D' Angelo "Snitch B*tch" Russell

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

noypi
Likes given: 24

basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241381/Lakers-Isolating-DAngelo-Russell-Since-Nick-Young-Video-Surfaced
D'Angelo Russell has lost the trust of some teammates after a video surfaced of a conversation he had with Nick Young.

The video, which is believed to have come to light last week via the Twitter account of a celebrity gossip site, shows Russell filming Young while asking questions about Young being with other women. In the video, Young does not appear to realize he's being taped.

Young got engaged to Australian rapper Iggy Azalea last summer.

Various Lakers officials are aware of the issue and are dismayed with Russell, sources say, but to this point they have chosen not to intervene.

"Right now," one source said, "they're handling it by isolating him."

Said one team insider: "This was a prank gone wrong and a mistake by [Russell], and he has to be held accountable, but I would hope he isn't overly criticized for it."

At a recent breakfast meeting, one source said, no Laker would sit with Russell at his table. The source added that, in another instance, Russell came into the locker room and sat next to Lou Williams, who got up and walked away.

"It's bad," one team source told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne. "It's about as bad as it can get. There were trust issues already. Now there's no trust."

Later in the conversation, while apparently still recording, Russell is heard telling Young, "I'm glad you told my video all that."

"Huh?" Young says, turning his face toward Russell before the video cuts off.
It would be interesting how Russell would recover from his brain fart. Dude broke the Bro Code, wth was he thinking clandestinely recording Nick Young about being with other women. Who would wanna play with a guy who you can't trust, especially one who will be the face of the franchise. He'd be a diva and a snitch lol.
Last edited by noypi on March 30th, 2016, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

this is all over the sports news right now. crazy

isn't nick young engaged? i'm not saying at all the Lakers should pick Nick Young going forward over D'Angelo... but there's no way to recover from this ever.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Wow.........crazy.

I'll say this though, if Russell doesn't reach his potential within the next 2-3 years.............this guy will be out of the league out of MERE EXILE. Right now, Russell damn near lost the respect of not just his fellow Lakers teammates..........but damn near every active NBA player in the league.

If Russell wants to survive in the league past his rookie contract, besides apologizing to begin the process of gaining trust back, he needs to start playing his ass off to live up to his #2 draft selection label............b/c players can start tolerating and opening up to a guy with an untrustworthy track record if they are damn stud.

But if you're a bust for your draft selection AND you have this situation as one of your early career highlights, you're ass is going to China and visiting Marbury :laugh: :laugh:
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Bro code is done in the NBA. dude prolly just messed up an engagement.
Fxck Adam Silver
big_j_NY

So I remember an article a couple weeks back about the Sixers exploring the idea of trading Jahlil Okafor this summer, and after this incident.......it looks like the Lakers will be looking to explore trading D'Angelo in the off-season as well.

Oh look, PERFECT TRADE PARTNERS............Sixers get rid of their bad egg AND get their future PG prospect that they have been looking for to start their rebuild, while the Lakers finally erase their previous mistake of drafting D'Angelo AND replace Roy Hibbert's punkass in the middle of the paint.
ISIAH_THOMAS

Trade Russell for a top 5 pick in this draft
Fxck Adam Silver
noypi
Likes given: 24

big_j_NY wrote:Wow.........crazy.

I'll say this though, if Russell doesn't reach his potential within the next 2-3 years.............this guy will be out of the league out of MERE EXILE. Right now, Russell damn near lost the respect of not just his fellow Lakers teammates..........but damn near every active NBA player in the league.

If Russell wants to survive in the league past his rookie contract, besides apologizing to begin the process of gaining trust back, he needs to start playing his ass off to live up to his #2 draft selection label............b/c players can start tolerating and opening up to a guy with an untrustworthy track record if they are damn stud.

But if you're a bust for your draft selection AND you have this situation as one of your early career highlights, you're ass is going to China and visiting Marbury :laugh: :laugh:
Exactly. People will tolerate a superstar with an attitude but a rookie or a non-allstar, I don't think so. Future free agents would be wary to sign with the Lakers having an immature rookie as the future face of the franchise in the roster. The distrust in the locker room and maybe the whole organization would be infectious. Trading him now for Okafor would be the wisest thing to do if this does thing not blow over in the next week or so.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Sounds like this will pass. Maybe he'll have to go wash some players cars, pick up some dry cleaning but it'll pass. He apologized now the best thing is to keep his mouth shut and work hard
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

I have mixed feelings about this but really I don't feel sorry for either of them.

