2017 NBA Playoffs

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

thewatcher
Likes given: 2676

The Celtics are outclassed and out muscled, GTFOH :arrow: The Bucks are also better, Greg Monroe, like Lazarus, back from the dead.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher

Rondo playing like he hasn't aged a day. Rolo a very good playoff player.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 165

I'm loving watching the Celtics crash and burn. Bet Ainge is thinking that Melo/Butler/PG might've been worth one of those picks he was clinging so tight to. :D
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
thewatcher

n8 the gr8 wrote:I'm loving watching the Celtics crash and burn. Bet Ainge is thinking that Melo/Butler/PG might've been worth one of those picks he was clinging so tight to. :D
yes lets get the Celtics out of here, force Ainge to choose between the present and the future. I know it isn't popular but if we can snag their pick or picks with Melo/KP I'd do it, we are spinning our wheels in this league without all-star guards.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Want to flip Melo to Boston for a pick...fine but giving KP is just not smart....trading Ur 2nd maybe 1st best player to a team in your division is masochistic.

Keep it real....they haven't drafted well..they have done great in trades and free agency but completely failed drafting great talent in great lottery pick selections

If Boston don't win the lottery....and Jimmy stays...PG stays....Hayward stays which all seem possible right now.....you'd consider the Melo phone call in trading for it straight up or....Melo and the 7th pick for the 2nd pick and 1 or 2 of their role players

KP is not remotely in the discussion
n8 the gr8

If I'm Phil dealing with Ainge I would give 3 options:
-Melo + our 2017 1st for fillers, NJ's 2017 1st and the Celtics 2018 1st
-Melo for their fillers + NJ's 2018 first
-Melo for fillers and some nice rotation player, starting with Brown and Smart + a future Celtics 1st round pick.

The only way I would consider trading Melo, KP and a lottery pick is if both of Brooklyn's picks are included, and I'd still want a future Celtics 1st.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Blake Griffin is really the new Amare Stoudemire............athletic-freak big man, but fragile as glass
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

just when you thought tor was moving in the right direction, the bucks show them up. derozan and lowry are just too unreliable in the postseason.

yeah, the clips have a big decision on whether to retain bg this summer.
big_j_NY

cragganmor wrote: yeah, the clips have a big decision on whether to retain bg this summer.
CP3 too........but knowing Doc, he didn't take on the dual-role of coach and GM just to take on a rebuilding project down the road.
cragganmor

n8 the gr8 wrote:I'm loving watching the Celtics crash and burn. Bet Ainge is thinking that Melo/Butler/PG might've been worth one of those picks he was clinging so tight to. :D
ainge is feeling non-buyer's remorse at not taking the deal to land butler right now..

even if you don't believe in thomas as your long term solution at pg, butler fits that roster, brad steven's style perfectly.
big_j_NY

cragganmor wrote: ainge is feeling non-buyer's remorse at not taking the deal to land him butler right now..

even if you don't believe in thomas as your long term solution at pg, butler fits that roster, brad steven's style perfectly.
Or.......Ainge might be waiting for Brad Stevens's "former star player" to head to free agency this summer so the Celtics can pick him up. The former star being Gordon Hayward, Butler University Alum and formely coached by then Butler University coach Brad Stevens
cragganmor

he'll try, but i think the jazz can offer a much better deal. i think gh likes it in utah. who wants to deal with the asshat fans in boston?
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Bucks with their hands full in Toronto, especially after the Game 4 loss. It's gotta be a difficult thing for Kidd seeing his young team somewhat lose confidence in themselves. I heard him say, "you gotta believe," which in my opinion is the only difference between Milwaukee winning and losing this series. Not believing in themselves leads to hella turnovers and passive play.

Giannis appears to have forgotten who he is.

DeRozan is a killer.
#TeamTank
Koopa Troopa

This playoffs has drawn attention to two big things

1. Travelling and carries are rampant. I remember when Rafer Alston came to the league and the refs blew the whistle whenever he dribbled and it was bullshit. Now???? Everyone is doing AND1 mixtape stuff and its legal. Meanwhile defenders cannot touch the ball handler whatsover. There isnt any leniency even though its the playoffs! Hoiberg brought this up the other day and I cant say I blame him.

The travelling has gotten so bad that its part of guys games now. Nobody is really doing a normal 1,2 up. They pick the ball up, take a step, and then initiate the 1 2 to create the illusion that its not a travel. But even worse theres guys who dont even do that and just take however many steps blatantly with no care. I know Kevin Durant has long strides, but its BS to see him cross someone at the three point line pick the ball up and get a dunk without dribbling after the crossover (just happened in game 4, first quarter). I think probably only Antetokounmpo can actually do that and have it be legal.

