KP says he's 238 (lbs) (September 2016)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Don Che wrote:Your body type is your body type sometimes...and Kareem played at 240-250 for his career

Camby/Garnett had good years at the weight range also.

KP isnt build like the guys on your list and they dont move like he does. Just appreciate the anomoly that KP is and enjoy the ride.

If he can get to 245 this offseason he'd be set for next year.

Those guys are all studs and any given night they can one up eachother so I wouldnt be worried.
Nah, Im not gonna just sit back and appreciate it. Ill stop way short of saying he's soft but as H2O is showing this fear of him getting stronger is actually counterproductive to him staying healthy. These are grown men and impacts can harm players who don't got the body to take it and dish it back out. And that second part is important.
If KP wants to become a franchise player he's gotta be physically imposing. If he wants the player we draft this year to be that player then sure, take your time. But if he wants to show the worlds stage, which is NY that he's ready to carry this team through whatever, he's gotta dish it out. KG is a great example cuz I feel like KP will always be somewhat skinny. But like Garnett he's gotta be able to attack the basket like he's angry, be able to push bodies around inside, and basically not get pushed off his center on every offensive move he better hit the fucking gym. TODAY. And it'll probably save him from these car accidents he looks like he's getting into every day...make him stay healthy.
noypi
Likes given: 24

Somebody edit the thread title. I thought KP is 238 yr. old demigod come to save the Knicks. :P

Anywhooo, I remember it was the Greek Freak's 3rd yr. in the league that he really developed his body. From skinny to ripped and adding about 20lbs of muscle. Let's hope KP develops his body the same way.
“I’m still chasing a championship, I’m just chasing it here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I’ve come to peace with that. I’m doing it in my own way on my own time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/10/27/greatest-c ... -with-nyc/
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

i just wanna see him hold his position, not hit the deck every time an opposing player runs into him. even guards knock him down easily. having that kind of core strength will allow him to lean in just a bit when he's playing the post, get a foul call instead of shying away from contact.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

he is physically imposing...he's 7'3 and moves like hes 6'8

He doesnt need to bulk crazy it should be gradual. 245 is a very solid weight for a PF esp if he has to defend stretch 4's

KP's weight is the least of my concern....im more worried about the 3/2/1 spots....defense...playmaking...thinks like that.

KP would of dropped 20 ppg this year if he had playmakers on the roster.
taowave
Likes given: 844

KP is definitely the least of our problems
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

taowave wrote:KP is definitely the least of our problems
yeah but considering he's the only player on the entire roster who is likely to be starting on this team 4 years from now, he's the only player to talk about.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Don Che

dont sleep on Free Willy

He showed a lot his first year in the league. I want to see him get to 260-265. Showed he can score on the block/rebound/pass and step out and hit open jumpers. Him and KP can easily be starting here in 4 years.
H20Knick

Don Che wrote:dont sleep on Free Willy

He showed a lot his first year in the league. I want to see him get to 260-265. Showed he can score on the block/rebound/pass and step out and hit open jumpers. Him and KP can easily be starting here in 4 years.
I thought about Willy. I like Willy a lot. He can score and he rebounds well. But I do worry that we need a real enforcer down low. A D and D guy (dunk and defend). Maybe not though, I guess it is 2017. None of the contenders have guys like that actually getting minutes. I dont have anything to say about Willy though. He just needs to learn to defend better. 265 would be pretty cool. He's 255ish right now and he's really competitive on the glass. Looking at my recent post of young guys heights and weights, he's already pretty hefty for his height, but more muscle would push him towards being the Andre Drummond type. This is great because I love Andre Drummond. I dont know what its going to take for Willy to become a better defender. I'm not convinced its strength, i'm not convinced its agility either. It's like he has a low defensive IQ or something. IDK, but I like to wait until 2nd semester sophmore year before I start going in on critiquing guys. I'm okay with people drinking the kool-aid for the first year.
In Thibs we trust.

