2/14/18: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards (L 113-118)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Ari_Ingus wrote:It`s so funny to read how KP would not be an all star in team with another all star.
Then I read how bad is his passing with this team.
Come on, dont be stupid. If he was around another all star, he would have much more passes. HE HAVE NO ONE TO PASS THE BALL.
You can`t just compare one thing how it would look with all star and then compare his current stats. None of us knows how he would look. It would also make a lot more space for him, no ?
Lol, Melo excuses

Now's the part where you wonder if I'm saying that KP is a selfish as Melo or whether I'm saying these are the issues Melo had whims here in NY and that he wasn't selfish all along.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Porzingis had a strong case for being an All-Star last season with Anthony on the team https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/n ... etokounmpo

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/knick ... l-star-bid
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Ari_Ingus wrote:
Also...Melo all star? nah, I was talking about real all star.
Wow, shots fired.
#TeamTank
taowave
Likes given: 817

Dam,we covered alot of shit in a Wizards/Knick thread..

What we should discuss is if this the game that will ultimately be on Perry's mind when he decides to replace Hornacek..

Just a brutal game,buy awesome for the Tank...
shakespeare

If Hornacek is fired, not saying he should be, but who’d be a solid replacement?

And what would the results be, as far as wins/losses?
#TeamTank
taowave

Can you tell me if we are tanking next year or trying to establish a winning culture??Not being a wiseguy :sadno:

shakespeare wrote:If Hornacek is fired, not saying he should be, but who’d be a solid replacement?

And what would the results be, as far as wins/losses?
shakespeare

Oh, so you saw what I did there. Haha.
#TeamTank
spree#8
Likes given: 540

taowave wrote:knew you would get me on a technicality

If you look at this years TS% and last years and simply look at each year by itself,they have the same TS%

Yes,this year only has 44 games,and TH j sucks this year,so I am over weighting this year and biasing the result...

Another way of saying it is TH Jr is shitting the bed this year,and guys like Payton, are shooting way better than him...

Either way,TH needs to really figure things out .
Tao, why is it so hard for you to man up and say "my bad, I was wrong"? :?

BTW: a TS% of .522 is hardly shitting the bed. Everything above .50 is OK/good and THJ simply has to improve his 3P accuracy, which is unsatisfying for him, that's all.
#knickstape
gradyandrew

thewatcher wrote:Mudiay looking good.
With 11 seconds left at the end of the first KOQ inbounds to Mudiay who forgets that he touched the ball and lets it roll up court while 3 seconds tick off the clock. He finally remembers picks up his dribble but then launches an off balance 3 that gets blocked. :blink: He's got a long way to go.
Randle in the Rafters
taowave

1) Atre you weighting the previous year as this year only has 44 games as opposed to 82?

thats my assumption...

I was looking at this year and last year. I will wait until the season is over.

More to the point, the fact that Payton is in the same league shooting as Hardaway is a revelation..

"My bad I was wrong"?? Not yet,by YOUR measures...

And if and when i do,I expect the same from you :drunk:

spree#8 wrote:

BTW: a TS% of .522 is hardly shitting the bed. Everything above .50 is OK/good and THJ simply has to improve his 3P accuracy, which is unsatisfying for him, that's all.[/quote]
taowave

Yes he does,which is why he was a Costco special from Denver..They had another year to take a free look and chose to say Adios amigo...
gradyandrew wrote:
With 11 seconds left at the end of the first KOQ inbounds to Mudiay who forgets that he touched the ball and lets it roll up court while 3 seconds tick off the clock. He finally remembers picks up his dribble but then launches an off balance 3 that gets blocked. :blink: He's got a long way to go.
spree#8

taowave wrote:1) Atre you weighting the previous year as this year only has 44 games as opposed to 82?

thats my assumption...

I was looking at this year and last year. I will wait until the season is over.

More to the point, the fact that Payton is in the same league shooting as Hardaway is a revelation..

"My bad I was wrong"?? Not yet,by YOUR measures...

And if and when i do,I expect the same from you :drunk:
You made a wrong comment. There is no waiting for it to become true. It was wrong when you posted it, that's it. Mine was right when I posted it. End of story. TS% for last year and this so far is of course based on the TS% formula. [Points/(FGA + .44*FTA)]/2. No rocket science, just numbers. Your defense for that wrong comment gets worse every time you write something, that's why I said sometimes it simply makes more sense to admit that one was wrong. But it seems that you are not capable of it.

