[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 795

Don Che wrote:yup lol

obv im exaggerating but my goal now...legit only thing worth doing is getting 1 or 2 players better than KP....looking at this draft...Ayton and Doncic have the skill/talent to do so...I just dont trust Ayton's motor he just seems like a big kid having fun. Doncic thinks the game...even tho he doesnt have the best physical tools...similar to Kidd or Bird who just saw/thought the game at a higher level.

Trae is nasty but im not a fan of high turnover players esp as skinny as he is...championship teams are built on not turning it over. So even tho we are far from that currently i'd still build with those principles from the ground up.

JJJ to me can be special also but we need a great player that makes plays and unfortunately in the top 7...the only perimeter guys are Doncic/Trae/Sexton......i'd take Doncic 10/10 and would consider taking ayton over those 3 as well if his interviews go well.
Is Porter a SF or PF (It is impossible for me to see college ball in Denmark? I know he is injured but what position would he play in the NBA? Would he work next to KP as a SF?
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
Don Che
Likes given: 9

thats a great question....objectively...in todays nba hes def a tweener...but i see him the same way i saw Jayson Tatum

and Tatum is holding himself well at the 3...I just feel like Porter being a little bigger might be a 4 at the next level but if he was playing with KP...he'd have to be the 3..KP can't survive playing the 5 with him helping him out.

Porter if healthy is the best scorer in this class...well maybe not the way Trae drops buckets but as an overall scorer...Porter kills you from everywhere..itll be like drafting Melo honestly..but taller not as heavy.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Kristaps Porzingis Says He’s Accustomed To Shutting Up His Haters http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kristaps- ... up-haters/
#TeamTank
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote: what y'all think

Dude is turning into a stud. Can defend as well. Would of been a nice fit next to kp
Fxck Adam Silver
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

A little sunshine in this tough hour for Knicks fans:

By Al Iannazzone
al.iannazzone@newsday.com @Al_Iannazzone

In his first public comments since his season ended on Feb. 6, Porzingis said “it’s pretty far off to put a timetable out there.” But four weeks out of surgery, Porzingis is walking without crutches. He said his rehab is going well, he has a positive mindset, and he’s also begun working on his upper-body strength.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
gradyandrew

NewlyKnicked wrote:A little sunshine in this tough hour for Knicks fans:

By Al Iannazzone
al.iannazzone@newsday.com @Al_Iannazzone

In his first public comments since his season ended on Feb. 6, Porzingis said “it’s pretty far off to put a timetable out there.” But four weeks out of surgery, Porzingis is walking without crutches. He said his rehab is going well, he has a positive mindset, and he’s also begun working on his upper-body strength.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Randle in the Rafters
Don Che

i still think KP is about 60% of what he can be....and hes an all star at 60% lmao

and i'd take Randle over Kanter also...fits this team and current NBA much better.
NYGM
Likes given: 473

Don Che wrote:i still think KP is about 60% of what he can be....and hes an all star at 60% lmao

and i'd take Randle over Kanter also...fits this team and current NBA much better.
How much can demand Randle in the open market?
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:i still think KP is about 60% of what he can be....and hes an all star at 60% lmao

Oh yeah for sure. If we could get Randle I'd be pumped.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

I think after the last couple hike years.......teams arent going to be paying a lot anymore.

so i really dont knows some bad to his game but also some good and very promising
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:I think after the last couple hike years.......teams arent going to be paying a lot anymore.

so i really dont knows some bad to his game but also some good and very promising
He'd be the perfect frontcourt pairing with KP because he's fast, quick, strong, a beast on the boards and most importantly, young. I'd rather lock him up than Kanter, who I really do like.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

100% agree...its nothign against Kanter but if Oakley/Starks/Spreewell/Walt/Ewing can be traded....im not gonna sweat Kanter lol
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don Che wrote:100% agree...its nothign against Kanter but if Oakley/Starks/Spreewell/Walt/Ewing can be traded....im not gonna sweat Kanter lol
Well see that's the thing. I said we should trade him at the deadline. You wanted to let him walk so we get nothing. So essentially we got Mudaiy for Melo. Great utilization of assets.

Oh well.
Don Che

im beyond considering moves just because of what it got us from Melo...im just focused on the team building.

if you let Kanter walk...get room to sign someone else is a whole other situation. I just mean that thinking about prior moves to debate what you do moving forward isnt the way to go.
NewlyKnicked

Don Che wrote:I think after the last couple hike years.......teams arent going to be paying a lot anymore.

Randle has been playing great lately. He's the reason why the Lakers are still in the po run. He doesn't shoot 3s but he has a nice enough jumper (shooting 39% from 3-10 feet and from 10-16 feet on the season) so that he doesnt jam the paint either. I think he will commend more than the $5M he has in his qualifying offer. I wouldn't be surprised it rises to $15M/yr
NewlyKnicked

Question is: will the lakers go all in in trying to get George/Lebron or will they play it a bit safer and keep Julius??
Don Che

i dont watch the lakers but its clear they are going all in on free agents

they have kuzma and i highly doubt they wanna pay Randle big bucks.

if we offer him starter money..hes ours
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don Che wrote:i dont watch the lakers but its clear they are going all in on free agents

they have kuzma and i highly doubt they wanna pay Randle big bucks.

if we offer him starter money..hes ours
Frank
Hardaway
Bridges
Randle
Porzingis

I'd have to see Frank take a huge leap in offense and Bridges pan out but that right there is an exciting modern day lineup, for sure.
dcapodic

https://nypost.com/2018/03/24/meet-the- ... s/?src=rss

Interesting article on KP's rehab. One thing about KP, he can never be accused of not working hard.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Don Che

i really...hope and wish he can play the 5 when he comes back.

as much as he will stil get bodied by the DJ's, Adam's of the league I can't overlook 2 things he does well and 1 thin he does bad.

Pros:
1. protect the rim
2. cover pick and rolls

Con:
1. Horrible at covering the 3 point line.

and when i see guys like Clint Capela doing that I wonder how he surives it and KP doesnt. Along with the fact we have a 19 year old PG that statistically is top in covering the pick and roll.

To me NBA defenses are derived off 2 things...covering the 3 point line and pick and roll. Frank/KP cover one of those things and they can cover different positions on a pinch.