Vet alert. Tony Allen waived

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

lxn_
Likes given: 0

tony allen was just waived and is eligible to sign with any team except new orleans.
I brought up his name last year and got some flak for it. He is on a minimum salary. I think he is probably the best guy to get if you want someone to mentor frank and mudiay on defense. He is one of the best defenders of all time and has championship experience. Kobe also said he was the one who gave him toughest time. I think they should atleast talk with him and if he is up for teaching our guys then sign him immediately.
rebound
Likes given: 1104

no more washed up vets.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave
Likes given: 817

hes probably on a plane to OKC
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Hell no. Frank already knows defense and I'm not risking my high lotto pick on the off chance he does his job too well and we start winning meaningless games.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

im a big tony allen fan...but he should be going toa contending team...hope its OKC
Koopa Troopa

When it comes to vets I know this might not be popular but I say keep Jarrett Jack. Forget on the court, hes been in the league for god knows how many years playing at a high level...he can help the 3 other guards on the roster. Without him there you got too many young guards with no guidance.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Koopa Troopa wrote:When it comes to vets I know this might not be popular but I say keep Jarrett Jack. Forget on the court, hes been in the league for god knows how many years playing at a high level...he can help the 3 other guards on the roster. Without him there you got too many young guards with no guidance.

i agree 100%..you need solid vets..issue is i just want him to be a mentor..him getting major minutes is pointless for all parties involved
Nononsense

taowave wrote:hes probably on a plane to OKC
...as a layover in route to SAS.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

He will sign with a contender and we don't need him in our situation anyways.
#knickstape
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Koopa Troopa wrote:When it comes to vets I know this might not be popular but I say keep Jarrett Jack. Forget on the court, hes been in the league for god knows how many years playing at a high level...he can help the 3 other guards on the roster. Without him there you got too many young guards with no guidance.
I'm pretty sure Jack stays. His minutes should go down, but he has been pretty solid for us and is probably highly valued as a mentor by the front office and coaches. The only thing that could change this is IMO if he asks the FO if they allow him to join a contender as a backup.
#knickstape
lxn_

nazrmohamed wrote:Hell no. Frank already knows defense and I'm not risking my high lotto pick on the off chance he does his job too well and we start winning meaningless games.
hes not playing that much anymore, like 8-10mins per game only. His impact would be more off the court type. Heck id even be happy if he only plays a few months then retires and joins our defensive staff. TBH I also dont want any vet to play meaningful minutes. Whether thats Jarret Jack or Noah. I also think hes open to hearing teams out, cuz if not woj normally announces it like " player xxx was just waived and is expected to sign with team yy". Its been 3 days now and he hasnt signed with a team yet. just because Frank knows defense doesnt mean you dont sign a guy whos one of the best defenders of all time on a freakin minimum salary. Cuz right now its definitely a bad look when your lead vet(Noah) is the one arguing with coaching staff. TA has that alpha mentality that we could benefit from, most likely during practices,training and film sessions.