondly,Fix had vets and nobody predicted we would suck this bad.17 wins???

Kanter is Kanter,but he seems to be holding down the fort in Rip City..

Hardaway was decent.Spree will back me up :)

Don't know what Fix did to Burke and Frank.. Von played well,as did Mud.He had Smith and Jordan..We still sucked,and Fix gets the blame,despite the intentional tanking theory..

Oh,and Atkison was 18 percent better than Fiz..
no one thought porzingis wouldn't play the entire season except everyone who wanted to see this team tank themselves into the shitter. If he comes back in december/january and plays the rest of the season, this team would've probably met projections and tallied 25-30 wins as expected. Also, no one expected THJ to come plop down 39% from the floor and 35% from 3 with a DBPM of -3.0. Mavericks up until the trade? 23-27. After the trade 10-21. Fuck THJ's bum ass.

And Fizdale was giving Enes limited minutes and DNPs the same way DeAndre finished with limited minutes and DNPs... to let Mitch and Kornet play. Because the season was about development and finding out who was worth keeping... not about meaningless wins.
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Fiz was bad,I dont think there is any way around it....

We,as in you and I should have known full well that Thj was going to mean revert :happy:

Fiz looked like an assistant coach in charge of player development....

Im not saying he sucks,I am saying he sucked this year...
H20Knick

I highly doubt anyone spent more time rallying against Spree's Pro-THJ campaign than I did.

I just don't have a problem with how Fiz developed his players. I can absolutely see how some of you do, but I don't. When Hornacek benched anybody anytime they fucked up and made them sit behind Jarrett Jack, I was really, really annoyed. So I didn't have any problem with Fiz letting the kids just play and stay on the court without fear of a leash. Yes, I acknowledge that this can lead to a guy like Knox believing that he can get away with playing no defense, but I also like that Knox also knows what's physically necessary to play a ton of minutes over an 82 game season. For a guy with motor issues, I think that's valuable for him, and I think it's equally valuable that his April was the best month he had from rebis, assists, and DRTG (outside of 3 games in october). It's a good way to end the season.

I really like that Fiz gave Mudiay the green light chance to show what he has to offer. There's a lot of money on the line in the decision to bring Mudiay or back, and now I think we can all decide that the answer is that we shouldn't. We would've never known this without Mudiay getting all the opportunities he got. It was a whole lot better than bringing in some vet PG who would've played better and maybe even helped the other guys, but at the expense of wins. And I think Fiz's confidence in Mudiay really did help the kid, who couldn't be feeling great about the way his Denver tenure ended. This wasn't player development as much as it was talent evaluation, but it's really equally important in terms of how we use our money. It's how you avoid another THJ

Mitch was the one bright spot on the year and it took Fiz demoting Enes to do it. Enes is a good player and I really liked him, but again, this was about the future and Fiz made the right call here, whereas a lot of coaches (fucking jeff hornacek) would've ridden his vets to try to squeeze out more wins.

Everyone is talking today about Trier being given too much of a green light, but his TS% was 56.4%, higher than any perimeter player on the team outside of Kadeem Allen. His usage% was lower than THJs, Mudiay's, and Knox's, so I don't even understand where that bs is coming from except for a bunch of haters mad that trier is the team's best perimeter scorer and doesn't want to give the ball to pass up his shots for a bunch of inferior scorers who have zero problem looking for their own.

But again, im going to overemphasize again and again that this is the first season where the team made it from start to finish with no drama in ages. This doesn't happen with the Knicks. This certainly doesn't happen with the Knicks when they arent winning. Fiz came in with a strategy to focus on the young guys, stuck to it, handled the Kanter situation in the media without saying dumb shit the way most of our past coaches did, didn't throw anyone under the bus. He helped change the culture despite having a bunch of contract year guys and young kids desperate to prove themselves in the league. When your goal is to lure free agents in the offseason, this cant at all be overstated. The guy even opened the doors to old vets to come back and re-associate with the team. Pro basketball is about a whole lot more than Xs and Os. I've seen one coach start players based on their hometowns followed by a coach that went through a sexual harrassment trial, followed by a coach that benched his best point guard in favor of chris duhon, called his lottery pick a "bad rookie", and tried to put melo in a corner, followed by a coach that was actually somewhat successful but no one outside of a small handful of people give credit to, followed by a coach who literally skipped practice to go be trey songz to matt barnes's baby mama, to someone who said fuck player development to save his job riding the back of jarrett jack and helped start the kristaps rift in the first place.

But yeah, let's complain about david fizdale winning 17 games with the league's 2nd youngest roster and not a single guy on the roster who could start on any playoff team.
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

I do recognise you as the Anti Hardaway..Even I got sucked into his fast start...

17 wins was apx half of what I projected,so I have to hold Fiz accountable..

I don't get his love for Mudiay....

I like Trier,but it was painfully obvious he needed to be reigned in...

I like a good tank as much as the next guy,but Bud was my guy
H20Knick

taowave wrote:I do recognise you as the Anti Hardaway..Even I got sucked into his fast start...

17 wins was apx half of what I projected,so I have to hold Fiz accountable..

I don't get his love for Mudiay....

I like Trier,but it was painfully obvious he needed to be reigned in...

I like a good tank as much as the next guy,but Bud was my guy
and which member of Bud's 17-18 24 win Hawks team is a markedly better player because he developed them? Nobody. The one guy you'd look at year-to-year and say LOOK AT THE IMPROVEMENT is John Collins who is way better this year, but his last 3 months of his Bud season made up his 3 worst ORtg months and included his worst DRtg month of the year. He's arguably better this year because he's getting more minutes and he has a coach that has given up the green light. The only player Bud can really take any credit for developing is Dennis Schroeder, who was a rookie in Bud's first year. Bud took Schroder from afterthought to a 19/6 guy... but that 19/6 guy was taking 17 shots per game on awful percentages that would shoot holes right through anyone trying to argue that Budenholzer would reign Mud or Trier in.

I like Bud. If we were hiring a coach for our 41 win team, I'd be all in on Bud. But let bud go be happy coaching a team that fits him and let Fiz use his contacts and reputation as someone the players like to lure in durant and kyrie and tank our way to zion.
In Thibs we trust.

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Agreed, this thread is stupid.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
taowave

I agreed Fiz is a decent development guy but he SUCKED as a coach this year. Horrendous..You are confusing developmental staff with being a good head coach...

17 wins is no small feat

Im really impressed

H20Knick wrote:
and which member of Bud's 17-18 24 win Hawks team is a markedly better player because he developed them? Nobody. The one guy you'd look at year-to-year and say LOOK AT THE IMPROVEMENT is John Collins who is way better this year, but his last 3 months of his Bud season made up his 3 worst ORtg months and included his worst DRtg month of the year. He's arguably better this year because he's getting more minutes and he has a coach that has given up the green light. The only player Bud can really take any credit for developing is Dennis Schroeder, who was a rookie in Bud's first year. Bud took Schroder from afterthought to a 19/6 guy... but that 19/6 guy was taking 17 shots per game on awful percentages that would shoot holes right through anyone trying to argue that Budenholzer would reign Mud or Trier in.

I like Bud. If we were hiring a coach for our 41 win team, I'd be all in on Bud. But let bud go be happy coaching a team that fits him and let Fiz use his contacts and reputation as someone the players like to lure in durant and kyrie and tank our way to zion.