2019 Draft Discussion

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

cragganmor
Likes given: 93

We have 1 first rounder and 3 second round picks this time out.

Let the discussion begin... (but probably not seriously until midseason)
rebound
Likes given: 1102

according to this we only have one 2nd round pick which will most likely end up being houston's and in the late 50s.
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft ... s/detailed

I know very little about the prospects but i like the footage i've seen of the french kid sekou, zion, little, and barrett.
sekou seems like a point forward with a nice touch and athleticism. zion reminds me of julius randle, little of andre igoudala and barrett of kobe.

i'd be surprised if the knicks have a Cinderella story like boston did this season, so I'm expecting a lottery pick.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
cragganmor

My bad, 2021 and 22 picks were lumped in, was skimming. Ok, so we'd better choose wisely :LOL:

That Duke lineup, Barrett and Reddish are impressive, but that Zion Williamson kid is the next Barkley. Dunno if he'll win a title, but he's entertaining as hell.
cragganmor

Check out Digue Diawara, a 6'9" swing with a 7'2" wingspan from France, this is a bit older footage from a year ago, FIBA U18:
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Zion Williamson 285 pounds 6'7
Fxck Adam Silver
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1117

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Zion Williamson 285 pounds 6'7
Literally the new generation Larry Johnson right there
rebound

comparable toblake griffin?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

i was too young to see college larry johnson but Zion is the best explosive athlete ive seen outside of Lebron....they may be the same actually.

just wild that zion is 40 pounds heavier than Lebron was at that age.
rebound

if the knicks are in the 2020 lottery...
cragganmor

The young LJ was athletic, but not take off from the foul line athletic. Zion has set a new peak for hops in a guy his size with that strength, speed. Kinda interested to see with his mass if he can be a brutal screener, roll to the hoop. Just get him going downhill...

Yeah, his weight could be a concern as he ages, also whether he ages gracefully as Don noted. Will he have game without the explosive hops? LJ made the transition but it still wasn't easy.
Don Che

Zion has a year to get a jumper and use his right hand.

and 3 or 4 years to lose 15 pounds

the better he is the more pro tank I am lol
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Now that I see what he is at 285, him at 265 would be scary. Even now he gets up there but it would be even more explosive and fast burst. 265 is still NBA PF weight. I wanna see him box out and play moves. I see him as Milsap on steroids.
Don Che

Don Che

I'm a big reddish fan until I see him defend

on paper Quentin Grimes is basically who this roster needs. plus shooter...passer and solid athlete
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:i was too young to see college larry johnson but Zion is the best explosive athlete ive seen outside of Lebron....they may be the same actually.

just wild that zion is 40 pounds heavier than Lebron was at that age.
Last time I saw him was on that Canadian tour but if he can rebound then you might be saying Charles Barkley, especially if he can shoot. But I cant get over his height. I won't get over his height until hes on another team dunking in Knoxs face but still....I couldn't risk it.

Not with Sekou right there, but really not with Knox and Mitchell sandwiching my already existent star PF. In reality I'm looking for another wing. I'm going Barret, Reddish, Little, Langford. And then I'm gonna play them at SG next to Frank Ntilikina.
nazrmohamed

Don, I'm actually surprised you haven't spoken about Nassir Little yet. Usually you're all over that type of player. Why spend for Butler when you can draft one right there. And probably further along at this point.
cragganmor

I'm ok with anyone in the 1st round so long as it's Zion :LOL:

I gotta mention sleeper picks in the lower 1st or 2nd. My fave is Eric Paschall; he was overshadowed by Brunson, Bridges and DiVincenzo, but it's hard to ignore a versatile 6'6", 7' wingspan player with a championship pedigree. He has legit toughness, athleticism and would fit in Fiz's system. Does the dirty work of winning and a smart team player who will be ready for the NBA after 4 yrs of ncaa.
nazrmohamed

Craggs, you can always be relied on to care more about the sleeper picks than the actual lottery ones. After this draft we just had you have my attention. when it comes to the second round I'm typically all about draft and stash euro or otherwise lottery talent who got bad advice and slipped
Don Che

nazrmohamed wrote:Don, I'm actually surprised you haven't spoken about Nassir Little yet. Usually you're all over that type of player. Why spend for Butler when you can draft one right there. And probably further along at this point.
nassir is a beast and when we talked about "if we are on the board and a SF is the best I'm taking him" I was referencing Little lol

but we need creators and shooters...nassir isnt that ....hes a dog though and wouldn't be mad if we take him

Zion is a generational talent and Barret is a killer and just knows how to dominate in every league hes been in.

Grimes is 6'5 that can shoot it pass it plus has some bounce. reminds me of a young Deron William's but 6'5

I brought up mitchell Robinson early in the draft process and the only person that responded about it was cragg lol
nazrmohamed

You guys really think Zion is generational? Its hard for me at that height and knowing that hes probably a PF. There's stuff you gotta do on the ground BEFORE you jump that matter to me in those roles. It's possible he can but I haven't seen any of it. And I still gotta see a decent jumpshot so for me he's a guy that dunks at the HS and I guess Canadian level.

My opinion could change rapidly with more film though. Frankly we haven't seen anybody in any real setting.