Willy headed to Charlotte for Johnny O'Bryant and 2 2nd round picks

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 817

Kanter is the big question mark,and that was before the KP disaster..

thewatcher wrote:Kanter isn't getting a bloated contract either. This year i'd offer a 3 year deal 14 millon a year and since he'd only take this here, a no-trade clause. I bet he takes it.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Championship 16/17 wrote:The only reason I'd be crying is from laughing so hard at the thought of anybody extending Kanter after this season, cry to that. He should not opt out and we get another look at him next year. Padding your stats bc KP is out so you can stay here long term and eat Turkish food is a joke. It will be Kanter's biggest mistake to opt out, it was clear nobody wanted him at the trade deadline. He opts out, I would low ball him so he is easier to trade, bc he only wants to stay in NY. Willy wanted to play, and left the greatest city in the world for the love of the game. Those are the players that deserve to be here.
You're so full of shit, champ.

Kanter was stuffing the stats before KP went down. Yes he took a bigger offensive role since then, but what was he supposed to do exactly? Refuse the shots and rebounds?

As for Willy, the situations were just different. Enes is playing as a starter, Willy wasn't playing at all. So yeah, he left and he had every right to. Now he is 3rd string in Charlotte. I actually hope he gets pt, but what does it have to do with Kanter. Should Enes leave to Milwaukee to persuade you that he loves BB? Yes, there is a big Turkish community in NYC and that's partly why he loves the city but how can you make it out as a bad thing?

Kanter sucks in D, we all agree but he has value and extending him at the right price isn't a laughable idea
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

It's like what I always say. Fans read social media and papers and all of z sudden start believing they really know what's going on behind the scenes.

Just say you don't wanna pay Kanter. That's really all that's required. No need for the soap
Championship 16/17
Likes given: 0

Thanks Newlyknicked, lil whipper snapper, now let the recipient of my post respond. Thank you.
Championship 16/17

NewlyKnicked wrote:
Kanter sucks in D, we all agree but he has value and extending him at the right price isn't a laughable idea
Let's see how much value he has to other teams before we resign him please. Let him get contract offers and bring it back to the Knicks. Did you see yesterday's game, ZERO impact, but hey it looks like he puts up good numbers. The only value Kanter has is an expiring contract :D
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Kanter isn't essential to our success. He masks a lot of the inefficiency of our scoring; we are hooked on his volume of putbacks and 2nd chance shots. We should be running a quicker tempo, creating more open 3's. No need to make anything but an adequate offer, mostly to preserve capital
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

so, champ, who on this team do you actually think is good
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Championship 16/17 wrote:Thanks Newlyknicked, lil whipper snapper, now let the recipient of my post respond. Thank you.
My bad, I thought anyone can respond to anyone. That's the principle of a forum, isn't it? A lot of the conclusions you drew about Kanter don't make sense to me, so I spoke out. Now if you only want to hear answers from watcher, that's fine too, I'll just speak on more general terms then.

I think it's unfair to bash kanter for putting up "meaningless" numbers. What does that mean? That he wouldn't do this kind of stats on a contending team? Well none of our players would. That his D is worse than what he brings in o? His offensive rating is the highest of the team (except Burke) and his defensive rating isn't even that bad (4th best with 106, same as KP). Stats dont tell the whole story and he is a weakness in defense one-on-one and on PR, but he does a decent job boxing out and rebounding.
In terms of tempo, I don't see him lagging behind the rest of the team. Actually he runs quite a bit for a big.

Now what he doesn't have is lateral quickness to defend smaller/more agile opponents and he can't space the floor one bit. He does other things but he is pretty old school. I still think he has value for us if we can pair him with another C, less prone to postups but quicker and able to fire from deep which we could use against small ball lineups
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Championship 16/17

H20Knick wrote:so, champ, who on this team do you actually think is good
The Unicorn is a good player.

