"Porzingis isn't a franchise player"

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 534

Don Che, I'm with you on KP. Too early to tell. But you still undervalue Curry now (not at 22). The Warriors franchise was way worse than the Kings and Curry is the reason they became what they are. It's not Curry who would look bad on the Kings, it's the other guys that couldn't do what they do without him.
#knickstape
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

He isn't prime time

Meanwhile I'm watching towns kill it vs okc.

Outside of protect the rim what does he do so great?
Fxck Adam Silver
Laborant
Likes given: 0

I'm tired of this shit. There is only one thing that stops KP from rising to full potential - his strength! When he gains more strength all those little touches on elbow will be nothing. Not to mention small guards attacking his core. Yes, I'm from Latvia and yes I'm here only cos of him. But may I say some of you are too negative. As I said previous - there are null signs that he will not fulfill his potential, unless thous instagram lady's shit brings him to hes knees :D
rebound
Likes given: 1102

Feel bad for KP. yes he needs to get stronger before he can reach his full potential, but he's surrounded by players who shouldn't be in the league. he has no help and a lame duck coach.

He should leave this gutter trash team and flourish.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
taowave
Likes given: 817

No big deal here.KP has made big strides in some areas,and has shown some weaknesses that hold him back..

Yes,he needs to get stronger,but he also needs to learn to recognize doubled and pass out of them.He also needs to develop a go to move. Right now he's best at catch and shoot, which would be fine if we had a PG that broke down the D or a wing that commanded a double.

And at done point he should work with Kareem or Hakeem. At 7'3", a baby hook would go a long way.
NYGM
Likes given: 470

rebound wrote:Feel bad for KP. yes he needs to get stronger before he can reach his full potential, but he's surrounded by players who shouldn't be in the league. he has no help and a lame duck coach.

I don't get this..

We have our own pick this year, should be a really good young player to ADD to this core..

Also we have THJ and Frank (who needs to develope too) already..

What we need is more talent this off-season and start dropping some players who doesn't fit the timeline..

KP is 2 years away to get where he needs to really dominate IMO, he's learning a lot by himself this season..

Next season we should be able to make a definite step to playoffs for sure, with a young talented squad in place and a much physically matured young star in KP..
Don Che
Likes given: 9

KP and his brother have taken the slow approach to his weight progression but i think for him to really take on what defense do to him..he has to get to the 250-255 range.

while a lot of centers are 240.....they are 6'11-7'1....KP being 7'3 its just a too slight of a frame and his lack of upper body strength really leaves no repercussion to the defense for bumping him.

I think that extra 10 pounds will even the playing field ...and 7'3 250 is actually...still kind of skinny if you think about it but its better than where he is now.
KnicksRUs

rebound wrote:but he's surrounded by players who shouldn't be in the league
Sometimes I feel like you're a tad bit extreme (hypocritical, I know). Besides maybe Baker, everyone else on the roster would absolutely get minutes somewhere else
"I hate them" - Stugotz
lxn_

Don Che wrote:KP and his brother have taken the slow approach to his weight progression but i think for him to really take on what defense do to him..he has to get to the 250-255 range.

while a lot of centers are 240.....they are 6'11-7'1....KP being 7'3 its just a too slight of a frame and his lack of upper body strength really leaves no repercussion to the defense for bumping him.

I think that extra 10 pounds will even the playing field ...and 7'3 250 is actually...still kind of skinny if you think about it but its better than where he is now.
totally agree.. 250-255lbs is the weight I want him to reach.
That is my main concern though, they might have the "we dont want to risk injury thats why we dont want to add weight" mindset too much. I believe to be a star in this league you got to risk it a little. I dont know if its entirely his brother who doesnt want to risk it a little. Heck even kd(who is actually 240lbs+) might be heavier than he is right now. I hope they give him an ultimatum for next season, and not just accept the I got stronger without adding weight bs again.
spree#8
Likes given: 534

rebound wrote:Feel bad for KP. yes he needs to get stronger before he can reach his full potential, but he's surrounded by players who shouldn't be in the league. he has no help and a lame duck coach.

What about growing with this team instead? :hmm: Could be the right plan for this trash team and KP. ;)
#knickstape
Don Che

KD was a twig as a rook and couldnt bench 185 more than 3 times

i remember a year or 2 ago he put up 300 easy. KP posted a lot of vids of his workout and i saw a lot of core work which is smart and def should be the mainstay but he NEEDS to start working on his upper body this year...he's 22 and thats about when your body stops growing..its time to get the weight up
taowave
Likes given: 817

Dam Don,you cant seriously believe Durant puts up 300 on the bench..

Is that the video you were watching??

Its completely fake,KD was pranking...

Did you notice that you couldnt see the full barbell,be cause spotters were helping him lift?

Look at how effortless it was..

Heres another one for you showing Barkley benching 400 plus

Don Che wrote:KD was a twig as a rook and couldnt bench 185 more than 3 times

i remember a year or 2 ago he put up 300 easy. KP posted a lot of vids of his workout and i saw a lot of core work which is smart and def should be the mainstay but he NEEDS to start working on his upper body this year...he's 22 and thats about when your body stops growing..its time to get the weight up
Don Che

HAHAHA your 100% right htf did i not question that....but still look at him from rookie year till now..he spent time in the weight room.

remember Noah his first 2 years he was skinny and one offseason he came in much more fit.

KP flat out isnt heavy/strong enough to dominate everyday..he has the skill just needs more force.
Muzhik1

KP needs help. Timmy is decent, but he is also inconsistent. KP needs a star player who can consistently put up at least 20 ppg to take some pressure off of him.