2/8/18: New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors (L 88-113)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

Tim is just a streaky player in the craziest sense.

similar to Jr but...worse because jr is atleast fun lol...Tim just looks horrible...JR looked high
Don Che

the fact Tim got a this deal..and Nate couldnt get in the nba couple years ago...is kind of weird to me.

If nate got minutes...he'd get you buckets
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Don Che wrote:Tim is just a streaky player in the craziest sense.

similar to Jr but...worse because jr is atleast fun lol...Tim just looks horrible...JR looked high
:?
He has had two rough stretches so far the whole season. First three games and the last five. Other than that pretty good this year with normal ups and downs. Last five were awful, but are nothing to get crazy about considering he had to sit out six weeks. Pretty sure he just has tired legs right now stemming from his injury break.
#knickstape
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

the fact that Tim got this deal but people are sweating Kanter's paycheck is also kind of weird

It's okay. He'll be the sixth man to Luka Doncic in about 7 months
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
spree#8

H20Knick wrote:the fact that Tim got this deal but people are sweating Kanter's paycheck is also kind of weird

It's okay. He'll be the sixth man to Luka Doncic in about 7 months
He won't. He will establish himself as the on-court leader (by example, not words) until KP comes back.
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

Spree,of all people on the board,I am shocked to hear you say this....You are a numbers guy..He is shooting for shit.Look at his numbers..What is he,2-26 from 3 in his last 5 games ? Tired legs?? I thought KP had the tired legs..Is that contagious?

The guy is unbelievably streaky,and has always been unless on a tight leash..

His lows are John Stark esque...

spree#8 wrote:
He has had two rough stretches so far the whole season. First three games and the last five. Other than that pretty good this year with normal ups and downs. Last five were awful, but are nothing to get crazy about considering he had to sit out six weeks. Pretty sure he just has tired legs right now stemming from his injury break.
spree#8

taowave wrote:Spree,of all people on the board,I am shocked to hear you say this....You are a numbers guy..He is shooting for shit.Look at his numbers..What is he,2-26 from 3 in his last 5 games ? Tired legs?? I thought KP had the tired legs..Is that contagious?

The guy is unbelievably streaky,and has always been unless on a tight leash..

His lows are John Stark esque...
Two rough stretches are too streaky for you? C'mon, the guy just came back from an injury and played extremely consistent in between those two stretches.
#knickstape
KnicksRUs
Likes given: 0

Spree's point is perfectly valid. He is shooting for shit for 5 GAMES. Before this his %'s were fine. It's all just sample size. It'll come back around again by years end. He's roughly a 45%/37% shooter at this stage of his career.

He had a rough first 4 games and a very rough last 5 games. 2 brief stretches of bad shooting with consistency everywhere else certainly doesn't qualift as "unbelievably streaky".

He can be streaky at times, but lets relax.......
"I hate them" - Stugotz
spree#8

KnicksRUs wrote:Spree's point is perfectly valid. He is shooting for shit for 5 GAMES. Before this his %'s were fine. It's all just sample size. It'll come back around again by years end. He's roughly a 45%/37% shooter at this stage of his career.

He had a rough first 4 games and a very rough last 5 games. 2 brief stretches of bad shooting with consistency everywhere else certainly doesn't qualift as "unbelievably streaky".

Thank you! :thumbsup:
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

Bullshit,you are both wrong...

His numbers were tolerable before this horrendous slump...

Not sure what you guys do,but would you put your money with a really volatile money manager who has really bad losses but on average is "OK"??

Hardaway is what he is,and has always been other than the Atlanta developmental League..Streaky,and basically average overall.

Hopefully he gets hot soon and earns his contract

KnicksRUs wrote:Spree's point is perfectly valid. He is shooting for shit for 5 GAMES. Before this his %'s were fine. It's all just sample size. It'll come back around again by years end. He's roughly a 45%/37% shooter at this stage of his career.

Last edited by taowave on February 9th, 2018, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

The thing is, the last one is still going on... :hmm:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Don Che

if you look at his rough stretch early in the year......the one recently....AND he missed what felt like 6 weeks....you really dont have that much of a sample size of him playing very well.

and ppl freak about Kanters paycheck because we havent signed him yet. Tim's is signed already...we didnt like it at first...accepted it and even happy for him once he had it clicking.

all im saying it...Tim and KP are the only guys that can go 2-20 and still play heavy the next day...but now that KP is done and the tank is in...got a high profile prospect...dont be surprised if things change.

Mudiay is 21...he still has a lot of time to work things out...and also has a lot to work on. If Tim comes out flat...id either bench Lee or Tim...just to fully give Frank/Mudiay minutes to know what we have. If they play well great...we will still lose. If they play bad...cool...we want to lose anyway.

I dont need Tim to be out there with a cape on killing our chances at a high pick.
Koopa Troopa

Don Che wrote:Tim is just a streaky player in the craziest sense.

Think its a bigger variety of factors with Tim. One is how the team plays. He should be set up the way the Wizards set up Bradley Beal. They run the same set almost every time down. Beal off a screen or a double screen. If he has something cool, if not he'll give it back to Wall for a PnR or post someone else up. The Knicks offense is way too freestyle with no structure. Leads to a lot of bad shots. Guys arent put in a position to succeed.

Two is his mental fortitude. He seems to be a very emotional player and he lets his misses affect him. You can see it when he misses a shot. And then he tries his best to get back into the game by taking it to the hoop but hes overly aggressive and forces shots inside. JR was the complete opposite. I dont think any JR missed shot ever affected his play. He was streaky in the most literal sense. When Tim plays well he plays consistently for weeks. And vice versa we saw how he started the year then picked it up....and now hes back in a major slump.
Last edited by Koopa Troopa on February 9th, 2018, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Che

i would like to see more off ball work...i always felt Tim would maximize his game best...in a Rip Hamilton type of play which is basically how Bradley Beal is used just to a lesser extent.

we just need guys to set better picks
Nononsense

Yep, it'll come back around just in time for him to hurt our draft lottery chances like the year we fortunately ended up with KP, but no thanks to THJ.
KnicksRUs

^ Lol I forgot about that
"I hate them" - Stugotz
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Don Che wrote:i would like to see more off ball work...i always felt Tim would maximize his game best...in a Rip Hamilton type of play which is basically how Bradley Beal is used just to a lesser extent.

we just need guys to set better picks
not just THJ, but all of our wings need to be better at moving with the ball and getting it while moving toward the basket. We play at too slow a pace to take full advantage of length and athleticism.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

And then it WILL come back around, probably coinciding with some small ball which always has the potential to surprise some teams. We'll win a couple games everyone expected to lose and everyone will hate Tim for running the tank.

I've said it all year and I've been consistent. I want a top five pick and if Tim's helping me do that then he is my mvp. Might have to send Kornet back down tho.