I'm Back did you miss me :) blockbuster trade with Boston

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Yeah. In just reading other fansites and blogs and sports articles, it seems like teams think they'll have to give up an arm and a leg to get KP. We should really take advantage of this. A lot of people say that we give up on our own guys too soon, but theres a big difference between giving up on them and moving them for cap space versus using them to bring in quality draft picks and great assets. I look around the league, and having a absolute stud PG seems like a better thing to have than a stretch 4 who can block shots... so does having a superathlete wing who is an elite defender, but can handle the rock, nail the open 3, and finish in traffic.

The draft can get us that. Fultz 2017 and MPJ 2018. I know its a huge risk to gamble on next year's draft pick, but I gotta figure that we're bound to end up with a top 10 pick on our own and the Nets will assuredly still suck. Maybe the 3rd pick and the 10th pick will get you the 1st pick. It has been a long time since I've hung out in armchair GM... probably half a decade. But like Nazr said, it's about as fun as it gets if there are people in it.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
taowave
Likes given: 817

If you are a believer in selling high,now is the time to entertain offers for KP.

Would anyone trade KP for the number 1 and Brown/Crowder?

I don't think Philly trades Saric plus a top 4 pick for KP.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

taowave wrote:If you are a believer in selling high,now is the time to entertain offers for KP.

Would anyone trade KP for the number 1 and Brown/Crowder?

I don't think Philly trades Saric plus a top 4 pick for KP.

nope, i need 2 first rounders. i'll throw in melo though if that helps.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
vino92
Likes given: 0

What Philly or Boston willing to give I honestly have no idea all I can tell you is Boston is never gonna get past the Cavs unless they get a go to scorer to go with Isiah and a match up nightmare for the Cavs front line Tell me do you think a starting 5 made up of Melo KP Isiah Smart and Crowder can give the Cavs a run for there money I don't need Crowder included in my trade but I must have Brown and Brooklyn 1st round pick this year and next as for the Sixers all I can tell you is what I hear in sports radio down here and almost all trade scenarios they discuss down here involves Saric and one of there 1st round pick but I believe we can squeeze the Laker pick also if we give a future 1st rounder
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

vino92 wrote:I decided not to comment this year and let the Knicks play speak for me I was mostly laughed at the thought that Melo needed to be traded now pretty much everyone agrees. I think to trade Melo to the Clippers for what amounts to crap is foolish so I say we go Bold I propose a trade with Boston They get Melo and Porzingis we get Jaylen Brown Jae Crowder and Amir Johnson to make the salary match plus Brooklyn number 1 draft picks for this year and next. We draft Fultz to team with Brown and Hernanomez and trade Crowder to Miami for Winslow That gives us 4 starters under the age of 22 plus Brooklyn pick in 2018 also Amir 12 mil comes of the books next year Time to be BOLD!!!
Amir Johnson is expiring so we can't trade for him. The Celtics will be under the cap though.

Still not sure if I like trading KP but some of these proposals have my interest piqued. :hmm:
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
vino92

One other thing to keep in mind I know everyone thinks Melo has very little trade value but there is one scenario where that not true, if the Cav's lose to Golden State there is no doubt in my mind that LeBron will push for a Melo for Love trade and I know this sounds crazy but if we don't decide to trade him but we can get more for Love in a trade than for Melo
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 151

vino92 wrote:One other thing to keep in mind I know everyone thinks Melo has very little trade value but there is one scenario where that not true, if the Cav's lose to Golden State there is no doubt in my mind that LeBron will push for a Melo for Love trade and I know this sounds crazy but if we don't decide to trade him but we can get more for Love in a trade than for Melo
People on this forum have argued back and forth I'd still do that in a second. Love doesn't have a no trade clause and can be moved to 29 other teams whether he wants to or not. For that alone (plus age) he's a better trade chip even if he's not as talented as Melo.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
vino92

My thinking exactly Love would be a trade chip to either Boston or Orlando for some of there young players from Boston I want Brown and the Celtic number 1 pick (there not Brooklyn) and from Orlando I want Gordon and Hezonja Lets hope the Cav's lose