What is the one thing you expect from Fizz?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

Defense
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Love the concision :LOL:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

you did ask for one thing though :happy:

I expect 4 things:
1. Yes defense. EFFORT!! Minimize bad lineups (kanter, Knox and Hezon might be shaky) all our guys are young, no Jared Jacks out there, consider full court pressing.
2 share the ball in a good offensive system, limit bad shots by Tim and Emmanuel, make the extra pass (and RUN like you stole it!! :LOL: )
3 Player development. Get into the nut -job heads of Mudiay and Tim and get them right. If he maximizes each of our young guys potential, and they grow according to their time-lines (Nickilita is 20 and still growing for christ's sake), if he get's the guys to believe in themselves as a team, then we make the playoffs without KP.
$ Playoffs :drunk:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Exactly which starters will lead the Defense?

Kanter?
Mario?
Knox?
Hardaway?
Burke?

Maybe Frank and Vonieh start?

Minkaveli wrote:Defense
Don Che
Likes given: 9

yeh preaching/teaching defense doesnt mean much unless youhave high IQ defensive minded players.

Noah/Frank/Lee are the only players that fit that build. We need a lot more players that have that mindset.

Mitchell has all the tools and fight but is far from the IQ

everyone else...lacks either desire or physical tools to make an impact on defense.

Fizz only controls this 1 thing....who plays. And yes he better play Frank but if he plays Noah and Lee guys here would flip(i'd be ok with it but more because I dont see Kanter/Tim as future pieces to build with...them getting theres is a waste of time IMO)
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Just a guess, but Kanter, vonleh, Knox, THJ and Frank start. Luke, Mario, Lee and Trey are reserves. MRob gets short, regular mins as he learns how to best use his talents.
Don Che

I could see that Cragg...could also see Mario taking Vonleh's spot and really spread it out.

gonna be weird when KP is back since KP/Knox/Mario argueably are all 4's in one space or another.....in another sense you could say they could all play together.
Championship 16/17
Likes given: 0

Don Che wrote:(i'd be ok with it but more because I dont see Kanter/Tim as future pieces to build with...them getting theres is a waste of time IMO)
You just stirred up a hornets nest, but I agree.
Don Che

i mean...Kanter doesnt defend/pass at a high enough level to be in our future plans unless hes a 6-8 mill per 7th rotation type guy.

While we are bad now and yes they are starters and productive in their own right but on great teams...where does Kanter fit?

Tim is a 6th man and thats when he's normal....similar to JR smith actually but when he goes into ruts hes a D Leaguer and thats been discussed a thousand times so lets just say I take that out of my frame of mind. Lets say his normal numbers is who he is all the time....ill ask a simple question

do you feel Tim has the talent to slowdown Harden/Klay/Tatum or Brown/Derozan/Beal on the defensive end?

do you feel Tim has the talent to outscore those guys?

and i dont mean just today...i mean talent even future projection. While Tim can play....i just dont see a yes for either of those questions.

Knox isnt perfect..ive been very critical of his game before he was our guy....but tools...talent...those things I never questioned. Knox has a ton of talent that if applied can be as good as he wants to be. Frank on offense sucks...but i think he can stop great PG's in time and maybe become a serviceable offensie player int he process but talent wise and out the box...I can see him forcing Russell Westbrook into shooting 30 shots and going nuts..i see him annoying Kyrie and letting him settle for long 2's.

Kanter/Tim are good guys but off pure talent/tools/asking price...I'd rather showcase them pitch them to middle pack teams even if it means MORE losses this year...its not like Kanter/Tim are taking us to the top 4 teams in the conference anyway. I'm open to being wrong...Tim can roll up and be a 22/5/5 guy and I'll own that and be thrilled to see it. Kanter can be a double double guy and defend better...and I'll change my mind but based on what ive seen...i doubt it.

I just want Fiz/Perry/Mills to focus on the culture and building for the future until the young core prove they are a playoff team on their own. Hold them accountable and keep your eye on the prize.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I don't think Kanters a bad player. I just know what he is. Kanter is the type of player where if he never got older and guys like Robinson was in his prime, Knox got to his prime and KP was in his prime could step in as your best big off the bench and hed be very useful and we'd probably be a good team too. But he's just too mature for this team, makes too much and is actually too good for this current team not to start, which at the same time stands in the way of our other young big men's development. At least beyond this up coming season. You could argue that Robinson is far removed from being effective anyway and needs a full year regardless of Kanter but I'm just saying that in 2019, Kanter needs to be elsewhere
Don Che

agreed 100%

I just want us to do what the Celtics would do.

they run an organization completely independent of pressure in a big market. can you imagine us trading a top 5 MVP candidate because of injuries and looming FA?

what about Pierce? would we handle that the same way? They traded 2 guys who got them rings knowing dam well they were over and rebooting the smartest way possible.

they hired Brad Stevens because Ainge knew he could couch...didnt give a dam about what SAS said or what the NBA community said...they simply do whats best for the franchise based on whats happening in the NBA at that moment.

I want Fiz to coach and do the best he can to develop young talent. I want Perry/Mills to get smart and rid of the guys that dont fit...hell even if we see KP struggle in recovery or hes a diva with his contract....trade him for the farm for another team....Tim gets hot and can rid that contract? do it...Kanter killing our tank? trade him.

We need management to focus on the culture and organization of the New York Knicks and nothing else. If you cant win big now...trade all assets and aim to kill later and trust your scouting/coaching staff and back them 100000% unless they specifically think Fizz is an idiot not because "we" think he is. Fizz is here to develop and let him guide the ship from its foundation and if a player dont fall in line...he gotta go(unless its the second coming of Lebron James)
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Development from within.
#knickstape
cragganmor

Agree. We went all out scooping up talent, time to develop them and get them to mesh, make something we can build on.
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:Mitchell has all the tools and fight but is far from the IQ
This may be a common theme among the majority of the roster, unfortunately.
#TeamTank
gradyandrew

Line-up experimentation. Fiz was supposedly the guy behind the heats decision to stop playing Joel Anthony and just go with their 5 best guys. Hopefully we'll see some of this next season, even if it means some dual center lineups with the trio of Kanter, Noah, and Mitchell.
Randle in the Rafters
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

I expect him to do what he said right away and play Mudiay early in the season. The only way he can do this to go with the trey-frank dual pg backcourt line up.

No way will mudiay be able to play in front of Trey and so the best way to do this is:

Trey / Mudiay
Frank / THJ
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
gradyandrew

Yeah, until I see some improvement in Franks handle, I just don't see him as a starting point guard. He's like the anti-Kyrie. That's why I hope Fiz is willing to just play our best players, even if it means that Trey, Thj, Frank, Knox, and Kanter. Just throw those guys out there and see if we can build something special and unique.
Randle in the Rafters
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

^ what an interesting line up. Frank can be our stand around 3 and D point forward. Kid is still growing and yes, his vision and passing will be good for this sf position. He is long and athletic enough to help block some shots and carom some rebis.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
cragganmor

gradyandrew wrote:Line-up experimentation. Fiz was supposedly the guy behind the heats decision to stop playing Joel Anthony and just go with their 5 best guys. Hopefully we'll see some of this next season, even if it means some dual center lineups with the trio of Kanter, Noah, and Mitchell.
Yep, we're loaded with youth, length and athleticism; we should lead with that. Expect us to show flashes of brilliance, but inconsistency, too. Fiz is a player development coach, so let him do his thing.
shakespeare

Coach Fizdale isn’t effing around
#TeamTank