This isn't as clear cut as bro-code. They're on a basketball team together, that doesn't on its' own make Russell obligated to keep Young's dirty laundry. Apparently they were friends above and beyond being team-mates, so yeah Russel fucked up.

What do you think Tim Duncan would've done if Tony Parker was talking about cheating on his wife? He probably would've told him to STFU. Russell's a kid, but ideally you shouldn't have that sort of interactions between team-mates/co-workers. I just have a hard time feeling bad for Young.

Bro-code doesn't cover gossiping, it shouldn't have to and no-one should be in that situation. There's no reason to talk to anyone about your dirty laundry or ask someone about it. Mind your own business.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Russell is a moron.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
big_j_NY

nazrmohamed wrote:Sounds like this will pass. Maybe he'll have to go wash some players cars, pick up some dry cleaning but it'll pass. He apologized now the best thing is to keep his mouth shut and work hard
After watching Russell's press conference yesterday addressing this issue, I kinda agree with you nazr in that sense.

But when you got fucking Julius Randle of all people adding his 2 cents in the situation in locker room interviews over this situation, it'll be a fucking while. Granted, I think the press conference that Russell had yesterday showed that NOT EVERYONE IN THE LAKERS LOCKER ROOM is exiling him.............but it did expose the character of a lot of players on the active Lakers roster.

If Russell stays clean for the rest of the season (like 2 fucking weeks left, so he most likely will), the Lakers might be cleaning house on the active roster BESIDES Kobe's retirement and kicking Hibbert's expiring carcass to the curb. A lot of the bitterness they are showing over the Russell/Swaggy P issue with their "2 cent opinions" and shit, a lot of those players (both young guys and vets) have also made themselves trading options if they aren't free agents this off-season besides Russell.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I wish I saved it but I read a good article about this whole ordeal. It basically reasoned that none of this will matter within the next four weeks as the Lakers will indeed miss the playoffs, at which point 50% of his team will be eliminated. Swaggy wont be a Laker, Kobe is retiring and many more wont be returning. It was wrong but as far as the Lakers go his locker room issues will fade away. This'll be his team within 3 yrs. More so than Randalls at least.
PinoyKnicksFan
Likes given: 0

I think the problem here is that Russell hasn't apologized to Young personally. While Young has kept it low every time he's asked about it, Russell just keeps on apologizing to whoever he's apologizing to during his interviews.
big_j_NY

PinoyKnicksFan wrote:I think the problem here is that Russell hasn't apologized to Young personally. While Young has kept it low every time he's asked about it, Russell just keeps on apologizing to whoever he's apologizing to during his interviews.
We actually can't confirm that either.........Russell may have attempted to apologize to Young in private before his interviews and press conferences, but Young just hasn't had time to accept the apology.

So us as the general public shouldn't be baited into making that accusation, Pinoy
ISIAH_THOMAS

He has found new life in Brooklyn. Nets had a good off-season crazy how they have more talent than us :drool:
Fxck Adam Silver
spree#8
Likes given: 540

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:He has found new life in Brooklyn. Nets had a good off-season crazy how they have more talent than us :drool:
Not seeing it. Russel is the only really interesting player they have. Picking him up, because the Lakers new management acted dumb, was a great move though.
#knickstape
ISIAH_THOMAS

Allen crabbe? He is better than Tim.always thought he could be a starter just stuck behind dame and cj. Levert is good and rhj is nice glue guy

Demaree caroll would be the best small forward on this tsam
Fxck Adam Silver
spree#8

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Allen crabbe? He is better than Tim.always thought he could be a starter just stuck behind dame and cj. Levert is good and rhj is nice glue guy

Demaree caroll would be the best small forward on this tsam
No, thank you. Crabbe is worse. THJ has a well-rounded offensive game Crabbe has not. Carroll is on a bad contract that Toronto wanted to move at all cost. Pass again. The other guys are also not more talented than our young guys.
#knickstape
ISIAH_THOMAS

Tim is not a better all around offensive player.

Bad contracts? Kanter Noah tim are our top 3 paid players
Fxck Adam Silver
spree#8

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Tim is not a better all around offensive player.

Bad contracts? Kanter Noah tim are our top 3 paid players
Definitely. Eye test and stats. Timmy easily comes out in front. He can shoot, drive and pull up. I take the 19 points per 36 minutes for the guy I signed to be a second option over the 13 point something scorer. I have no problem with his or Kanter's price tag.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... 01&y2=2017

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... 01&y2=2017
#knickstape