Trade for D-wade

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

bigboj55555
Likes given: 0

I seriously expected the franchise to start the tanking process this summer, but unless we can trade melo that doesnt seem likely. As it stands the knicks could easily be a playoff team in the wasteland called the eastern conference. I would trade lee , thomas and Kuzminskas for dwade and valentine or payne. It think it would make us a little more watchable this season and give us a young asset. In the long run it would open us up to making a run in next years free agent pool especially if melo wants to join the other fee agents next season. Plus i actually think its in melo's best interest to opt out after this season. He will leave almost 30 mill on the table but he could sign a three or fouryear deal ,where in two years those deals wont be there. Unless we could deal noah which doesn't seem likely we can cut him next year and use the stretch provision to open up more cap space. Most importantly ,we have to do what those 90s knicks did and build a team around our home grown superstar. Maybe a little of topic but i keep trying convince myself that frank will be just as good as dsj and mm but his tape is just not as good no matter how many youtube highlights i watch.I just hope being a role player on a chamionship team in france hinderd what he was really able to show. Porzingas proved me sooo wrong so i hope he does the same
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

lol. He's on the last year of his deal. Best to go into a full rebuild.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Whose this guy everybody loves in next years draft. Luca Docjnik, or whatever his name is spelled? Havent really scouted him yet but as of right now hes a top 3 pick. What's his statline?

Brandon Jennings never became a star, but for a while even at the nba level he was thought to have potential which really only fizzled once he tore his achilles. Somebody tell me his european tour statline?

The best euro prospect since sliced bread. Rubio is it? Go find his stat line

In fact Ive never seen a european prospect outside of maybe Manu Ginobli who put up American numbers in Europe and he was more like Kukoc where he came over after being a veteran already. But the problem really comes down to the fact that American fans cant fairly compare european prospects to American prospects cuz they dont really understand euro culturs.
- even for vets its hard to put up American stats because teams are run like the Spurs where there's really no single dominant player. Its why LeBron couldn't work with Blatt. Everybody can shoot, everybody can pass, everyone moves and cuts. And benches are deep with coaches who moreso like to blitz the defense with constant fresh bodies in a game that's not as long and a season that's not as long.

- American fans are ok with American development yet assume that euro players all come here ready to play. Its unfair. And Im not talking about euro vet free agents, Im talking about guys from europe 18-22. Some were developmental players on thier own teams. Difference is though that most American players never play anyone in thier lives more than 2 yrs age difference from themselves, while a euro prospect is that same player being judged against the current Manus of europe.

- Very important missed point- the culture in europe is much different than our AAU/College system. Keep my last point in your mind and just know that nobody in europe gives a flying F what Ntilikina needs to be. There is no coddling, there is no having vets sacrifice thier game so rookies can have the reps they need to develop. "Get open and you'll get the same looks equally as everyone else, sink or swim. " ESPECIALLY, when we all know you're gonna dump us for the nba anyway.

But there's one more point specifically for Frank that bodes well. Ive seen euros come over from many countries and one place rarely provides soft players. France. There are obviously players of varying skill levels just like anywhere else but how many you know from France play soft? They seem to build muscle rather fast, seem to be pretty athletic, don't play scared, aren't your typical shooters (they occupy all different roles). Again different skillsets from Turiaf all the way to Batum and Gobert. But rarely (only cuz someone reminded me of Weiss) are they panzies. I can't garauntee what Ntilikina is going to be, yoy cant garauntee what DSJ will be. But just know they were drafted back to back and then Monk fell to 12. I gotta assume if Frank was ranked that high, which he was until the combine which he couldn't attend, that hes got a high skill level for the type of euro I just described.

Im not against getting a good SG. Im not against getting a good Pg. In actually believe Frank could play in the same backcourt with either. I know Monk is a small, skinny SG who can't play defense. I can't say the same about DSJ, at least he has a position, has great size and strength for it. I think Monk isn't even in this conversation.