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

I'm not really sure how to feel about Willy. I see him being a lot like Enes Kanter honestly. Solid post defense against bangers, pretty subpar help/pnr defense, can create offense in the post and good offensive rebounder. He's deadly in the right matchups, solid low-post game, but there are a lot of teams (like the Rockets) that he just can't play against. I think OKC kind of regrets paying Kanter what he gets paid now. But then the Cavs do ok with T.Thomas.

Not with a lottery pick, but if the Knicks could get a player that was physical enough to guard the Monroe, Valanciunas and Cousins of the world but still quick enough to help/switch on PnRs and block shocks it would be invaluable. But guys like that don't grow on trees- like a young Noah/Chandler, Deandre, Biyombo type. Just seems to me that D&D (I like it H20) guys are the future of the league.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Don Che

Big guys take a while to figure it out, its his first year...and he knows what he can do better.

Will can be a starter here....so can Baker actually depending on the situation
H20Knick

Don Che wrote:Big guys take a while to figure it out, its his first year...and he knows what he can do better.

Will can be a starter here....so can Baker actually depending on the situation
Knowing what he can do better and actually doing it are different things. There is a whole lot of David Lee in Willy G's game. We sat here for years, "all DLee needs to do is get better on defense", and it never happened. It still hasn't happened. Everyone knows what his weakness is. He knows what his weakness is. Doesn't mean he can fix it.

if the situation is tank. sure, baker can be the starter. Nothing says starting on a tanker like 38% from the floor and 27% from deep. That 2:1 assist to turnover is great too.
In Thibs we trust.

Don Che

Baker will get better for sure.

I'd take prime Lee on a squad any day
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I think with KP we need him to get stronger in the sense that his body is underdeveloped. Willy is a little different. I think he's closer to having an nba body but just needs to work with a trainer to get in better shape. I think he could survive more of a heavy workload and also work to improve his athleticism.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

lateral quicks for sure and some more core strength, he could get pushed around a bit too easily; whg doesn't need to be dh in his prime but he has to make other bigs fight for position. both whg and kp have the physique of finesse players, need a streak of toughness.
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

cragganmor wrote:need a streak of toughness
I was waiting for someone to mention the heart factor.
#TeamTank
taowave

Heart????
Guy just laid out Phil..
He has tons of heart..Or is it more guts than brains:)
taowave

One guy is too skinny and one guy is too fat.
The fat guy should be a bruiser..

cragganmor wrote:lateral quicks for sure and some more core strength, he could get pushed around a bit too easily; whg doesn't need to be dh in his prime but he has to make other bigs fight for position. both whg and kp have the physique of finesse players, need a streak of toughness.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

cragganmor wrote:lateral quicks for sure and some more core strength, he could get pushed around a bit too easily; whg doesn't need to be dh in his prime but he has to make other bigs fight for position. both whg and kp have the physique of finesse players, need a streak of toughness.
shakespeare wrote:I was waiting for someone to mention the heart factor.
taowave wrote:One guy is too skinny and one guy is too fat.
The fat guy should be a bruiser.
I'm surprised that you guys that I generally agree with are all saying this. I was happy with Willy's toughness this season overall. I thought the dude played through some tough fouls, took his matchups personally and rarely lost position once he got it. Lateral quickness is a problem but having a more consistent team defensive concept would help with being in the right place to. He's no slower than 35 year old Tim Duncan.

I don't know if someone else said this but another guy Willy reminds me of is Z-Bo.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
taowave

I think Willy can easily get his body into NBA shape.He is very open as to how strong some of the opposing bigs were,and he said hes going to do get stronger and quicker. Guy has a high b-ball iq..thats half the battle
H20Knick

taowave wrote:Heart????
Guy just laid out Phil..
He has tons of heart..Or is it more guts than brains:)
Not sure how much skipping a meeting with a 71 year old translates to play 35 minutes bodying up the current crop of NBA bigs :LOL:
In Thibs we trust.