2018-2019 Tank er, Rebuild

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1104

ugh this team is going to be so much better than projected.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave
Likes given: 817

He's Barkley-esque with LeBron athleticism,Shaq-like size.

6'7",285,40"+ vertical,6'10" wingspan.

Worst comes to worse,he will make one hell of a tight end
cragganmor wrote:Zion is THE freak athlete of this draft; nobody with his speed, strength, hops. He needs to show upside on his skills: shooting, passing, dribbling, defense. Right now he projects kinda like Barkley, an undersized pf, but needs to fill out his game to be a winner.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

he has a high floor skill wise. Handle had ability...passing has ability just lacks polish.

im really a big Zion fan so far. Like his motor..like that he attacks to kill.

and ppl will say barkley and LJ but.......................Zion is a better athlete and better handle in that stage.

if he finds a way to shoot and go right. He may end up being my favorite player to watch.

if he still looks like this in a month ......sit KP all year...lose every dam game possible lol

30/11/3 so far against weak teams.

but 22/10/4 (just guessing) for the year would still be insane because no matter what he does in college.

his game is made for the NBA...similar to Knox maybe even moreso since he can rebound/handle it/pass it/finish it like no other player ive seen in 10 years.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

I think once Zion's handles and shooting ability are finally refined, the Barkley/Grand Mama comparisons will stop.............and the Lebron/Ben Simmons comparisons will begin.

Only reason he is getting the Barkley/LJ comparisons are due to the fact that he is already INCREDIBLE in the areas where Barkley/LJ thrived during the early parts of their careers WHILE he is still RAW in the areas that would allow him to play on the wing.
Don Che

only thing that concerns me is usually guys in that build get some form of bad injuries as they get older and if zion isnt jumping and running like a demi god like he is now. not sure what hes gonna do.

leaner built athletes tend to age better.
taowave

Just out of curiosity,which guys built like Tanks are you referring to?

Off the top of my head,I'm thinking Shaq, Barkley,Bron,Larry Johnson,Mailman,Wilt,Tractor Trailer...and our very own pork chop,Eddy Curry..

I don't see many of those guys having major injury issues other than LJ..
taowave

On another note,how many teams in the league have more young top 10 first round picks on their squad than us??

Vonieh
Mudiay
Frank
KP
Mario
Burke
Kanter
Knox
JJ
Likes given: 0

Too bad O'Quinn left. Mitchell Robinson, Knox, Burke and hopefully Mudiay and Ntilikina should be pretty solid this upcoming season. Just don't want to get too excited yet but it can't be helped.
What to do with Noah now...
Chief: Well, McGonigle, Billy is dead. They slit his throat from ear to ear.

McGonigle: Hey! I'm trying to eat lunch here.
gradyandrew

KOQ didn't want to be part of the tank. He probably knows a lot more about what's going on than we do so anyone who is getting their hopes up, be forewarned.
Randle in the Rafters
shakespeare

Finding a new team for the “Infuriated New York Knicks fan” https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.postin ... knicks-fan
Must be two different types of Knick fans.

Personally, I love where this franchise is headed.
#TeamTank
Don Che

agreed if you dont see the difference btwn the Zeke years to the Phil and on years and even more so this split second I really have nothing to say to them....they should follow other teams
taowave

Zeke =Phil

Differing levels/degrees of incompetence,but same net result..

Perry is actually qualified and it shows..or will show....sometime :happy:

Don Che wrote:agreed if you dont see the difference btwn the Zeke years to the Phil and on years and even more so this split second I really have nothing to say to them....they should follow other teams
Don Che

um well yeh we obviously disagree with that...theres too many reasons to break that down and ive said them multiple times
taowave

Repeating the reasons multiple times doesnt make them right :sadno:

Zeke,Gordon Stirling and Phil are the worst GMs in Knick history,going back to 1947.Phil has the dubiuos distinction of setting the all time career low in wins,17,for a single season...

On the bright side,he is the best at changing coaches :thumbsup:

Don Che wrote:um well yeh we obviously disagree with that...theres too many reasons to break that down and ive said them multiple times
Don Che

repeating your view is the same effect.

we both know what we will both say.

that and the Tim/Spree noise are in thr bucket of things not worth discussing. we stand where we stand
taowave

My "view" is a W/L record....I should have been clearer....

LMFAO at the Tim/Spree noise :thumbsup:

Don Che wrote:repeating your view is the same effect.

that and the Tim/Spree noise are in thr bucket of things not worth discussing. we stand where we stand
shakespeare

Don Che wrote:
Haha, so true.
#TeamTank
taowave

nah,I have no idea what excuses,I mean reasons Don will come up with,but he is right, I will ride with the W/L record...

Hopefully Perry and Co. will break the spiral next year...

shakespeare wrote:
Haha, so true.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Just gotta say that we are in the right direction with a young coach, young roster with high talent level.
taowave

Totally agree..Like Perrys moves and if KP comes back strong,we will be playoff bound (next year)with or without a major FA acquisition...

I also like that we appear to he a cohesive unit from the top down and NY may very well be a top level free agent destination..

when was the last time we could say that?

cragganmor wrote:Just gotta say that we are in the right direction with a young coach, young roster with high talent level.