2/22/18: New York Knicks @ Orlando Magic (W 120-113)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rtn393
Global Moderator
Likes given: 0

Please post all pre-game predictions, in-game observations, and post-game analysis in this thread, but start separate threads for topics not directly related to the game.

ImageImage

PROJECTED STARTERS

PG: Emmanuel Mudiay vs. D.J. Augustin
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr. vs. Evan Fournier
SF: Courtney Lee vs. Jonathan Simmons
PF: Michael Beasley vs. Aaron Gordon
C: Enes Kanter vs. Nikola Vucevic

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

a must lose game, but i dont like our chances :(
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

The Vooch and Gordon are back, it's in Orlando... That's reason enough for us to keep our streak, don't worry
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
rebound
Likes given: 1104

haven't watched a game in a while. will watch if mudiay is actually starting.
plus troy williams is cleared to play?
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Ari_Ingus

rebound wrote:haven't watched a game in a while. will watch if mudiay is actually starting.
plus troy williams is cleared to play?
Wow! i`m really surprised to see Jack not starting. Didn`t even notice. Looking forward to this game
spree#8
Likes given: 540

H20Knick wrote:a must lose game, but i dont like our chances :(
If Gordon and Vucevic are back, those two plus Fournier and Simmons should be able to outscore Hardaway, Beasley and Kanter, so I only see us winning this game if we see a surprise contributor.
#knickstape
Geolink

Lot of Knicks killers on this Magic team. I’m not too worried.

This is also a Knicks team who lost a 27 point lead at home. So I don’t expect to win another game this season.
Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
H20Knick

im loving this optimism (or is it pessimism?)! keep the tank hope alive fellas! if we lose this game, that'd be HUGE. Pulling hard for BK tonight against charlotte too
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
spree#8
Likes given: 540

H20Knick wrote:im loving this optimism (or is it pessimism?)! keep the tank hope alive fellas! if we lose this game, that'd be HUGE. Pulling hard for BK tonight against charlotte too
Nah, I'm not sure on that one, because I think we are in the race for 9th place against them. I don't see any of the last 8 catching us for now, so I would rather get Charlotte on a little winning streak.
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

I'm torn between winning the next 23 games or losing them
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

frazier and monroe 2pg rollsroyce back court - 1st and only knicks championship

ridiculous max 2pg Felton and Prigioni backcourt - 2nd seed finish in the east

Scott Perry 2pg Mudiay-Ntkilina backcourt - ??

We maybe tanking but at least its coming. The pairing is real. Look for KJ Burke to battle for the starting position because he is the real deal.

we dont really need to tank tog et a high pic. a low pick combined with the 2pg should be enough. I say let's WIN.

:drunk:

#learnfromhistory

what is the status on potential assistant coach Prigioni?
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

taowave wrote:I'm torn between winning the next 23 games or losing them
:clap:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
cheftom

maxinquaye11 wrote:frazier and monroe 2pg rollsroyce back court - 1st and only knicks championship

(snip)

:drunk:

#learnfromhistory
Monroe and Frazier winning the first and ONLY Knicks championship!!! Blasphemy!!! You should be stripped of your Prigioni Knicks jersey

Max, I usually don't beat up on you when you post one of your rants about 2pg systems, but if you are gonna learn from history, first you have to know history!!!

The Knicks won their first championship in 69-70 with Dick Barnett at the Shooting Guard position. No two point guard at all.

It was the 72-73 season that saw Earl the Pearl join Walt in the backcourt and while they played substantial minutes together, Dean Memminger and Dick Barnett combined for about 28 minutes per game playing Shooting guard. That lineup won the second championship for the Knicks

Find the documentary When the Garden was Eden and watch. Really experience the glory years. It will wash away some of the dirty feeling most of us get from rooting for the shitshow going on at the Garden these days.
Last edited by cheftom on February 22nd, 2018, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974
dcapodic

taowave wrote:I'm torn between winning the next 23 games or losing them
I can't, just CAN't root against the Knicks. I get the tank (and in part of my mind probably am secretly hoping for a lose) but in my conscious being I am rooting for a win.

That being said, these 2 teams suck and anything is possible :) I will try and catch some looks so I can see the kids but not gonna be too locked in on this one!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
dcapodic

cheftom wrote:
Monroe and Frazier winning the first and ONLY Knicks championship!!! Blasphemy!!! You should be stripped of your Prigioni Knicks jersey

Max, I usually don't beat up on you when you post one of your rants about 2pg systems, but if you are gonna learn from history, first you have to know history!!!

The Knicks won their first championship in 69-70 with Dick Barnett at the Shooting Guard position. No two point guard at all.

It was the 72-73 season that saw Earl the Pearl join Walt in the backcourt and while they played substantial minutes together, Dean Memminger and Dick Barnett combined for about 28 minutes per game playing Shooting guard. That lineup won the second championship for the Knicks

Go here: http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=w ... denwaseden and watch. Really experience the glory years.
Love everything about your info here! I literally remember it like it was yesterday!

Loved Clyde the most but had a soft spot for Dean "The Dream"....:)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
maxinquaye11

Correction galdly accepted cheftom. Now I know. I cant argue with that. Thank you. I'm going to watch the video.

Really now there was a second? what the fuck documentary did i watch?

Rollsroyce backcourt still the best duo name I've ever heard.

taowave
Likes given: 817

I thought Dean played the point..

Anyone ever read Clyde's book,. Rocking Steady??

I know you guys read the Open Man
maxinquaye11

taowave wrote:I thought Dean played the point..

Anyone ever read Clyde's book,. Rocking Steady??

I know you guys read the Open Man
Point guard you're right!

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

maxinquaye11 wrote:Correction galdly accepted cheftom. Now I know. I cant argue with that. Thank you. I'm going to watch the video.

Really now there was a second? what the fuck documentary did i watch?

Rollsroyce backcourt still the best duo name I've ever heard.
Lol, you didn't know the Knicks have two titles? Well that's just a shame we been so bad that nobody remembers when they were supreme but don't feel bad max. I couldn't tell you everyone on those teams outside the starters.
cheftom

dcapodic wrote: Love everything about your info here! I literally remember it like it was yesterday!

Loved Clyde the most but had a soft spot for Dean "The Dream"....:)
Thanks I was 12 years old the year that the Mets, Jets and Knicks all won their first championships, and that was a magical year for NY fans.

I had been a Yankees fan ever since my Dad took me to the stadium in 1961 (the year of Maris and Mantle), but you had to root for those Amazing Mets. They had never had a winning season in their franchise history and had only won about 70 games the season before. They were 9 and a half games back in August and then just seemed to win game after game all the way to that World Series victory.

And what can you say about Namath and the Jets. It took a lot of balls for Namath to guarantee a Super Bowl victory against the champion Colts, but he delivered.

But sweetest for me was the Knicks. Vast underdogs against a Lakers squad that featured Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and the monster that was Wilt Chamberlain, that team was the ultimate example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. Their team play was so smooth. I will never forget how I felt when I saw the Captain, who seemingly had no chance of playing, come out of the tunnel to the roar of the Garden crowd. And Clyde played a game for the ages. 36 pts, 7 rebounds and 19 assists. He seemed to be everywhere.

If you are a Knicks fan and have suffered thru the last 15 plus years of misery, seek out those old films and documentaries and learn why the Garden was the Mecca of basketball.
Overly optimistic about the Knicks since 1974