Knicks want to bring back Prigioni.........as an asst coach

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/234 ... h-job.html

So we're finally looking for people that IS NOT a Phil "Yes Man?" And its our ol' boy Pablo?

:o
Don Che
Likes given: 9

that would be awesome.....wonder what he'd focus on
Geolink
Likes given: 0

Fire Rambis, hire Pablo.
Geolink wrote:Must be nice to sit out for months from your job, still earn millions in guaranteed money, and fucking a nice model girlfriend at a tropical beach...
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 184

Geolink wrote:Fire Rambis, hire Pablo.
Fire Rambis anyway.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

yes, to priggy smalls!
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

#BringPriggyHome
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

:thumbsup:
He always played disruptive defense, almost seemed to me that he did a lot of it on his own because he was like the only guard on the roster that would defend past 25' and he consistently played 82'. Prigioni was the man.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
taowave
Likes given: 844

Interesting....Doesn't seem like a Jackson guy..
noypi
Likes given: 24

taowave wrote:Interesting....Doesn't seem like a Jackson guy..
Hornacek's not a Jackson guy. Look what he's been reduced to... a doormat for Phil to walk all over on.

But I'd still want Prigs as assistant coach.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
NYGM
Likes given: 490

Yes..
taowave

Exactly... Wondering if management is forcing an outside guy on Phil.

noypi wrote:
Hornacek's not a Jackson guy. Look what he's been reduced to... a doormat for Phil to walk all over on.

But I'd still want Prigs as assistant coach.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Nah, I don't think anyone's telling Phil who to hire. I think Phil just likes different opinions..... which he'll send up ignoring and doing whatever the F he wants to do.
taowave

We are going full triangle,do it may as well be Frank.
Knicks president Phil Jackson met recently with Kristaps Porzingis' brother to discuss some of the issues that prompted the Latvian star to skip out on his exit meeting, the Daily News has learned.

However, the lengthy sit-down in New York accomplished very little to bridge the chasm as Jackson remained steadfast in his ways and direction, according to a team source.

Kristaps was overseas while Janis Porzingis - who is also Kristaps' agent - represented his younger brother. It's unclear what they specifically discussed but Kristaps' discontent with the organization's dysfunction turned public after the 21-year-old passed on attending his exit meeting last month.

Both Jackson and Janis spoke around these issues to the media prior to their meeting, with the latter telling ESPN that Kristaps wants to remain in New York but also desires "for the Knicks to create an environment where he can develop and grow as a player and win."

Phil Jackson doesn't seem to want to budge when it comes to his vision of the team.

Jackson referred to a statement from coach Jeff Hornacek, who said Porzingis progressed last season and, "(You) can't do anything about the past. That’s the big thing. Whatever happened and went on, you can’t dwell on it.”

Apparently Porzingis can't do much about the future, either, with Jackson unrelenting in his philosophies while aiming to increase his influence over the coaching staff. According to sources, one of Jackson's objectives is to tailor the workouts and training sessions around learning the triangle offense.

"I think I've got to do a little bit more on-scene, on-target mentoring," Jackson said last month.

Although statistically very impressive, Porzingis' production per minute last season was roughly the same as his rookie campaign. For the first two months, Porzingis played like an All-Star and the Knicks were headed toward the playoffs. But then he strained his Achilles and the season spiraled downward amid confusion about the offense, the defense, Carmelo Anthony's future, Joakim Noah's availability and Derrick Rose's whereabouts.

The trade for Rose last summer was clearly a negative for Porzingis. He had paired well in the front court with Robin Lopez (dealt away in the trade), and saw less of the ball with Rose on the floor.

Porzingis sat out the final five games of the season with a sore back, skipped his exit meeting with Jackson and then flew to Latvia to announce that he'll be competing in the European championships this summer.

As recently as last week, Hornacek said he reached out to Porzingis via text message but indicated there was no response.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

I guess Prigioni's prolly taking Longstaff's spot...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketbal ... 1.13654250

Melo almost out, Phil is driving our next franchise player out. Is it time to recognize his great work as a Lakers mole?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
taowave

Ok,so Phil's master plan is to force KP and Melo out.
StevoStarks

taowave wrote:Ok,so Phil's master plan is to force KP and Melo out.
That's the most disturbing part about him. I can at least see where he's coming from on the Melo trade. The way he's gone about it has been nothing short of disastrous, but I see the reasoning behind starting over.

But pushing out the only positive move you've made as a GM, he's fucking lost it.

I've started to really hate this guy. He's so narcissistic, narrow minded and egotistical. Reminds me of someone I read a lot about in the news these days.

What a surprise, another POS President in the NYK franchise has taken the team hostage and continued to make boneheaded move after boneheaded move, often times defying logic.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Stressin
Likes given: 0

If we do hire Prigioni then we must select the Frenchmen Frank Nitty natural defensive prowess with the 8th pick in the draft.
Plus select PG Frank Mason offensive quickness and high IQ as the 2nd pick in the 2017 draft.
The two guards could be the Knicks future to winning B.Ball only if the Knicks develop them as keepers for 4 seasons.

The Knicks biggest problem could be the change each season in guard-rotation ..
In 2014-15 we had .. Calderon n Shumpert n JRsmith n Hardaway n Larkin
In 2015-16 we had .. Calderon n Affallo n Galloway n Grant n Sasha
In 2016-17 we had .. Rose n Lee n Jennings n Baker n Holiday
In 2017-18 ?????
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 162

2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

I'd want Priggy Smalls to develop Frank's Euro step p&r game, kinda steal moves from Harden, who like Frank, is 6'5" with 7' wingspan, get more craftiness than explosiveness in his drives.
Don Che

id love this move.

really enjoying what we are doing man...hope it happens