Around the NBA 2017-18

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

dcapodic
Likes given: 0

dcapodic wrote:How good is John Wall? Wall out, score:

Utah - 116
Wash - 69

Whoa!
I guess Beal decided he wasn't gonna let that happen again so he just put up 51 on Portland!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
shakespeare

Wizards gonna need a lot of Beal until Wall returns.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Weak referee initiated contact with Livingston and then turned around and threw him out the game http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/03/sha ... ial-video/
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

shakespeare wrote:Weak referee initiated contact with Livingston and then turned around and threw him out the game http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/03/sha ... ial-video/
Really sick of all the refs. Guys are always on a power trip. And I wouldnt be surprised if they were still gambling on games.
shakespeare

I feel you, Koop. It's been that way for awhile. I figured once Joey Crawford exited the building that all the dramatics and power trips would cease. I don't think I've ever witnessed a ref "step" to a player though.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

OKC is 2-10 on the road thus far this season.
#TeamTank
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Oladipo is really good
Fxck Adam Silver
taowave
Likes given: 844

i really like Sabonis as well...

An unexpected great trade for the Pacers
ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Oladipo is really good
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Victor Oladipo is finally showing the world this year why he was compared to D-Wade before coming into the league. A new career high 47 points today.
#knickstape
taowave

and 7 reb,6 assists..

Did they get lucky or what??

Who in their right mind would have thought they fared well in the PG trade????
shakespeare

I said OKC traded away a good player in Oladipo. Someone replied he was a bum. I don't feel like looking for the thread. Is he better than George? Of course not. But he had little to no room to shine in OKC which is no different than Paul George's current situation. I doubt Oladipo ever felt comfortable in OKC.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Celtics avenged the loss to Pistons. Drummond and Reggie Jackson combined for 6 points. Drummond had all six of those six points.

That said, I'd love to see these two teams in a playoff series.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

shakespeare wrote:I said OKC traded away a good player in Oladipo. Someone replied he was a bum. I don't feel like looking for the thread. Is he better than George? Of course not. But he had little to no room to shine in OKC which is no different than Paul George's current situation. I doubt Oladipo ever felt comfortable in OKC.

Dunno if it was me but I definitely thought he was a bum :laugh:

The whole gimmick last year with OKC was that it was a one man team. Westbrook really only had chemistry with Adams. But all the guys in the Melo and George deals turned out to be good players. Dont wanna throw any shade on Westbrook but that was the story. :hmm:
shakespeare

Koopa Troopa wrote:

Dunno if it was me but I definitely thought he was a bum.
Hilarious.

If I'm not mistaken, it was you. I just didn't wanna say your name. Come to think about it, I saw something on Twitter yesterday where someone commented about how every single player that was traded away from OKC are better players without Westbrook.

Even said Durant and Harden were better players since they're no longer teammates with Russ.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

They showed a graphic today of Oladipo's physique from May and then later from July. He went from flabby to completely ripped. It was like one of those fraudulent late night TV infomercials. Probably has a lot to do with Oladipo this season. He looks faster, stronger and has way more energy.
dcapodic

The Rockets have not lost a game that Chris Paul has played in.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
taowave

Interestingly,he likes playing off the ball with Harden.

I love watching that team.

They missed a landmine by not getting Melo...

dcapodic wrote:The Rockets have not lost a game that Chris Paul has played in.
dcapodic

taowave wrote:Interestingly,he likes playing off the ball with Harden.

I love watching that team.

They missed a landmine by not getting Melo...

I agree tao. I question whether they were really interested or just playing along seeing if they could get Melo for a song.

They really are a fun team to watch and as much credit as Harden gets, i still think he deserves more. The guy plays every night, big minutes as the focal point of his team and just keeps delivering.

That offense is perfect for Paul!!

Still gets to me when people chop apart MD cause of things that happened in NY. His offense is what the NBA is about right now. Not necessarily my cup of tea but it is fun to watch and successsful!
shakespeare

Remember back around '15 when I said the forum was crazy to not trade Melo for Harden? Harden to Houston is a trade that rebuilt that entire franchise.

One trade did it.

Also, at only 23 years of age, Clint Capela is poised to get PAID when it's his time to be a free agent.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

shakespeare wrote:Remember back around '15 when I said the forum was crazy to not trade Melo for Harden? Harden to Houston is a trade that rebuilt that entire franchise.

One trade did it.

Also, at only 23 years of age, Clint Capela is poised to get PAID when it's his time to be a free agent.

Yeah, we were crazy. But at the same time Harden has really evolved as a player since. He was a black hole before, now he is an incredible playmaker.