Trey Burke anyone?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

Haha did you see this article with that picture? DD looking gooooooooood :LOL:

https://nypost.com/2018/04/07/it-wasnt- ... icks-eyes/
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

DD has good length and legit NBA strength, good lateral quicks. He's versatile, can play 4 in a pinch, which was the situation vs Miami. Don't think we would pencil him as a starter vs GSW, but it speaks well of his overall game. Keep this kid, keep developing him, he's gonna be a strong rotation player.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

So if you're pegging DD as more of a guard than a 3, then next season is there potential for:

Burke / Ntilikina
Hardaway Jr. / Dotson

This assumes that Lee is traded, Mudiay is out of the rotation and only plays when there's an injury, Jack is long gone, Williams gets more minutes at the 3 and Baker is the 12th man or cut.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Nononsense
Likes given: 0

H20Knick wrote:What SF starting on a good team is 6'6 ? If you look at the top 4 seeds from each conference, the shortest starting SF is 6'7. Most are 6'8

Rockets: Ariza 6'8
Warriors: Durant 6'9
Blazers: Turner 6'7
Jazz: Ingles 6'8

Raptors: Anunoby 6'8
Celtics: Tatum 6'8
76ers: Covington 6'9
Cavaliers: Osman 6'8
Fine. Draft Mikal or Miles Bridges. If we don't land a top 3 pick in the draft lottery (Doncic), the Bridges bros. should both be around when we draft.
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Basketball Sports Spectrum ByJustin Adams Mar 1, 2018

Trey Burke's journey from the G League to the New York Knicks led by his faith in God

As a free agent last summer, Burke was close to signing with the Oklahoma City Thunder, but he decided to take the unusual move to sign with the Knicks’ G League in Westchester, a move he says was inspired through his faith in God.

“I didn’t choose to come here. I really in my heart feel like I heard him [God] telling me to come here,” Burke said to ESPN. “Because I was a free agent and it didn’t make sense in the natural eye because you have these opportunities [to play in the NBA] right now. Why wouldn’t you go to OKC? But it makes sense because I know what type of platform comes with being a New York Knick. … This is the biggest market in the world.”

“I said, ‘I want to go to New York. And I wanted to do that for the Lord, Burke recalled. “… I wanted to come to New York because I feel like this is a city where I can help a lot of people.”
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on April 10th, 2018, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
maxinquaye11

think it’s about belief, faith — faith in my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and playing for something higher than myself. Because like you said, [coming through the G-League] is not easy to do, that’s very rare. But I never gave up, I never stopped — I continued to approach each day like I really wanted it.

“I had lost the passion for basketball in these last couple years. But this summer, I looked myself in the mirror and rededicated my life, my approach changed and I’m playing for something higher and something bigger now — and it’s showing.”

"If I had to do this over again, I would do what I knew to do coming in," he said. "That's living for my Lord and Savior and really being an example to him and not just being out there and clubbing. 

Christian NBA Athlete anyone? :)

Koopa Troopa

maxinquaye11 wrote: think it’s about belief, faith — faith in my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and playing for something higher than myself. Because like you said, [coming through the G-League] is not easy to do, that’s very rare. But I never gave up, I never stopped — I continued to approach each day like I really wanted it.

“I had lost the passion for basketball in these last couple years. But this summer, I looked myself in the mirror and rededicated my life, my approach changed and I’m playing for something higher and something bigger now — and it’s showing.”

"If I had to do this over again, I would do what I knew to do coming in," he said. "That's living for my Lord and Savior and really being an example to him and not just being out there and clubbing. 

Christian NBA Athlete anyone? :)

I thought you were gonna spin this into "and then the Lord said, let there be 2 PG's"
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Nah, that's what max prayed for
StevoStarks

Never forget the God Squad = Houston + Ward
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
maxinquaye11

^ and what a blessed God squad that was.

Good one Koop! I just found this out about Trey and I'm excited that we're the same. Trey's hoops hero was Iverson growing up. These two facts explain a lot.

Trey and Nilly will be awesome. You all can see and just feel it. I cant wait see them play together with KP and our pick.

maxinquaye11

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/trey-bur ... %9F%94%A5/

Knicks future pg Trey Burke scoring, assisting and doing dribbling that can get him anywhere on the court.

Like Hezonja, he chose to be in New York. We dont get alot of that nowadays.

Burke
Frank
Knox
Hezonja
Porzingis/ Robinson

The hell with vets lee, thj, kanter and whoever. Let the young ones get their minutes. Fiz did say that everyone gets a fresh start. I say start the fresh ones

N8theGR8

Meanwhile Frank blows chunks in SL....
TREY IS THE FUTURE. Dump the French fry.
ONCE A KNICK, ALWAYS A KNICK.
StevoStarks

If Burke plays like he did last season and in this video, he should start. Have Frank at the other guard position and let THJ come off the bench. Unless Frank has a bad camp and preseason, maybe he does come off of the bench. Starting Burke with THJ is a bit scary on the defensive end. THJ as 6th man isn’t crazy.

And I keep forgetting Lee and Mudiay are still on the team. Lee and Burke would be solid.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
NewlyKnicked

Lol the guy defending trey is even shorter than him and not even trying. We won’t play the nuggets and IT all the time this season
taowave
Likes given: 844

I was waiting for the French Connection to respond :thumbsup:

Frank is the hopeful,but he needs to prove he is worthy..

Burke played really well last year,bit I would like to see him be more of a facilitator or come off the bench.
NewlyKnicked

Haha you got me.

I want frank to succeed with us, but I also fell in love with trey. He’s not only amazing to see picking defenses apart by himself (there are a thousands better highlights vids than this one), he’s also able to efficiently put his teammates in good spots for the whole team to succeed. He ain’t perfect but he’s been a great pickup for us. Plus, his story is almost movie worth with the guts to go prove himself in GL before showing he’s still got it in the league.
NewlyKnicked

I just don’t see it as a problem of trey OR frank. They have such different skill sets... I think we’d be wise to use both of them to the best of their abilities depending on what we want or even play them together
Don Che

burke played well last year ....my only reason he doesnt start in my mind is defense and while ppl dont really defend anymore ....Burke isnt so insane on offense aka a 20 and 8 guy to warrant that change of pov for me personally.

hes Louis William's not kyrie Irving

great player to have when you have a superstar perimeter player
NYGM
Likes given: 487

taowave wrote:I was waiting for the French Connection to respond :thumbsup:

Frank is the hopeful,but he needs to prove he is worthy..

Burke played really well last year,bit I would like to see him be more of a facilitator or come off the bench.
Frank needs to prove himself in his second season, Trey needs to prove himself in his 5th season..

That being said, I like Trey... No problem with him starting if he earn it in TC..

He can be a real asset starting or coming from the bench with a defined role..
NYGM
Likes given: 487

Don Che wrote:burke played well last year ....my only reason he doesnt start in my mind is defense and while ppl dont really defend anymore ....Burke isnt so insane on offense aka a 20 and 8 guy to warrant that change of pov for me personally.

hes Louis William's not kyrie Irving

great player to have when you have a superstar perimeter player
I know we are not close to be a playoff team but eventually you would need enough defense to win..