2. Way too many fouls called from the three point line. The whole James Harden thing of just pulling up cause a guy is trying to defend/fight through a pick and his arm gets caught is bullshit. Should at best be an on the floor foul, tired of offense initiating contact and getting rewarded greatly. Its changing the game in a bad way.

My guess is Adam Silver wants more offense, but what this is actually doing is slowing down the game and taking away from the art of BBALL.

I dont even have a problem with players that are abusing this. If the NBA allows it, you have to take advantage if you want to win. :?
thewatcher

shakespeare wrote: Giannis appears to have forgotten who he is.

DeRozan is a killer.
Giannis can't discover his game in the playoffs. his go to move is the dunk. he needs to work on his jumpshot, and his post game and find his go-to move. DeRozan is the opposite, he knows exactly who he is and how to do it over and over.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
n8 the gr8

Koopa Troopa wrote:This playoffs has drawn attention to two big things

1. Travelling and carries are rampant. I remember when Rafer Alston came to the league and the refs blew the whistle whenever he dribbled and it was bullshit. Now???? Everyone is doing AND1 mixtape stuff and its legal. Meanwhile defenders cannot touch the ball handler whatsover. There isnt any leniency even though its the playoffs! Hoiberg brought this up the other day and I cant say I blame him.

The travelling has gotten so bad that its part of guys games now. Nobody is really doing a normal 1,2 up. They pick the ball up, take a step, and then initiate the 1 2 to create the illusion that its not a travel. But even worse theres guys who dont even do that and just take however many steps blatantly with no care. I know Kevin Durant has long strides, but its BS to see him cross someone at the three point line pick the ball up and get a dunk without dribbling after the crossover (just happened in game 4, first quarter). I think probably only Antetokounmpo can actually do that and have it be legal.

2. Way too many fouls called from the three point line. The whole James Harden thing of just pulling up cause a guy is trying to defend/fight through a pick and his arm gets caught is bullshit. Should at best be an on the floor foul, tired of offense initiating contact and getting rewarded greatly. Its changing the game in a bad way.

My guess is Adam Silver wants more offense, but what this is actually doing is slowing down the game and taking away from the art of BBALL.

I dont even have a problem with players that are abusing this. If the NBA allows it, you have to take advantage if you want to win. :?
I'm with you Koop, traveling needs to be re-emphasized. No more euro-step. It's just impossible for a defender to stop a drive when they start between the guy and the basket, then the offensive player picks up their dribble and takes so many steps to get by.

NBA continuation is such a joke. If the contact begins when the offensive players shoulders aren't square with the basket (barring like a hook shot or something in the paint) I don't care what happens, it shouldn't be a shooting foul. 25+ feet from the basket with more than 4 seconds on the shotclock automatically shouldn't be a shooting foul ever. Start giving technicals to people who try to fake it really egregiously like the refs did for flopping. It's just too much.

I don't even want to see "hand in the cookie jar" fouls. If a defeners arm is still and the offensive players is moving just make it legal.

What's interesting is that the 12/13 season was fewest FTA per game (22.2) this year the average was .9. more. So it's not really that there are 'too many' FTs it's just that so many of them are bullshit plays where the guy wasn't actually looking to score.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/lea ... stats.html
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
Koopa Troopa

i think the fact that the term "gather step" exists bothers me :drunk:

Basically now traveling is legal as long as you say hey man, it was a gather step. :arrow:
shakespeare

thewatcher wrote: Giannis can't discover his game in the playoffs. his go to move is the dunk. he needs to work on his jumpshot, and his post game and find his go-to move. DeRozan is the opposite, he knows exactly who he is and how to do it over and over.
I had a feeling that experience would be a factor, but I'd hoped Milwaukee's belief in their respective talents would prevail in the series.

There's still a chance that Toronto loses the next two games, but like you alluded, Giannis needs to find his game.

He needs to develop confidence in his game and put the Bucks on his shoulders and will them to victory.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Koopa Troopa wrote: The whole James Harden thing of just pulling up cause a guy is trying to defend/fight through a pick and his arm gets caught is bullshit.
Every time Hardens receives the call on that particular move, I really wonder how he keeps from laughing, it's comical.
If the NBA allows it, you have to take advantage if you want to win.
AGREED. Gotta take it up with the game and never the player.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

What was OKC thinking?

They had a core for the ages.
#TeamTank