At worst Frank is never a star but ends up like George Hill. An adequate pg. Then again at SG I think he could end up prolific. Monk will be more like Jamal Crawford without the handle. Hell have a long career and probably WILL indeed score alot of points. But I feel teams will moreso see him as a great bench spark, while Frank is the bring pg who starts. And that's my worst case scenario.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

One player I AM keeping an eye on though is Waiters. Same way I was all over Beal last summer, I wanna rebuild like most but you find me an established player not far off in age from the types of players Id rebuild with and Im definitely intrigued. He could share the same backcourt with Frank and like Frank, his position is interchangeable. Whos the PG and whose the SG? Oh wait both.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

nazrmohamed wrote:Whose this guy everybody loves in next years draft. Luca Docjnik, or whatever his name is spelled? Havent really scouted him yet but as of right now hes a top 3 pick. What's his statline?
:LOL: Every once in a while when you mispell a foreign name it's funny to me because you overthink it: Luka Doncic.
Last season he averaged 8, 5 and 4 in 20 mpg.

Per the rest of your post I get the impression that in Europe the way the club systems work (prior to the premier league) if anything incentivizes development more than stuff like AAU and highschool ball where the coaches are all about their wins because you're going to a different team all the time and then the premier league is sink/swim.

One comparison that I didn't want to make to Monk because I thought we might draft him but he kind of reminds me of Ben Gordon. Ice, great shooter, athletic but undersized and had sort of a subpar career. But he also could've been ahead of his time.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Frank/Dion/KP/Will really do blend well together but Dion has to be willing to be more mature...the other 3 kids have been professionals and Jeff needs to establish team first.

but the Knicks are focusing on guards but really looking at this roster...we are missing a TRUE small forward...and I mean a guy who will defend the perimeter...since the above 4 are all under 26....I'd welcome a vet or young player in that spot. I think Frank on the perimeter...KP at the rim..we could use 1 or 2 forwards that are athletic and tough type guys that can either start(move willy to the bench) or have 1 start and the other off the bench.

I would use Rose/Melo to get those type of players back and late 1st or even 2nd round picks.

a player thats very young and I wasnt a fan of out of the draft but fits this is Kelly Oubre ...if Porter leaves and Melo is willing to go there. I'd take salary but def focus on getting Kelly in that deal. Not a fan of his mind but hes tough/competes and can physically guard 4 positions.

in regards to wade?.....no

getting any expensive veterans right now is the dumbest thing we can do.
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

We already have one old over the hill fogey on this team and his name is Joakim Noah.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

This post is a year late. Last season we should have just signed wade as a free agent and not do the Derrick rose trade, just an upgrade from Lee. Then this offseason with Calderon's salary coming off and not having Noah and lee clogging the cap, we would have had enough to sign Chris Paul. Oh well.
Randle in the Rafters
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 794

Don Che wrote:Frank/Dion/KP/Will really do blend well together but Dion has to be willing to be more mature...the other 3 kids have been professionals and Jeff needs to establish team first.

but the Knicks are focusing on guards but really looking at this roster...we are missing a TRUE small forward...and I mean a guy who will defend the perimeter...since the above 4 are all under 26....I'd welcome a vet or young player in that spot. I think Frank on the perimeter...KP at the rim..we could use 1 or 2 forwards that are athletic and tough type guys that can either start(move willy to the bench) or have 1 start and the other off the bench.

I would use Rose/Melo to get those type of players back and late 1st or even 2nd round picks.

a player thats very young and I wasnt a fan of out of the draft but fits this is Kelly Oubre ...if Porter leaves and Melo is willing to go there. I'd take salary but def focus on getting Kelly in that deal. Not a fan of his mind but hes tough/competes and can physically guard 4 positions.

Why wouldn't we want to try and get Otto Porter in a sign and trade with the Wizards instead of Oubre. Let's say the the Wizards believe a max deal is to high for Porter but instead of him leaving for nothing they add Melo to try and go all the way in a weak Eastern conference. We get our small forward for the future to pair with KP an Willy. everybody wins :drunk:
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Don Che wrote:Frank/Dion/KP/Will really do blend well together but Dion has to be willing to be more mature...the other 3 kids have been professionals and Jeff needs to establish team first.

Not sure KP is the model of professionalism. But okay. I'll ignore that to get to the good parts. Kelly Oubre should be a target. I get that Rusty likes Otto, but Oubre is nearly exactly where Porter was at this stage in his career and he's younger and cheaper.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

I f you happened to catch the Celtics-Bulls series; you wouldve noticed two things, Wade looked done(allbeit he did return early from a wrist injury); and Rondo looked amazing in the two initial wins in Boston against the # seed before hurting his wrist.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.