2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

NYGM
Likes given: 470

shakespeare wrote:I’d be satisfied with the 6th.
This would be great IMO..

Porter Jr seems to be able to handle the ball like a SF though..
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Ran tankathon 3 times. We're currently at 9.

1st time we went down to 10th
2nd time no change
3rd time we got pick number 3
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

I ran Tankathon like 10 times and each time we were the 9th pick and selected Wendell Carter every single time.

Anyway, here’s another article on Mikal Bridges comparing him to Jimmy Butler, one of my favorite players in the league.
The New York Knicks need a small forward who can provide contributions on both ends of the floor. Frank Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay could share the backcourt with Tim Hardaway Jr. at the 3 spot, but Bridges has both immediate and long-term potential.

A 6’9″ wing who can defend multiple positions and shoot the lights out, Bridges has the tools to become the player who brings this team together.

It’s easy to throw out the phrase, “Elite defender,” and forget what it actually means to qualify as such. In Bridges’ case, he overwhelms opponents with his size and length, and plays the angles in a way that few know how—at any level.

Thus, while defense may not normally be enough to warrant a top-10 selection, Bridges has the potential to be an All-Defense mainstay in the NBA.

Offensively, Bridges is an excellent three-point shooter who can work both with and without the ball. He’s improved his handle and finishing ability near the rim, and has displayed the ability to create for his teammates as a distributor.

There may be players with higher ceilings than Bridges, but he looks the part of the best two-way perimeter player in this draft class.

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/02/09/2018 ... -knicks/2/
At the same time, Miles Bridges hit the game-winning shot last night against 3rd ranked Purdue

Again, I’d be satisfied with either player in New York.
#TeamTank
nazrmohamed

What's crazy is back when we were at pick 13 Mikal was close by and I said I'd rather have more options. Now we're at 9 and he's moved up and I still might take him, SMH.

Knox is a bum and we just signed Mudiay so Sexton is out for me. At the end of the top 10 I think I'm all about the Bridges. I'd be happy with both.

Mikal is more of a fit type of player for me with elite defense. He is a great shooter which we desperately need and our perimeter defense is horrid. That's two boxes he easily checks off.

Miles- if you've ever made the argument that we simply need more firepower , and before you list all our scorers just remember what happens when one goes down and all the built in excuses we make. But if you've ever had to make those excuses just know Miles is a bonafide offensive stud. You could put him on the marquee is what I'm saying. When I'm watching people wonder if KP is a beta, or that Tim is same 'ol Tim.....well Miles, I'm not saying he's an alpha at this level but he can ball and I mean from anywhere. Less of a pure fit but when your in the lottery an argument can be made you don't need a fit you need a baller. As for intangibles he's not an elite defender like Mikal but he does defend, he rebounds, he scores at the rim, with contact. He's like a less skilled yet more team oriented Melo if that makes sense. A Larry Johnson.

I always have a long story for Miles and not Mikal but that's not cuz I don't like Mikal btw. It's more because he's pretty seem less. Perfect fit. Question is, do we need a fit or do we need a game changer. It's tough, as a know a lot of game changer busts. We'll see but I'd be happy to see either of thier names called.

I really wish we had another 1st rounder though. One thing Don is right about is that there will be steals in the late teens, early 20s. I don't trust we'd find them if that's our inky pick and that's been my argument all year, but with an extra pick I could gamble
Don Che
Likes given: 9

ok...hold on....since when was Mikal 6'9? if he's 6'9....i'd take him 6th lol but he was listed 6'7 last year
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 158

6'7. both bridges
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Don Che wrote:ok...hold on....since when was Mikal 6'9? if he's 6'9....i'd take him 6th lol but he was listed 6'7 last year
measured by the POTUS physician...

He could have a great gig at draft camp measurement day, everyone would be 2" taller :LOL:
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 158

:laugh:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:ok...hold on....since when was Mikal 6'9? if he's 6'9....i'd take him 6th lol but he was listed 6'7 last year
Lol, that's what I thought. But hey, where there's smoke there's fire. Wouldn't you say the same thing of he turns out to be 6'8? Only an inch but I definitely would.
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

If Porter or Doncic are out of range, then Mikal Bridges or Carter would be a solid consolation prize.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
dcapodic

PistolPete wrote:If Porter or Doncic are out of range, then Mikal Bridges or Carter would be a solid consolation prize.
Totally off subject but every time you post I just stare at your avatar. I just know that people who never saw Pistil Pete play have no idea how good he was. Shot like Jerry West and passed like Magic.

Yea, I just said that :)
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Don Che

yup...Pistol Pete is my fave player of all time...he fit in today's NBA and hes the 2nd greatest college player ever also(Kareem is the GOAT in my book)

Pistol was all flash but i dont even care since it was at such a high level. Give him a 3 point line and a therapist and lord knows how he would be viewed now
Don Che

oh and if Doncic/Porter are off the board..that means a stud frontline player is on the board. We will be top 8 and we better take the best player available
NYGM
Likes given: 470

Don Che wrote:oh and if Doncic/Porter are off the board..that means a stud frontline player is on the board. We will be top 8 and we better take the best player available
Yes.

Someone like JJJ or Wendell Carter..
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

dcapodic wrote:
Totally off subject but every time you post I just stare at your avatar. I just know that people who never saw Pistil Pete play have no idea how good he was. Shot like Jerry West and passed like Magic.

Yea, I just said that :)

He was definitely "Showtime" before Magic and the Lakers that's for sure. Born with only one coronary artery, it's amazing that he was able to accomplish what he did.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
Red

nazrmohamed wrote:Ran tankathon 3 times. We're currently at 9.

1st time we went down to 10th
2nd time no change
3rd time we got pick number 3
Sorry if everyone knows this but what is tankathon?
The Mecca of Mess
taowave
Likes given: 817

Tankathon.com
Don Che

had a dream we got Bagley....the world was happy but I was very skeptical lol...but happy at the same time

i remember thinking Klay and Curry isnt an ideal fit and KP/Bagley kind of remind me of that duo but in the front court.

we would be the fastest team in the nba
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:had a dream we got Bagley....the world was happy but I was very skeptical lol...but happy at the same time

i remember thinking Klay and Curry isnt an ideal fit and KP/Bagley kind of remind me of that duo but in the front court.

we would be the fastest team in the nba
Bingo, and that's exactly what I see as well. KP shifting to C with a PF who can rotate and switch on defense, while attacking the rim on offense via pick and roll or just eurostep iso. He can shoot also but I'm not gonna sit here and act like its above average for today's nba where every big can shoot, but it's a skill he's got and can improve upon.

Some boards I see have him dropping to e em pick 5, as JJJ is on the rise. Now THATS a guy I'd love to have.
Don Che

if i never saw a mock draft.....and only saw them play/stats....i'd prolly take JJJ over Bagley

I see Bagley and see more Beasley than Bosh/KG/KD and while i still think theres value...it just not the top 5 picks.

but his motor is higher/fast twitch athlete but height/reach/midrange/decent but not good handle/decent but not good shooter from deep.

Motor and Mental state ill give to Bagley...but Beasley was stronger/ better rebounder by a lil bit/better overall scorer.