BTW: you should always look at the sample size.
#knickstape
taowave

I made a comment on EFG..You preferred TS.Hardaway had a higher TS percent than Hardaway the previous 82 game season.Hardaway has gotten worse, Payton has gotten considersbly better over 44 games.You calculated 126 game numbers.That is mathematically correct. If you take the average of the 2 seasons they are almost identical,and Hardaways tendline is down.Hardaway is regarded as a shooter.Payton is not.Yet they are dam close the last 2 years.Sematics...It like me going after your "median vs average" argument to support Hardaways erratic shooting....Then again,hes your guy :)

spree#8 wrote:
You made a wrong comment. There is no waiting for it to become true. It was wrong when you posted it, that's it. Mine was right when I posted it. End of story. TS% for last year and this so far is of course based on the TS% formula. Points/(FGA + .44*FTA). No rocket science, just numbers. Your defense for that wrong comment gets worse every time you write something, that's why I said sometimes it simply makes more sense to admit that one was wrong. But it seems that you are not capable of it.

BTW: you should always look at the sample size.
spree#8

taowave wrote:I made a comment on EFG..You preferred TS.Hardaway had a higher TS percent than Hardaway the previous 82 game season.Hardaway has gotten worse, Payton has gotten considersbly better over 44 games.You calculated 126 game numbers.That is mathematically correct. If you take the average of the 2 seasons they are almost identical,and Hardaways tendline is down.Hardaway is regarded as a shooter.Payton is not.Yet they are dam close the last 2 years.Sematics...It like me going after your "median vs average" argument to support Hardaways erratic shooting..
Lol. You said shooter over the last two seasons.

Let's see:
THJ - .342 3P%, .518 EFG%, .551 TS%.
Payton - .311 3P%, .514 EFG%, .538 TS%.

:hmm: Is there anything that I don't see when it comes to the numbers?

Tao, when it comes to numbers, you should know by now, that I take the time to check them. ;) So even though I said you should look at TS% (because why should we take FTs out of the equation?), THJ is still better on all accounts.
#knickstape
taowave

Payton last 2 years TS

.570 47 games This year
.521 82 games Last year

Hardaway last 2 years TS

.522 37 games this year
.568 79 games last year

So,if you naively look at it on a year by year and average,Payton is ahead by an hair. I looked at the last 2 years,no more no less..I didnt factor in the correct weighting..

They have basically flipped flopped TS% this year,but Paytons good year is only 47 games vs hardaways last year which was good 79 games..Still suprising that Payton is Hardaways equal..I dont think of Payton as a shooter..

And I dont like your defense of Hardaways crappy year :sadno:
gradyandrew

Wow, talk about splitting hairs.
Randle in the Rafters
taowave

Spree,just out of curiosity,and since you are a numbers guy,what is the probability you man up and finally admit that getting the 10-15 pick vs top 5 is NEVER advantageous,especially in a complete rebuild???

spree#8 wrote:

BTW: a TS% of .522 is hardly shitting the bed. Everything above .50 is OK/good and THJ simply has to improve his 3P accuracy, which is unsatisfying for him, that's all.
spree#8

Tao, your posts really get worse and worse. I never said otherwise. I even told you that having pick one is always better than five...

BTW: didn't you already have your last word? Not sure what purpose your new post has. :?
#knickstape
taowave

Spree,Spree ,Spree..My humble apologies that my posts dont meet your exacting standards

And just like me,you had to be prodded to have the revelation that the #1 pick is better then the # 5 pick..

You can connect the dots from here..When you man up,ill man up

spree#8 wrote:Tao, your posts really get worse and worse. I never said otherwise. I even told you that having pick one is always better than five...

BTW: didn't you already have your last word? Not sure what purpose your new post has. :?
spree#8

Lol. The discussions I took part never questioned whether having a higher pick is preferable to having a lower pick. I discussed whether our only strategic option at the beginning of the season was to tank for a top five pick.

I don't think that I have anything new to add to those discussions, but if I do, I would prefer to do it in the appropriate threads.

No idea what you want to accomplish here. Shall I search for a mistake in my post history for you to feel better? I remember that I thought that buyouts wouldn't be possible under the new CBA anymore - which wasn't true.
Last edited by spree#8 on February 19th, 2018, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
#knickstape