2/12/18: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers (L 92-108)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rtn393
Global Moderator
Likes given: 0

Please post all pre-game predictions, in-game observations, and post-game analysis in this thread, but start separate threads for topics not directly related to the game.

ImageImage

PROJECTED STARTERS

PG: Jarrett Jack vs. Ben Simmons
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr. vs. J.J. Redick
SF: Courtney Lee vs. Robert Covington
PF: Michael Beasley vs. Dario Saric
C: Enes Kanter vs. Joel Embiid

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

We got 3 Pgs who have been selected in the literary over the past 5 yrs and start Jarett Jack in a season that's lost smh
dcapodic

nazrmohamed wrote:We got 3 Pgs who have been selected in the literary over the past 5 yrs and start Jarett Jack in a season that's lost smh
I feel what you are saying nazr but don't get too caught up in this. Jack started last game also but only played 8 min. He is being phased out and we have not even hit the allstar break yet. We always talk a lot about building a new culture and showing the league that things are changing in NY, etc. I think Jeff is just showing Jack some respect for what he has given so far this year and for veteran leadership. Kind of a "token" start thing. Also, I think he wants one of the others guys to earn the starting spot. He couldn't just hand it to Mudiay, how would that look to Frank and Trey, yet neither of them has played well enough to deserve it.

Starting, but playing few minutes is more of a token honor at this point and I am good with it until one of the other guys steps up to grab it. Plenty of minutes to go around still. Both Frank and Mudiay got about 30 min. last game.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
thewatcher
Likes given: 2607

Yes, but at the start of the 2nd half yesterday we immediately fell behind by 20. Im assuming jeff will make the change after the all-star game; if he doesn't Im going to get mad.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

i dont know. im starting to buy into what jeff is saying. Jack should be the pg until one of the neophytes earns the starting spot over him. No one has done that yet in my opinion. If he's just going to start and play 10 minutes, then its really just ceremonial... no harm no foul.

it'll keep the youngn's from becoming ENTITLED
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
taowave
Likes given: 817

Burke has earned a shot,so that means he wont play

H20Knick wrote:i dont know. im starting to buy into what jeff is saying. Jack should be the pg until one of the neophytes earns the starting spot over him. No one has done that yet in my opinion. If he's just going to start and play 10 minutes, then its really just ceremonial... no harm no foul.

it'll keep the youngn's from becoming ENTITLED
rebound
Likes given: 1102

guys i'm loving mudiay but do we really want to win games? jack playing is ensuring this team doesnt havet the momentum to pull off a win.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
NYGM
Likes given: 470

Jack is being respected as a veteran who has played his tole here..

We are almost at the ASB and then you can make some changes.. No need to pannic about it..

Last game was a perfect example, Mudiay-Frank played around 30min and Jack just 8.. That's fine with me..

Now we need to find more minutes for Burke..

The good thing is we're going to be able to bring back all of them if we want to..
spree#8
Likes given: 534

“When we bring in another point guard [Burke] and a young kid in Emmanuel, we have to look at things,’’ Hornacek said. “We have a couple more games before the break. Then when we come back we have a few practices before that first game. If we’re going to do something, that will be the time.”
#knickstape
Starbury3

KO alley oop to Mudiay reciprocated next play by a full court pass from Mudiay back to KO. Tasty.
taowave

Not watching..did Lance Thomas start?
NYGM

taowave wrote:Not watching..did Lance Thomas start?
Yes..

JJ Redick creating chaos on our defense.. This guy McConnell has our number too..
NYGM

My only concern is Horny giving the young guys the minutes.. We are better off that way, we already know what Jack, Lee and Lance can give us..

Good to see Hicks get some minutes early..
taowave

Tank on
NYGM wrote:
Yes..

JJ Redick creating chaos on our defense.. This guy McConnell has our number too..
NYGM

Frank needs to realize he can blow by these guys if the start playing him tight.. Forget giving the ball and change the play..

Also want to see Burke some..
nazrmohamed

The Beas is loose. I absolutely love this guy. I want him back next year. We'll still lose but Ill be entertained.
nazrmohamed

NYGM wrote:Frank needs to realize he can blow by these guys if the start playing him tight.. Forget giving the ball and change the play..

Frank needs to realize that he might earn us a second first rounder if he don't get his shit together and I might not even care. Cut my losses and end up drafting twice.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1117

NYGM wrote:Frank needs to realize he can blow by these guys if the start playing him tight.. Forget giving the ball and change the play..

And this ladies and gentlemen.........is why we traded for Mudiay.
Starbury3

I'm all in favor of the tank and rebuilding but I am going to miss the hell out of Beasley and Kanter.
taowave

Exactly..Dont believe for one second that Perry isnt concerned about Frank..Guy is way too much in his head
big_j_NY wrote:
And this ladies and gentlemen.........is why we traded for Mudiay.
Last edited by taowave on February 12th, 2018, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.