Reasons to DISLIKE Porzingis...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

KP working on his core and staying the same weight was a good decision

Now he can gain 6-8 more tops 10. Ppl forget... KP gained 15 pounds from the time he got drafted to the time the season started last year. Gaining 20+ pounds in a year on that frame may not be ideal the process is gradual and I'll take 18/7/2 any day of the week from a player that's still gaining form into his body.
taowave
Likes given: 817

I'm 6'4" and weighed 165 when I went to college.I put on 30 pounds my freshman year while I played ball. At 7’3”, he should have zero problems putting on and carrying some extra muscle without it affecting his game.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Chad Ford had his draft weight posted as 230

Either way... from the NY POST: http://nypost.com/2016/04/14/kristaps-p ... xt-season/
Porzingis ended the season at about 233 pounds after starting the season at 239. He had put on 11 pounds from the time he got drafted to the onset of training camp last October.

Porzingis dropped weight because of the season’s daily grind. Porzingis also admitted he felt a little “less mobile” at the higher weight, but knows he needs to put on pounds to become a better post defender and post scorer.

“Ten to 13 pounds would be the goal,’’ Porzingis said Thursday after exit meetings. “I want to put on the weight, but I want to feel as quicker, if not quicker. That’s the goal. That’s why the offseason is so big for me. 245 would be a good weight for me.’’
So it's unlikely this guy is going to bulk up if he spends the summer playing basketball. He loses a decent bit of seat during the season.

It's also important to consider that KAT hasn't actually gained any weight since he was drafted. He just turned blubber into muscle. He's built to carry that much weight which kind of makes me think KP is not. We may never see KP have a low post game or average more than 8 boards a game.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

taowave wrote:I'm 6'4" and weighed 165 when I went to college.I put on 30 pounds my freshman year while I played ball. At 7’3”, he should have zero problems putting on and carrying some extra muscle without it affecting his game.
Yeah Tao, I'm 6'3 and i've weighed everything from 160 to 200 in the last 6 years. But we're also not Latvian.
In Thibs we trust.

Don Che

And not professional athletes

KP will gain weight this off season

He just needs to workout and get stronger
H20Knick

Don Che wrote:And not professional athletes

KP will gain weight this off season

He just needs to workout and get stronger
His weight right now is 3 pounds more than it was when we drafted him. Stop throwing in words like "just". You make it sound so easy. If it was so easy, he would've done it already and maintained it.
In Thibs we trust.

Laborant
Likes given: 0

I don't get it. KP is by far the best young player on NYK since Partick and still you find ways to doubt him. He will get stronger! He will develop low post moves! For fuck's sake he is just 21! White guys physically develop slower. And those of you who think he is not first scoring option material on championship team - he'll prove you wrong!
Don Che

that white guy line is hilarious
taowave

That's a good point.
Latvians are notoriously poor at putting on muscle mass,a relatively unknown phenomenon outside of Latvia.

H20Knick wrote: Yeah Tao, I'm 6'3 and i've weighed everything from 160 to 200 in the last 6 years. But we're also not Latvian.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

Are Latvian's not muscular because they're Latvian or because they come from a country with a GSP per capita under 14k US? Never been there but when KP was born wasn't Latvia borderline second-world? Doesn't have much to do with KP but a stereotype like that could have to do with a lot of people not getting a well-rounded diet for a long time.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
taowave

Slow down N8..

I was attempting to be humorous..

I think KP is bone thin because he doesn't lift..
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

taowave wrote:Slow down N8..

I was attempting to be humorous..

I think KP is bone thin because he doesn't lift..
My bad. :o
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
H20Knick

I actually did some research and apparently Latvia has one of the highest %s of overweight and obese people in all of europe. Also, they have the worlds tallest women on average?
In Thibs we trust.

taowave

Lol,you are very thorough in your research..
Ari_Ingus

H20Knick wrote:I actually did some research and apparently Latvia has one of the highest %s of overweight and obese people in all of europe. Also, they have the worlds tallest women on average?
I`m Latvian, and that research sounds terribly wrong. Maybe 1 in 15 latvians have overweight and i`m not talking American kind of overweight :) just increased stomach from beer

Tallest women ? I would believe more if you would say shortest :D
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 158

In 2008, 57.5% of the adult population (> 20 years old) in Latvia were overweight and 24.9% were obese. So a bit more than you think, ari.

On another note, exclusive breastfeeding at 6 months of age was 16.4% in Latvia... that explains everything about KPs low post game :)

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/p ... e.pdf?ua=1
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
StevoStarks

Hahaha, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

There's no reason to dislike Porzingis. Time to be patient for once and let this kid grow in our organization, which will hopefully start trending towards the right direction once we get through this offseason. Fuck, I was even talking with a friend about how we gave up on THJ too early. He was balling in ATL last season.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

young ivan drago in training https://www.instagram.com/p/BUHlA1Hj7kQ/

will definitely help his core strength, teach him how to leverage his frame
Laborant

...that time when he neglects his training and opens another bball court in his home city
spree#8
Likes given: 534

Laborant wrote:...that time when he neglects his training and opens another bball court in his home city
:?

Wrong wording and wrong thread. Giving back to the community belongs in the "reasons to like"-thread.
#knickstape