Players with potential:
Mudiay
Frank

Veteran leadership I would like to keep:
Courtney Lee
Quinn

Undecided
Thj

Players to trade
Kanter
Lance Thomas
Baker
Jack
Beasley
Noah
Burke
Championship 16/17

Newly K, what doesn't make sense is someone actually thinks the Knicks will give Kanter a no trade clause, I guess we will just gloss over that comment.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Mike the man is having a temper-tantrum, he GUARANTEED Kanter would be gone, and now he's full of excuses. In his desperation he still plays the KP-Willie friendship angle, Whatever, I'm not related to Kanter, if we get a great deal on him, cool, if not bye.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Championship 16/17

thewatcher wrote:Mike the man is having a temper-tantrum, he GUARANTEED Kanter would be gone, and now he's full of excuses. In his desperation he still plays the KP-Willie friendship angle, Whatever, I'm not related to Kanter, if we get a great deal on him, cool, if not bye.
You might not be related to but it's clear you have a hidden agenda. Your now downplaying you loyalty to him, if we get a great deal on him cool, if not bye bullshit. You will trade KP before you even think about trading Kanter. Your comment on the no trade clause took me over, it's clear you have one agenda, and it's not related to basketball and winning. I wouldn't be surprised it you start rumors of we should start building around Kanter instead of KP. Why would you say your not related to Kanter, did I ask that question?
thewatcher

^^not really Mike, i'm not in love with my own opinions. If a player starts disappointing i have no problem letting him go. You cling to your ideas like Velcro (Marc jackson, Willi etc...) I have no agenda but winning, like I said, I can easily let Kanter go. And as far as trading KP, turns out it wouldn't have been a bad idea after all given Boston's booty.

Remember your sarcastic words, Kanter is still here, Willie sucks and just deal with it.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Championship 16/17

Proving my point, digging yourself a deeper hole. 'You can easily let Kanter go is bullshit again, your post on Kanter the whole time contradicts this view point. Just be honest homie.
thewatcher

Mike please go back to yesterday's game-thread, in it you will see I am the FIRST poster killing Kanter. So yeah your proof is strong!! :LOL: Mike Ive given you a lot of shit because your relentless criticism of Kanter has been annoying. Annoying because, despite his many flaws he works very hard. he plays injured, and has his team-mates back. I like him, but have no delusions about building a team around him. But because of his effort I don't follow 20 rebound games with Kanter hate. Now go ahead and have your last word, arguing with you is childs-play and tedious.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Championship 16/17

thewatcher wrote:Mike please go back to yesterday's game-thread, in it you will see I am the FIRST poster killing Kanter. So yeah your proof is strong!! :LOL: Mike Ive given you a lot of shit because your relentless criticism of Kanter has been annoying. Annoying because, despite his many flaws he works very hard. he plays injured, and has his team-mates back. I like him, but have no delusions about building a team around him. But because of his effort I don't follow 20 rebound games with Kanter hate. Now go ahead and have your last word, arguing with you is child-play and tedious.
Lol, how convenient your one post of killing Kanter, I guess that exonerated you for the 100's of post on how Kanter is the greatest thing since slice bread. My criticism of Kanter is simple, he is not a good player, but he has been doing all the right things to hide this fact. It's not about having the last word, my argument is over, just follow watchers post about Kanter very closely and you will see what I'm talking about. There is a hidden agenda, it's more than just likening a player. That's all, I'm cool now.
thewatcher

Okay I over estimated Kanter for much of the season...are you happy? I don't know what you mean by hidden agenda? Not Turkish. And not Gay. You on the other hand are obsessed with Willie's friendship with kp. If you are,cool, not a hater.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Championship 16/17

Now arguing with you is childs-play and tedious. I'm good now
Don Che
Likes given: 9

i think Watcher's fluctuation with Kanter is normal...well atleast i go thru the same thing. hes a very hard player to hate..its easy to like him but watching him cover the pick and roll in the 4th..you just know that he isnt a viable option as your main starter going forward.
thewatcher

^^thanks Don, i'm just messing around Mike, you go way back, and its been a tough year, best to just move forwards and not keep going back and forth.
n8 the gr8 wrote: