[Merged] Kristaps Porzingis is Going to Become a Perennial All-Star

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

taowave wrote:I agree...Dolan cant take a PR hit right now,which makes the KP chess game all the more interesting

Plus,Didint Phil have the option on this year?
Yeah, that's why you saw the 2-year extension news, tao.

Phil had to decide this summer whether to stay or go, but he ultimately agreed to the options for both next year and the final year of his contract to stay.

Dolan still could've decided to fire Phil whether Phil picked up his option or not, but as you can see........Dolan has done nothing.

Granted, Phil has an entire summer to force himself to be an endangerment to the organization that will force Dolan to fire him.........which I don't think Phil is THAT SENILE OF AN IDIOT of doing.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

say what you want about Dolan but....he is loyal and holds you down thru the hard times if you work for him.

Phil is far from being fired imo
taowave
Likes given: 844

Next banana peel Phil slips on will be his last if the team isn't .500 ball or better..
Ingus
Likes given: 0

ESPN thinks it is very likely for KP to have his debut in all star game this season. What do you think? I think 3rd season is what will show if he's gonna be the perennial all-star we hope he becomes. He's had 2 seasons to practice and mature, and there were no expectations for him to be the main player, he was behind Anthony.
But now, I really hope his time has come, and he becomes a star this season.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2027 ... -all-stars
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Ingus wrote:ESPN thinks it is very likely for KP to have his debut in all star game this season. What do you think? I think 3rd season is what will show if he's gonna be the perennial all-star we hope he becomes. He's had 2 seasons to practice and mature, and there were no expectations for him to be the main player, he was behind Anthony.
But now, I really hope his time has come, and he becomes a star this season.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2027 ... -all-stars
If Hornacek plays him at center I could see him getting voted in and starting (a few big dunks could make a big difference as well). Without the position requirements and all the perimeter players in the east I don't know if he'll get picked by the coaches.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
spree#8
Likes given: 547

The position he plays doesn't matter. In the weakened East Porzingis should make the All-star team if he develops how we all expect/want in season 3. So he should sit right where he does in that prediction.
#knickstape
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

spree#8 wrote:The position he plays doesn't matter. In the weakened East Porzingis should make the All-star team if he develops how we all expect/want in season 3. So he should sit right where he does in that prediction.
Do you not still have to vote for a center?
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

n8 the gr8 wrote: Do you not still have to vote for a center?
nope. not since 2013 i think
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Ari_Ingus

There was just an interview with KP before tomorrows game. That guy is 1h 30min at training before the whole team. Then he trains with team and afterwards stays much longer to work on his shot. If with this work ethics you cant become all-star, then i don`t know what else matters.
Ingus

KP will have his debut for Latvia National Team in 1h 30 minutes, in a friendly game against Poland. He's played for U18 and U20 before, but not the adult team. I'm really looking forward to seeing how KP looks now. I will post links to streams as well.
Nononsense

Ingus wrote:KP will have his debut for Latvia National Team in 1h 30 minutes, in a friendly game against Poland. He's played for U18 and U20 before, but not the adult team. I'm really looking forward to seeing how KP looks now. I will post links to streams as well.
Please do! Looking forward to it and thanks in advance!!
Ingus

Latvia won, 77:65. KP got 24 points and 12 rebounds (6 defensive, 6 offensive), 7/13 2p shots, 2/7 3p shots, 4/8 free throws, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 3 turnovers. First game for NT, no prior experience with team mates, and opponents were Poland, so it is hard to take much from this game. KP was the clear leader though, attracted lots of attention, and made opportunities for team mates. Looking forward to next friendly game to see more.
Last edited by Ingus on August 11th, 2017, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laborant

KP seemed more nervous at the beginning of the game than in his first NBA game :) But overall good national team debut.
taowave

Was he playing at the 4 or the 5?
Ari_Ingus

taowave wrote:Was he playing at the 4 or the 5?
he was not Center, i guess C is 5 right? :)
Don Che
Likes given: 9

highway61

thanks for video, If only Knicks had a point guard that looks for KP, like Latvia PG
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

KP Dennis Smith pick and roll :o
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Fxck Adam Silver
taowave

1= pg
2= sg
3=sf
4=pf
5=c

Ari_Ingus wrote: he was not Center, i guess C is 5 right? :)